Visiting Italy- ferrari rental? | FerrariChat

Visiting Italy- ferrari rental?

Discussion in 'Europe' started by bkthomps, Nov 2, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bkthomps

bkthomps Formula Junior

Dec 22, 2012
    USA
    Anyone have any suggestions, references, or example costs from renting while visiting Italy?

2. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    Do you mean normal rental or the cars that are rented out for half an hour for a quick blast?

No idea about the first. There is a company close to the factory (can't remember the name) who will rent out a California or a 458 for a few hundred euros for a short drive.

Edit-Rental company in Maranello is called Pushstart.

3. MvT

MvT F1 Rookie

May 25, 2013
    The Netherlands - NH
    Full Name:
    Tijn
    For 3 days a 458 approx 5000 to 6000 euro. (excluding all additional insurrances) and yes they make it horrible to choose. When we rent regular cars in Italy we take no additional insurances. (Before driving away take photo's from each side and interrior)

for 15min you can drive a 458 Speciale for 120 euro (at Pitstop) Maranello (on the right side of the Ferrari Museum.

4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    In Maranello there are at least 7 or more rental car companies where you can rent all sorts of Ferraris and Lamborghinis as well.

Marcel Massini

5. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Here you can find the prices to rent a Ferrari at Pushstart (next to Museo Ferrari)

F430, 458, Speciale, California, LP570

Choose a tour and drive a supercar PushStart Maranello

6. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
  7. JazzyO

JazzyO F1 World Champ

Jan 14, 2007
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Onno
  8. bundas

bundas F1 Veteran
    Owner

Dec 31, 2005
    lexington ky usa
    Full Name:
    mitchell barnes
    will you be in Italy? I have an Italian Garmin if you think it would help. for a car I rented from Avis. they were the most reasonable, and flexible.

9. Martin D

Martin D F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2004
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Martin Dietz
    when you arrive at the Galleria Ferrari lots of people from all the different shops will ask you if you want to drive a Ferrari for 10 or more minutes. prices start from I think 80€ for a 360 if I remember correct.

Martin

10. Wakesurfin

Wakesurfin Rookie

Dec 16, 2014
    we're heading to Europe and ending up in Zurich and need to get to Milan. Figured I'd check out a ferrari to drive through the alps.. asking prices are nearly $4k for this trip in a california or ??

I'd seen one place with a 360 that looked like it could be had for closer to $1500, which is something I'd consider...

does anyone have experience here ? suggestions? i've emailed several and there is obviously a language challenge....

so far, emailing with King, auto europe, luxury car hire, hertz and sixt...

11. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    Any news on this quest? I'm thinking of going to the south of France & would love a 1 day mountain blast in something interesting.

12. Hlynzi

Hlynzi Rookie

Jun 26, 2004
    Iceland
    Full Name:
    Hlynur
    Since i plan to do the same, i have been going wild on google and digging up Ferraris for rental, cheapest 1-day rental is around 1000-1300 euro (i found one for 2300...which is a lot more) I think it would be most suitable for 2 persons to take that option rather than the other options, for the value.

It is by far easiest to rent it up around Modena (ofcourse), there are companies like PushStart which gets good reviews.
    Most common price i see is 550-600 euros per 1 hour drive, some of the offer "mountain tour" which they offer at Pushstart sounds very fun.
    I always check pricing for the 458 Spider, it is slightly more expensive to take the speciale, and cheaper for 430 and 360 cars.
    https://www.motorstarsbooking.com/my/Ferrari Driving Experience Maranello.htm

Some weeks ago i found a tour for around 700 euro, with 1 hour road drive and 30 minutes on a track on a 458 Italia, i can´t seem to find that tour again (or i made mistake when checking out the price, or my memory is fooling me).

I´ll throw in a update when i decide what i pick.

13. Hlynzi

Hlynzi Rookie

Jun 26, 2004
    Iceland
    Full Name:
    Hlynur
    I went for PushStart in Maranello, which is located next to the Ferrari Museum (day after the rental i went for a tour with Motorstars italy, where we went to Lamborghini factory + museum, Ferrari museum, lunch at typical italian restaurant and to end the day a factory tour in Pagani, this costs 250 euros, transport is included and groups are small, 8-9 person max)

I did try out the 458 Spider, which is an awesome machine, that ended costing 650 euros for 1 hour. If you are 2 persons both planning to do the same, i would recommend renting a Ferrari for the day, should be around 1300 euros.

14. Mikestradale

Mikestradale F1 Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Mike
    For the people who wanna rent a nice car in the South of France, this rental company AAA Lucury has offices in Monaco, Nice and Cannes , I had a ride once in their Mansory 458 Spider

It's not cheap but they have very exclusive cars like a Speciale, Superveloce, 675LT, GT3RS, 488 etc.

Limited editions: Rental of limited edition - AAA
    Sportscars: AAA Luxury | Sport & Exotic Car Rental - AAA