Vandalized 308 GTS QV for sale... | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Vandalized 308 GTS QV for sale...

Discussion in '308/328' started by Andy 308GTB, Jan 27, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I would tend to agree....

Even random violence on my Ferraris has begun with light lenses.
    Or, breaking off things....acid down the windows once (at a hospital where it was handy).

Broken glass is for "getting inside" quickly (despite the noise mentioned in post above)..but this looks like someone walked around it very calmly putting costly damage into each section....

I would think there is a Police Report "somewhere" that explains all that.
    How many of us enthusiastic owners here would just "send it in" to be fixed???

Quietly.....:D :D :D

2. Aus_yz

Aus_yz Karting

Sep 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mika
    Thankyou thats good to know , Im surprised at the low number of QVs made for UK .

3. davebuchner

davebuchner Formula 3

Jun 1, 2005
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Dave Buchner
    To echo what's been said here - I know this is true as I had one of the 233 until a few months ago (although mine was in better shape).

4. Alex308qv

Alex308qv Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2016
    PA
    Full Name:
    Alex
    eBay says it was SOLD for GBP 54,700 (US$ 64,500). If the winning bid is legit, this seems a lot for a damaged car with a scarred title and an apparently rough past.

With my forensics hat on, the vertical nature of the dents suggests the vandal (or scorned spouse/jilted lover) stood on top of the car and swung down on each panel with a Louisville Slugger or equivalent.

5. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    Especially considering the 75k miles.

6. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Must be trying to recoup some of the monies spent on armor- all or whatever it is they sprayed all over the damn thing. Can only imagine the mess you would have if parked outside for a few hours with a light breeze .. otherwise a nice car.

7. mcimino

mcimino Formula 3

Oct 5, 2007
    Long Island, NY
    Still looks vandalized with that rear end. :oops:

8. Dr Tommy Cosgrove

Dr Tommy Cosgrove Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 4, 2001
    Birmingham, AL
    Full Name:
    Tommy
    Too bad.

I can only imagine how the first owner felt taking the keys to that machine in 1985.

9. 4rePhill

4rePhill F1 Veteran

Oct 18, 2009
    Worcester, England
    Full Name:
    Phill J
    It's been for sale on Ebay's classic section for quite a few months now at that price.

Previously, the 328 rear bumper/apron was all colour coded - The black painted section to try to make it look more like a 308 rear bumper is new, and frankly looks crap!

308 aficionado's seem to get a major bee in their bonnet about the 328 rear bumper/apron being on the car - TBH, it wouldn't bother Me (so long as it was colour-coded - That red/black look is annoying Me!), and I suspect most non - 308/Ferrari people wouldn't even realise that it's actually the wrong bumper for the car.

The price is a bit strong for a car that's got a CAT D insurance marker against it. I suspect they're hoping a buyer will come along who reads: "Previously vandal damaged" as meaning the paintwork was keyed or the lights were smashed, rather than: "Just about every panel was kicked in!"

I would want to see some pictorial evidence of the repairs that were carried out to sort all the dents out, to show that it isn't simply full of filler, but even if the dent's have been pulled and repaired with the utmost care, to Me, with the CAT D against it, it's still only a £56K car in the current UK market, and not £67.5K .

With proof of proper, quality repairs having been carried out, and a price tag @ £56K rather than £68K, I could be tempted to buy it, drive it, and not give a s:censored:t what anyone else thought about it! (I'd have to get that rear bumper/apron repainted to be all red again though! :) )

10. Andy 308GTB

Andy 308GTB F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Jun 2, 2004
    Essex, UK
    Full Name:
    Andy M

Now priced at £59,999

Phil are you getting close to being tempted?
    :D

11. warrenz

warrenz Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Sweet S Ranch
    Full Name:
    Regis Bragg Stevenson
    My Boss got his euro 84 qv seats and tires slit first week after aquistion in March 1990 ,,Austin Texas,,
    Austin PD Finger Print Unit deployed,,in 8hrs,,
    APD FPU lifted many,,,many full hand prints plus many individual prints!

APD would not persue/presecute the ms13 gang leader,,
    ms13 gang leader was doing a Demo for local El Salvatorian Sophs and Jrs!!!!!
    APD said fault was Owners failure to LOCK garage door!
    APD threatened to persue arrest of complaint if complaint personally investigated crime committed!
    Compliant had MANY MANY WITNESSES step Forward..

Austin Police Department kept an eye on compliant,,Ferrari Shop Owner,,,
    not well,,well,,well known ms13 gang leader

sad

12. 308 milano

308 milano F1 Veteran

Jan 15, 2007
    Montana
    Full Name:
    Kim
    Now what?? LOL I must’ve just suffered a brain aneurysm because that didn’t make any sense to me.

rjlloyd likes this.
  13. ragtop1

ragtop1 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2006
    Ontario
    Full Name:
    Larry Warren
    no... you're fine Kim, I don't understand the post either :D

308 milano likes this.
  14. thorn

thorn F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 7, 2012
    Tallahassee, FL

308 milano likes this.
  15. warrenz

warrenz Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Sweet S Ranch
    Full Name:
    Regis Bragg Stevenson
    tex ass pol ese clock a lot of overtime investigating ms 13 vandalism and never prosecute

16. warrenz

warrenz Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Sweet S Ranch
    Full Name:
    Regis Bragg Stevenson
  17. warrenz

warrenz Karting

Aug 11, 2014
    Sweet S Ranch
    Full Name:
    Regis Bragg Stevenson