Wax | FerrariChat

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mondial 1985

Mondial 1985 Formula Junior

Jun 13, 2012
    Greenville, SC
    Full Name:
    Mark Alan Day
    Hey guys, I know this hasn't ever been discussed on this website so I'm asking. What wax do would you recommend? I'v always used the Zymol in the bottle, but maybe there's something else I maybe need to use.

2. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Scroll down to the detailing and showroom thread. Multiple threads and everyone has a favorite

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

3. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    So many different recommendations depending on your goal.
    Do you like waxing? Paint Sealants and Ceramic coatings, last a longer time. But may not have the Warmth from a Carnauba. Classic Single Stage or Clear Coat Base Coat? That Changes things. Color and presence of Metal Flake in the Paint?

I use Pinnacle Souveran on my Black 64 Single Stage Painted Corvette.
    I use Pinnacle Signature Series II on my Blue 68 Corvette cause its better for not muting the Metal Flake in that. Those 2 are Carnauba

My Velocity Yellow 2014 Corvette and my Grigio Silverstone F430 both get the same, which is Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant topped with Wolfgang Fuzion Wax.
    Nice Glossy Finish with excellent Bug and dirt repel. The Fuzion adds the Carnauba Glow/Warmth to the Gloss from the Wolfgang DGPS

4. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    I like P21S

*599GTB* and f355spider like this.
  5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    +1, I have been using P21S for about 10 years, and really like the results. It is also very easy going on, and removes easily too. One secret: when shopping, buy S100 from a Harley Davidson store, either online or brick and mortar. It is the exact same product as P21S, same white plastic tub and blue plastic lid, but typically priced under $20, versus around $40 at your local German car dealership.

For my daily driver I use a paint sealant called Rejex. For a daily driven, but garaged car, it lasts 6 to 9 months. I even use it on the window glass, tail lights and headlights. For added gloss, I can apply P21S over the Rejex, after waiting a day for it to cure first.

With whatever you choose, a thorough wash, and careful claybar cleaning of the paint first is a must.

6. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Just checked, under $16 for S100 (P21S) on Ebay with free shipping. Use search term "S100 wax" and scroll down

7. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    This one is my favorite: wax.

All the best,
    Andrew.

8. AceMaster

AceMaster Three Time F1 World Champ

Feb 6, 2009
    Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Lol

9. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    zymol in the bottle is the fake stuff - i think its turtle wax or something. use the real zymol.

10. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Yes, it is made by a third party for Zymol, but is still a decent product for what it is...when I need something with a mild polishing action, I will reach for it. It does leave a nice gloss, though not very long lasting. I used Zymol Ital back in 2000 or so, long before they raised the price about triple to what it is today. It was a good product, but I find P21S/S100 to be it's equal (if not better), yet goes on much easier, removes easier, and costs next to nothing when purchased at a Harley Davidson shop. ;)

11. RossoC360

RossoC360 Formula Junior
    Owner

Jun 20, 2008
    Buffalo NY
    Full Name:
    Jason
    I use P21S as well but very sparingly, most of the time a good paint sealer does the job on appearance and lasts 10x longer, I use klasse and wolfgang.