VERDI FERRARI | Page 15 | FerrariChat

VERDI FERRARI

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by hincksmanrees1919, Nov 24, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    +1

With the best will in the world, key decisions can be compromised with realisation arriving too late

2. Beau365

Beau365 Formula 3

Feb 27, 2005
    Congested London
    Full Name:
    Beau
    PS. 169,000 Ferrari people have been reading this thread. That cannot be good for GVE's reputation.

3. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    It's almost funny or just insulting, "I've opened a nursery and employed Jimmy saville to mop the toilets, drop your kids off at 9am"

4. phil the brit

phil the brit Formula 3

Jul 7, 2013
    Colchester+Clermont
    Full Name:
    Phil Taylor

Lack of response would appear to indicate that the answer is obvious.

5. geopetrolhead

geopetrolhead Rookie

Mar 6, 2016
    Eatbourne, UK
    Full Name:
    George
    Hahaha, well said, they certainly won't get any of my money or touch my pride and joy

Just through association with those crooks!

6. willcrook

willcrook Formula 3

Feb 3, 2009
    UK

Karl is anything but honest and has robbed money from lots of people, almost all of which continue to own ferraris, GVE have made a really bad decision to associate themselves with this man.

7. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Regardless of anything else, it really is an astonishingly poor business decision to have any association at all with Verdi.

8. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Wrong

David is on holiday!

9. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Maybe he will use the downtime to reflect

10. markst

markst Rookie

Jan 25, 2006

Possibly , but sometimes friends and family are hard to say no to - and never believe what you are told .

My biggest worry if I was still in business is that this association would become common knowledge across any other business interests I had as it would put off customers and investors alike .

Then a minor issue becomes a huge headache , and it's how you handle this type of situation can define you or your reputation.

If he try's to bury the story then that tells you everything you will ever need to know

11. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    LOL

But very true.

12. francisn

francisn Formula 3

Apr 18, 2004
    Berks, UK
    Full Name:
    francis newman
    Mark

You do David Rai a misfavour. I don't hold any candle for him but he has come on here and been quite open about the situation and how you can suggest he is burying anything is beyond me. As I wrote earlier, the fact that he has not responded to recent posts is because he is on holiday in Portugal.

And in case you wonder how I know so much, it is not because I am in his pocket. In fact I have never met him nor talked to him. I just happened to be passing by his premises last week and suggested I pop- in to say hello, and he told me would be in Portugal.

F

13. markst

markst Rookie

Jan 25, 2006
    I'm not so sure - either way bit of a poor decision.

14. Davidrai_GVE

Davidrai_GVE Rookie
    BANNED

Aug 25, 2016
    #364 Davidrai_GVE, Sep 10, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2016
    Hi Guys,

As Francis pointed out, I've been on holiday.

In response to your msg's:

4rePhill - not all ex-Verdi staff- some new, yes being managed by Kabir, as and when it is needed is getting technical advice from Karl. I can only comment on my service centre and the level of great service it offers and will be offering for many years.

Beau365 - Our reputation speaks for itself. We are constantly buying and selling great quality stock with the majority our stock being owned by GVE outright. Recent purchases P1, 675LT, 675LT Spider, 964 RS LW, 991 GT3 RS just to name a few. We have a great aftercare service for our clients and we have many testimonials to back this.

gt4me - Jimmy Saville jokes...classy!

geopetrolhead - Sorry to hear that, hopefully in time we can change your mind.

willcrook - Kabir manages the service centre

SimCity3 - It was a great holiday, Quinta Do Lago, you should check it out if you haven't already.

markst - I do business in a very honest and transparent way and have done so since 2009. Prior to that I became a chartered accountant working in KPMG, so I have a lot to lose if I don't play by the book. Again, we let our cars, servicing, detailing work and our customer service do the talking and build our reputation for us.

So there you have it. The intention to respond to this post was just to make sure that everyone had the correct facts. Going forward if anyone would like more information please do not hesitate to contact me directly by calling the showroom or even by popping in. I'd now like my contribution to this site to be more about things we learn about the Ferraris that come through our doors and potentially giving advice that could help you with your own cars.

