You'll want to see this Bendpak RJ-45 sliding bridge Jack! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

You'll want to see this Bendpak RJ-45 sliding bridge Jack!

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by rzundel, Jan 23, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fast85pony

fast85pony Rookie

Feb 4, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I know this thread is about your great lift system, but could you comment on your detailing of the CS? The paint has a fantastic wet look - care to share your technique/products? Thanks

2. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    I use the best detailer Jason at [email protected] here in SoCal and use Speedshine detail spray from Griot's Garage after each drive.

3. fast85pony

fast85pony Rookie

Feb 4, 2010
    Austin, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bill
    Thanks, I use your CS' finish as my model of perfection as I work on my 360.

4. fasthound

fasthound Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 23, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #54 fasthound, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Following Rick's lead, I just had mine installed today.

BendPak supplied the lift components:
    BendPak HD-9
    Rolling Bridge Jacks (two)
    Lightweight ramps

I had to supply the cars myself:
    2005 F430 F1
    2007 SL55 w/ 030 Performance package

And yes, I like the color RED. And yes, they are both filthy. Lots of sitting outside while electrical work and painting was completed. And yes I know I still need to do the floor, but wanted the lift in first.

THANKS TO RICK FOR INITIATING THIS THREAD AND ANSWERING ALL MY QUESTIONS!

Now I'm going out to the garage with a good bourbon and sit and stare for the rest of the evening.

Cheers,
    Kevin
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Congratulations Kevin! Great installation and the cars look perfect stacked together!! Enjoy in good health! You will find that it doubles your smiles when you enter the garage. Smiles are good for your health! Just wait to see how much fun you will have when you use the jacks. :)

6. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #56 Owens84QV, Mar 28, 2012
    I installed the Eagle equivalent. Bridge jacks were $595 each, but are hand-pump jacks which then lock in place at the desired raise height. The hand-pump jacks raise the car super easy so not a problem vs. "push a button". The bridge jacks also came with pad extensions in case the vehicle you are lifting has more ground clearance than a normal car.

7. fasthound

fasthound Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 23, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #57 fasthound, Mar 31, 2012
    Picked up a Campbell Hausfeld compressor today to go with the lift. 20 gallon, 2HP, 5.5 cfm@90PSI with oil lubricated motor and belt drive so it's pretty quiet. Already broken in and ready for work.

And my wife even helped me get it out of the jeep onto the lift for lowering and unpacking. Heck, she even went with me to buy it. I love that woman!

8. way2evil

way2evil Rookie

Jan 18, 2006
    long island
    Great setup
    Do you have a single or double garage door

9. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    I have both but where I have this lift installed it is single door.

10. Petza914

Petza914 Rookie

Jan 8, 2013
    Hi guys, I'm new to this forum and getting ready to do a 4-post lift in my garage too. I had a question for Rick and the other RJ-45 jack owners. Without the side plate modification, how far above the height of the lift runners would the jack be in its lowest position? With the modified side plates, what does it bring this dimension down to and does the bottom of the jack then touch the floor when the lift is all the way down? Thanks in advance for the help.

11. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Not to mention a very clean man-cave

12. italiangerman

italiangerman Karting

Jul 28, 2009
    Rick,
    That 4,xxx mile CS looks brand new!

I've got the 4 poster already. This convinces me to go for the jacks. So $1250x2 plus $x for labor?
    What is the spec on that roll up air hose I spy by the compressor?

Thanks a bunch for the great post.
    PS. What cleaning system/wax are you using on the bendpac? HAHAHA

13. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    The cost of the 2 jacks is not too far from the price of a separate 2 post lift? If one has the space for another lift.
    Ed

14. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    I don't have the exact specs but I believe the modified rails brought the jack down about an inch. That is what I needed for my CS. When the lift is all the way lowered it sits about 1/2 inch from the floor. Perfect. It's my understanding that these changes are now permanent changes in the jacks offered by Bendpak. My recommendation is to contact Jeff at Bendpak who I mention at the beginning of my post. He can give you exact spects and details. Tell him I sent you. Great guy.

15. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Thanks Mike. :)

16. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    Great decision on the jacks! You will love them. No real labor cost on the jacks. Just will need help lifting them. They are heavy. I got a craftsman 150psi compressor with two hose connectors. One for the lift and one for the jacks. Works great!

PS. I simply wipe down the lift when I wipe down the car and it always stays looking new! :)

17. 1Superleggera

1Superleggera Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2011
    North East
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Nice setup and great for cleaning!

Detailing a car without taking the wheels off is like showering without lifting your arms.:)

18. sanchezdds

sanchezdds Formula Junior

Aug 15, 2009
    California
    I love this post. I am contemplating installing a lift in my new home, and this post really helped. Thanks again for sharing your experience.

19. Bayerische EXX

Jan 11, 2013
    Very practical lift setup. Would love to get one of those in my garage...

20. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    I say go for it!

21. rzundel

rzundel Formula Junior

Dec 30, 2006
    Southern California
    #71 rzundel, Oct 17, 2016
  22. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    #72 Randy R, Oct 17, 2016
    I purchased a Bendpak HD-9ST, along with an RJ-45, aluminum ramps and drip pans from GE Supply and had them deliver and install in Aug 2012. Love it, love it, love it!!! I ran the power and air through the ceiling to eliminate tripping hazards (air compressor is in a storage locker next to, but outside the garage for noise isolation). I have only 1 RJ-45, however I've been thinking about buying another one. I built a removable "step" that is flush to the left side, which gives me a bit more width in order to step out (or up) into (out of) a car on the lift.

23. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    An alignment style lift with 2 center posts were always my first choice to work on.

Looks great guys!!!

24. cgfen

cgfen Formula Junior

Jun 1, 2015
    vista ca
    Interesting solution.
    I'm curious, why did you select a 4 post lift initially instead of a two post lift?

Cheers

Craig

25. Bryanp

Bryanp F1 Rookie

Aug 13, 2002
    Santa Fe, NM
    #75 Bryanp, Oct 17, 2016
    I had a four-post lift when I lived in Virginia for my 365 GT 2+ 2 and MGA. When I moved to New Mexico a few years ago and built my working garage, I switched to a two-post lift. In my circumstances, I never used the four post for storing cars and didn't need the storage in the new garage, either. I also found that when I needed the lift, 95% of the time it was for doing some kind of wheels-off work, so the two-post better suited my needs. A Bendpak two-post is much cheaper than a Bendpak four-post + two bridge jacks.

This is the Bendpak XPR-9S-LP ("LP" means "low profile" for sports cars) w/ my new project on it.