360 - Tune by 360trev | Page 5 | FerrariChat

360 Tune by 360trev

Discussion in '360/430' started by ksanjana, Apr 1, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Thank you Steve for being so helpful to assist to bring it to Canada via PFAFF. It wouldn't have happened without you!

cavlino and Jaymac like this.
  2. netsec

netsec Karting

May 5, 2022
    Henderson, NV
    Everything flashed and reinstalled. Completely transformed the car!

3. Carlo360

Carlo360 Rookie

Dec 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Ciao
    hi trev can you send me the specifics on obtaining the trev tune.
    Is this available in the USA? I’m in the socal area. Cheers.

4. collegeboy

collegeboy Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 25, 2007
    Texas and Kaua’i
    Full Name:
    Mikey
    Contact Sam like he mentions. He is even in your state also.

5. Carlo360

Carlo360 Rookie

Dec 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Ciao
    A thanks let me scroll through the thread.

6. GogglesPisano

GogglesPisano Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 13, 2022
    East Bay, California
    Full Name:
    Joe
    First trip this morning with my new tune!

I wish I had more back to back time with my car prior to and after the tune for a better comparison but I can certainly feel that everything seems more crisp and dialed in now with power delivery through the rev band. I'd really love to see dyno numbers before and after to see how the delivery has changed, but I guess it's suffice to say that really smooth.

I'll be upfront and say that I didn't get this so much for the performance aspect as I did for being able to swap headers in the future and a few other things without worrying about throwing codes or failing smog tests. I wring my car out on occasion, but my regular track days are behind me at this point so I'm not pushing it to 10/10 which is where I think the improvements would be more noticeable.

As for shifting, I have to be brutally honest here and say I noticed an improvement, but it wasn't night and day like other have described. I always felt my 2008 shifted rather well actually and never left me disappointed with the F1. Even when I drove it for the first time I was wondering what all the hate was about with the F1 as it seemed super smooth and quick for me. I think that might be more of a testament as to how much Ferrari improved their own software and hardware over the years as I've read countless times how much better 2008 models shift compared to previous ones. Really makes me want to try out a stock 2005 and see what the differences feel like.

I was warned going in that I would love this so much that I would reconsider going through with my manual swap. On the contrary though, I feel like the improvements made will only enhance the manual swap once I get it :D There's just something about a gated manual that I don't think any amount of software tuning or power will compensate for. Maybe I'm just hyping myself up with childhood dreams but it's something I need to chase.

Overall, super happy with the tune and the process and would definitely recommend it as an upgrade. Especially if you have an older car. I spent maybe an hour talking to Trev about a year ago when I started considering the manual swap process and he gave me some really amazing insights into his process and what he has managed to learn over the years. I was impressed with the amount of detail he puts into his work and I feel like that's almost the real selling point here. It's like getting a high quality watch almost. You might not see a difference as it still keeps the time, but you know the movement and all the details that go into it are far superior and something about it just feels right.

cavlino likes this.
  7. Carlo360

Carlo360 Rookie

Dec 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Ciao
    Trev, Sammy,

Just a quick review after just installing the tune and a short drive.

Can’t thank you enough.

Amazing! Car feels more alive, responsive and not necessarily counterintuitive but it’s easier to drive and shif/grab a gear both directions. Maybe as importantly for me the peace of mind that with all of the above the tune has placed (or kept) my car within known and safe limits.

Sam you have been so patient walking me through the install.

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

8. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    How do I get this tune ? Mine is a manual now; I reached out to @360trev and no reply. How much does this tune cost and how do I get it.... thanks

9. Carlo360

Carlo360 Rookie

Dec 26, 2021
    Full Name:
    Ciao
    PM sammyf.

10. oc23

oc23 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 12, 2023
    Full Name:
    Rob Yo
    I'm curious how this turns out for the converted manual, please keep us updated.

11. ssilvestro1

ssilvestro1 Rookie

Jun 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Stephen Silvestro
    HI @360trev I'm interested in the tune for my 360 Manual. Is this something you can do remotely? Could you PM me when you get a chance. Thanks in advance.

12. Steve Heck

Steve Heck Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2021
    TO Canada
    Full Name:
    Steve Heck
    Hi Steve ... where are you located ? The ECU's need to be removed and 'bench tuned' with Trev's updated software at a tuning shop using the proper equipment / cables.
    Reason I ask where you are located is you can ship the ECU's to a registered 360Trev tuner and they can do it for you ...
    Cheers
    Steve

13. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I don't have many miles on it because winter never ends here, but so far the boost in low end power is very noticeable. I haven't gotten on it yet.

Sent from my toilet using FerrariChat.com mobile app

14. ssilvestro1

ssilvestro1 Rookie

Jun 11, 2021
    Full Name:
    Stephen Silvestro
    hi Steve- i’m in the greater Boston area. Do you know of any authorized location this side of the pond?

Dmartin likes this.
  15. Steve Heck

Steve Heck Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2021
    TO Canada
    Full Name:
    Steve Heck
    Must watch ... @ 18:04 ... this is the experience that everyone is missing and dont know it
    Thanks TREV !!

Cheers
    Steve

Dmartin likes this.
  16. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Scott was the most skeptical person in the world ever as he already had a "tune".. Tut tut, not all tunes are created equally, by the end of it he was giggling with laughter, lol, I love that my work can bring tears of joy to a grown man! :) Its worth it just to watch video's like this !

duck.co.za, Mario Andretti and oc23 like this.
  17. Mario Andretti

Mario Andretti Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Aug 9, 2020
    Boston
    I have not driven my car alot since the software update, but took it for a long drive today, as weather was nice.. I can say it did pick up mid range torque; I feel the 3rd gear accelerating much violent than before. But mine is also a conversion from F1 to manual so not quite apples to apples..

I am hoping to be able to do 2 dyno runs, before and after the headers installation.. I am sorry I did not do one before the software update.

oc23, collegeboy and 360trev like this.
  18. G8TD

G8TD Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2004
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I completed Trev’s tune on my Gated ’04 360 this week. I’m extremely satisfied! The improvement in my car was evident. The midrange pull in 3rd when you’re loping around at 4,000 rpm is enough to make you giggle like a school girl! After really getting on it and running it up to redline a couple times, the brapping of the Challenge Stradale exhaust with a rapid lift of the throttle sounded great (that’s a new sound for my car). It’s an absolutely new driving experience. The idle is perfect. The drivability at low speed is perfect. The exhaust noise level is the same at normal driving speeds.

I dealt with Trev’s stateside partner, Sam. He was great! He was very responsive and helpful. Sam sent me a PC tablet, with all the necessary cables. The only additional item needed is a 12v power source (I bought the $17 Amazon battery recommended). Sam also sent me videos for ECU removal, and the programming/flashing process. We scheduled a time to do the read and forward to Trev; Then the flash on the ECUs over the phone. Sam was very patient and walked me through the entire procedure (while he remotely controlled the tablet). Sam and Trev wanted me to re-install the ECUs and drive the car to make sure I was satisfied before they would let me pay them for their work. Thank you Trev and Sam for the great service.

In my opinion, the smiles to $ ratio is excellent!
    Joe

Michael_1982, mfennell70, mb5 and 4 others like this.