Where is the fuse for 599 OEM Battery Conditioner (trunk) connector? | FerrariChat

Where is the fuse for 599 OEM Battery Conditioner (trunk) connector?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by denfpal, Oct 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo
    Just installed a new Interstate MT7-AGM battery and the OEM Battery Conditioner (works fine) and the CTEK 7002 (works fine) too; however, both chargers are showing that they are not connected to the battery via the factory connection in the trunk and will not charge the new battery. Does anyone know where the fuse is for this factory (trunk) connection? - I'm feeling that the circuit is dead or, if it is fused, the fuse has blown since everything else checkout OK - please advise. Thanks, Dennis

2. rugby

rugby Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2015
    Atlanta
    Were the chargers connecting to the old battery before you changed it?

The location of the charger fuse should be indicated in your owner's manual.

I don't have a 599, but according to another post, the 599 charger circuit has a MIDI fuse, if that's any help.

3. denfpal

denfpal Karting

Apr 30, 2015
    Parkland, FL
    Full Name:
    Dennis Palumbo
    I did find the fuse layout in the manual, and finally was able to fix the problem - everything is now working perfectly. It was fuse F29 (blown) in the trunk that controls the battery conditioner/charger circuit. Interesting...the person that replaced the prior battery back in Dec. of 2013 must have changed this fuse as well - the blown fuse was a 5 AMP - and the factory spec calls for a 15 AMP here, which is what I installed. Thank you.