Tornado Won't Stop Us This Year - Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday October 14th | FerrariChat

Tornado Won't Stop Us This Year - Gathering at Autumn View Farm - Sunday October 14th

Discussion in 'New England' started by AVFPolo, Sep 27, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Once again you are invited to attend an informal gathering of specialty vehicle enthusiasts at the home of Ed and Sandy Smith. Enjoy a leisurely, or spirited, drive to Autumn View Farm (AVF) located in Warren, Mass. The 2008, 2009 and 2010 events were well attended. Last year our string of gatherings was unfortunately interrupted by an unwelcome EF3 tornado that just had to come through our town. However, we are back stronger than ever for the 2012 gathering.

What is this event all about?
    This is an informal gathering of specialty vehicles and enthusiasts. All marques are welcome to attend. We will once again be parking display vehicles in the back yard and along the garden. We'll provide light lunch, desserts, coffee, soft drinks, water. We're counting on you to provide the enthusiasm.

Caravan
    A caravan will be forming for the drive in from central Connecticut. Let us know if you would like to join the cruise group and we'll provide the contact information.

Golf Cart Polo
    We are hoping to be able to offer the very popular 'golf cart polo' match again this year. The action will again take place on our polo field which is a very long, and safe, distance away from the display vehicles. I will look into securing the use of the carts. In previous years we were fortunate to be able to rent golf carts from the golf course that abuts our property. However, the golf course is in the final stages of being closed for business. The owners have sold the property to a solar generation company and I'm told that we will soon be able to make the claim of living next door to the largest "solar farm" in New England. All course equipment, including the carts, were sold to a friend of ours and we're hoping to make a deal for the use of them once again. Stay tuned!!!

Who is invited?
    All are invited. Specialty type vehicle ownership is NOT required. The only requirement is a passion for vehicles. If you don't have a specialty type car then just bring yourself. Spouses, children, buddies are also welcome. If you know someone who should be added to the invitation list then please send their contact information (including email address) to us.

When?
    Sunday, October 14th
    Hoping for warm and dry weather.
    In case of inclement weather we shall make a 'go-no-go' decision by noon on Friday, October 12th. And we'll advise everyone via email.

Itinerary
    11:00 am Display vehicles begin arriving
    12:00 pm Lunch is served
    1:00 pm Golf cart polo matches begin (assumes I can secure the use of the carts once again)

Where?
    Autumn View Farm
    Warren (south central), Mass

Cost?
    There shall be no cost to any attendee to display a vehicle or to spectate.

How to get there - for street address and additional information please send an email to [email protected]

Looking forward to seeing everyone once again,
    Ed and Sandy Smith

2. Market Mover

Market Mover Formula Junior

Aug 25, 2006
    Glastonbury CT
    Hi Ed- so hoping I can attend.

3. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Thankyou Ed and Sandy!! We can't wait!!

1. myself, wife, 2 boys 8&10yrs. Countach, Porsche

4. VF1Skullangel

VF1Skullangel Formula Junior

Nov 22, 2008
    San Marcos, CA
    Full Name:
    Jay
    You guys have enough horsepower to outrun anyways ;)

5. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Fantastic Ed, looking forward to this again! Send me a msg letting me know what I can bring...of course a Prancing Horse flag or two :D

6. bman6074

bman6074 Formula 3

Jul 21, 2009
    Farmington
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Heard so much about this. Can't wait.

7. Deutsch Marques

Deutsch Marques Karting

Jun 18, 2008
    Feeding Hills MA
    Full Name:
    Eric J
    I'll be there. Looks like wifey wants to sit this one out. So just me at the moment. I'll find out if my friend wants to come in his car and update when I find out.

8. myslow1

myslow1 Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2006
    Westbrook, CT
    Full Name:
    Craig
    Kay and I will be there, Ed. Looking forward to the fantastic drive up there and to seeing you and Sandy again. Let me know if there is anything we can do to help or if there is anything you want us to bring.

