Who daily drives their Ferrari, or splits the duties? | FerrariChat

Who daily drives their Ferrari, or splits the duties?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 1stFerrari@71, Oct 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 1stFerrari@71

1stFerrari@71 Formula Junior

Jun 21, 2013
    Commerce, Texas
    Full Name:
    Joel Jacobs
    Subject line "says it all."

I split the DD duties between my 328 GTB and a C7 Corvette (have been driving Corvettes as DDs for 27+ years).... when I need a larger trunk I take the C7, otherwise it's the 328.

You?

Joel

2. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    I used to but then I decided to restore it...

3. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    I can't do it myself because of business, clients, employees, etc.
    My wife has a new car on order and definitely will drive it daily, 10-12k miles/year.

4. ross

ross Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2002
    houston/geneva
    Full Name:
    Ross
    i used to. drove my 456mgt for 9 years. then i moved to houston......

Fcar3years likes this.
  5. Island Time

Island Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 18, 2004
    E. TN
    Full Name:
    David
    #5 Island Time, Oct 5, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 5, 2017
    I don't discriminate.

I buy a vehicle with the intent of driving it on any given day.

Scott Holliday and good2go like this.
  6. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    My philosophy of Ferrari ownership includes the idea that if you have to put the car on a battery tender, you're not driving it enough. So, I drive them twice a week, even if it's just to go across town to my favorite cigar shop, or the fancy liquor store I like.

Boomhauer likes this.
  7. RonH

RonH Formula 3

May 29, 2016
    Newport Coast, California
    Full Name:
    Ron H
    I split duty between my 07 612 and a 05 Mercedes CL55. Both great drivers cars but different enough to satisfy different moods. I also take the Ferrari to the office. Who cares about business, clients, employees! That's their problem.

8. bernardo66

bernardo66 The Crazy Cat Man
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 14, 2003
    Montreal Canada
    Full Name:
    Bernie
    I drive it to the office every so often, and run errands occasionally in it.
    However, week-end driving in it, is mandatory. :cool:

9. Bdel

Bdel Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Hollis, NH
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    I split the duties between my 458 (used to be 360) and my other two cars. I dont drive the Fcars in the rain.

10. Jana

Jana F1 Veteran

Mar 4, 2015
    I work from home and have several to drive, so the answer is definitely split. Mostly it depends on where I'm going (road conditions and parking) and which one needs a workout. But if all conditions are go for the Huracan, then that's the one I pick every time.

Boomhauer likes this.
  11. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Getting a second set of winter wheels for her so she can drive in snow and other nasty Chicago weather.

SecretSquirrari likes this.
  12. good2go

good2go Formula Junior

Feb 9, 2016
    I drive my California T every day (in the summer). I put roughly 8K miles a summer on the car.

1stFerrari@71 likes this.
  13. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    "my 458 (used to be 360)"?
    Now that's amazing! ... and the transmission changed and everything? :confused:

14. Corsair66

Corsair66 Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2016
    Clermont, FL
    Full Name:
    Ken
    I'm splitting these days between my F430 and a Tesla Model S. I'm not thrilled with the Tesla (long story) and miss my MB CLS550; am thinking about replacing it with an S Coupe to share the DD duties with the F-car.

15. Olddognewbone

Olddognewbone Rookie

Jun 5, 2017
    I drive an FF on a daily basis and it’s fantastic

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

Boomhauer and papou like this.
  16. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Not ever for daily duties, well rarely. I could count the number of times on one hand for over 12 years and three Ferraris.
    I did used to think the fuel would be too costly but my current DD a MB CLK is hardly better on fuel.

The comments at work would drive me mad anyway and it's always raining here in Manchester UK.

17. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

My sentiments exactly, although while my health has failed, mostly forced to use the Range Rover now unless the stars align perfectly.....don't want to get somewhere, be ill, and not be able to get home!

18. Rosso328

Rosso328 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 11, 2006
    Central FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    The 430 is my daily, unless I decide the 328 needs a drive. 328 gets out less in the summer due to the a/c performance. Or lack thereof.

That said, I still use my MX-5 as my 'airport car.' Just can't bring myself to leave the 430 in airport parking all week, even though I would absolutely appreciate having it there when I land!

19. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I know this obviously bucks the trend here, but my Ferrari's are strictly for pleasure. I don't run errands in them and I don't do anything mundane in them. I have a Honda for that. They go out on perfect days for brisk cruises on open, winding country roads. I never want to lose the special the thrill and experience they give me. I respect how anyone chooses to enjoy their Ferrari's but, for me, they aren't cars, they are events and art in motion.

20. Penguin

Penguin Rookie

Oct 16, 2016
    I recently bought my first Ferrari a few months ago, 458 spider, and definitely use it as a daily driver (except when it rains). Love it. Probably won't leave it at airport, that just seems too risky.

21. Mark_M5

Mark_M5 Karting

Nov 14, 2006
    Ventura County, CA
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I'm curious to hear that story... I've been thinking for a while that my ideal garage would have exactly this - Tesla model S and F430. I haven't reached the right phase in life yet (current garage is a classic M5 and Porsche Turbo, but looking to upgrade someday). So if there's a story about the Tesla, maybe you'd consider starting a thread someplace about Tesla experiences? Inquiring minds want to know.

If/when I save up and get an F-car, my plan would be to use it sparingly. Unless I win Lotto, in which case I'll get an 812 Superfast and Portofino to alternate as daily drivers :)

22. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    When its not raining, snowing, or so long as the roads are clear, I will drive my Ferraris every day- around my back roads and then to my office.

23. lamborarijason

lamborarijason Karting

Sep 18, 2017
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I split between 488GTB and McLaren 570S.

I used to daily drive 360 modena 9 years ago, I prefer driving exciting cars to work and back home. It gives me something to look forward to twice a day.

24. Ingenere

Ingenere F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 11, 2001
    On the Limit
    Full Name:
    Dino
    I have rotated a 348, TR, Mondial t, F40 and an X5

25. JB833

JB833 Karting

Jan 3, 2015
    London