Many thanks,

David

15. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    As a non-sponsoring business, now that David has put his side of the story forward, he needs to either select a non-commercial username or come to a sponsorship arrangement with the administrator to promote his shop. Unfortunately, the private invitation to do so was not acted upon, so I must apply a procedural ban until the matter is resolved.

All the best,
    Andrew.

16. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    You what??? Jobsworth springs to mind...amongst other things...ffs the guy has defended his business (and I am in no way in support of Verdi) and you ban him...

Paul

17. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Paul,

He was permitted to defend his business and he did so - I was aware of his account from his very first post. The site does allow for businesses to come online to respond to reviews, so he was not banned for that. The ban is also in no way a reflection upon any assessment of his business.

Commercial operations are not permitted to have commercial usernames, such as the GVE at the end of his name, unless they become sponsors of the site. I sent him a very polite and friendly PM on the 29th of August asking for him to either provide a username change selection or take out a sponsorship request, but didn't get a reply. As he's clearly active again, intends to stay to invite people to his shop, and hasn't replied to the message, the ban message was:

"Please contact the administrator to select a non-commercial username (or become a sponsor) and you will be reinstated."

Unfortunately, past experience has demonstrated that most newly joined business owners won't make responding to moderation/administration notices any sort of priority for their time on the site until you limit their access. As soon as he either selects a non-commercial username or takes out a sponsorship arrangement (enabling promotional posts) he will be immediately reinstated.

All the best,
    Andrew.

18. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Absolutely right Andrew. The guy had his say, and put it very well so there is no confusion, now he needs to decide whether to interact as a business with whom we can all transact, or to limit himself to being an active and knowledgeable member, either way, fchat hopefully becomes even better as a resource

19. Durzel

Durzel Rookie

Oct 20, 2014
    But didn't Verdi, and therefore Kabir, wind up the company leaving many £thousands out of pocket?

So he's working for GVE now, so clean slate I guess? Nothing legal connecting GVE to Verdi, very deliberately I would imagine, but he gets to carry on making money whilst the ones affected by Verdi's collapse have no recourse.

Quite why GVE would imperil themselves by attaching their name to that baggage is anyone's guess, he must be a pretty big friend because his professional conduct is highly questionable at best.

20. SimCity3

SimCity3 F1 Rookie

Yes we used to enjoy Quinta Do Logo very much, although bought a place in Villa Sol instead.

Your relationship with Verdi must be very tight, as you appear to be brushing off the negative reputational damage afforded GVE through your continued association.

It's all your decision at the end of the day. Good luck

21. Jackie and bill

Jackie and bill Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2014
    GB
    Full Name:
    William
    Agreed every word.

22. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I have been threatened legally by Verdi if I didn't remove this thread. A defamation lawyer in the UK reviewed their claim and it has no merit, but I'm just a volunteer moderator and should have no exposure. I am personally soft deleting (removing from public view) this thread now.

23. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    As administrator of FerrariChat.com I respect your position Andrew. As a volunteer moderator doing this for fun and the benefit of the overall community no one would like to be subject to the unwarranted attacks by Karl Verdi's agents and Verdi Ferrari. I'll take over from here, FerrariChat.com has assembled all the resources necessary to defend against the attacks by Verdi Ferrari and more. They tried to pick on our innocent UK moderator, but now they are ****ing with me. I have reopened this thread. Andrew, you are hereby absolved of any involvement. Thanks for all your thankless hard work helping in the UK forum, Verdi is pathetic for trying such sleazy tactics picking on you.

Senshi458 and 328Matt like this.
  24. Bluebottle

Bluebottle F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 15, 2012
    Newbury, Berkshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Go for it! I hope you kick his a**e from here to Kingdom Come!

328Matt likes this.
  25. johngtc

johngtc Formula Junior
    Owner

Mar 4, 2005
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    John Gould
    I have no doubt that FChat has access to good legal advice, but others might be interested in this advice taken from a lawyer's site:

“Honest comment” on a matter of public interest is one of the principle defences to an action for defamation. The defence of honest comment (or fair comment as it used to be known) reflects the protection that English law affords to an honest person who expresses an opinion, however “prejudiced, exaggerated or obstinate” that view may be.