Craig

9. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Will do my best to make it with my wife, sounds like a fun day.

10. rkljr

rkljr Formula Junior

May 16, 2011
    South of Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    Richard
    This sounds like fun and I hope to be able to make it out that way. Thanks for hosting.

11. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    Ed, I sent you an email from my AOL address, could you please check, it might have ended up in your spam folder. Thanks.

Dave

12. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    Ed,
    Patti and I will be there with the TR, as well as Brett, his Maserati, his wife Adriana, and of course Isabella. She was excited to hear you are having it again this year. I'll plan on bringing the usual shrimp and sauce this year if that's OK, and if there's anything else we can do let us know.
    May look for someone else to drive the 308 also.

13. 74Dino

74Dino Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 30, 2009
    Hi Ed and Sandy,

Thanks for sponsoring this once again. My wife and I will be attending.

Michael.

14. Mikety

Mikety Karting

Oct 26, 2009
    CT
    Hello Ed,

I can't wait for this gathering. I had such a great time last time.

15. Davesvt2000

Davesvt2000 Formula 3

May 3, 2005
    Central Mass.
    Full Name:
    Dave G.
    Ed,

E mail received, thanks...

I'll be coming from the Leominster area.

Dave

16. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Hi All,

Please check for replies to your emails and PMs. I believe that I replied to everyone. Let me know if you haven't received a reply.

The New England weather in October is very unpredictable, however, we're crossing our fingers and we're hoping for pleasant weather on the 14th for the celebration of the Gatherers' Wooden Jubilee.

We have about twenty display vehicles confirmed to date. I have everyone above confirmed. Please let me know if you are definitely, or even possibly, attending so that we may plan for tent(s), tables, chairs ... and oh yeah, food.

Please RSVP by Monday, October 8th.

- Ed -

17. FJS961

FJS961 Formula Junior

Jan 30, 2008
    West Hartford,, CT
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I plan on being there with or without a guest

18. Saint Bastage

Saint Bastage F1 Rookie

Jun 1, 2007
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Lane
    Count me as 1 and 1/2. Wifey is threatening to make the trip but not yet sure. If she does it will be in the Caddy. She HATES my sport seats. If I'm being honest..they do suck for long drives.

19. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Come on Lane take two cars if you have'ta....heck... I'll buy you a pillow.:) I can sympathize with you. After about 45min in the Lambo I'm dancing cheek to cheek.lol.

20. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    First World Problems.

21. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    Oops sorry ... that's FB

- Ed -

22. UConn Husky

UConn Husky F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2006
    CT
    Full Name:
    Jay
    Those seats absolutely suck, nobody should have to suffer like that. I'll do you a favor, you can swap even for my comfy seats :D

And BTW, if you don't drive the Ferrari to the AVF gathering due to wife complaining about seats....we'll have Ed crank the stereo with the loudest whip cracking sound you've ever heard :p

23. AVFPolo

AVFPolo Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2007
    Full Name:
    Ed
    All,

My wife has received a verbal commitment from the supplier of the golf carts. This is a three party deal with heavy back and forth, intricate, negotiations (this would make the recent Boston / LA deal look like child's play). So it appears that we will have the use of the carts for the day in exchange for my doing a favor to be named later. The details of this favor have not been provided to me .... that's scary.

So Mike call "Nano" again and get after him to finish your made-to-order mallet before the Gathering on the 14th.

Still hoping for pleasant weather.

- Ed -

24. johnny308

johnny308 Karting

Dec 3, 2011
    Greenfield, MA. USA
    Hello,

This is a wonderful opportunity and Brenda and I hope we can attend.

25. fastradio

fastradio F1 Rookie
    BANNED Professional Ferrari Technician

Apr 26, 2006
    New England
    Full Name:
    David Feinberg
    We're going to try to make it again, as well. Always a fun event to catch up (in person) with friends. Thanks Ed!