Thought some may care to view.... | FerrariChat

Thought some may care to view....

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by norbert, Mar 24, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
  2. doug_porsche

doug_porsche Karting

Dec 6, 2009
    Trying 2 find myself
    Full Name:
    Doug
    Thanks.

The story is great, the section on Connie "Rosie the Riveter" was magical.

3. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Many "magical" people out there. They walk out there among us...We just have to be able and care to be in contact with them......Thank you for your wonderful comment....

4. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Thanks for this link, almost feels magical...

5. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    #5 norbert, Mar 25, 2017
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2017
    I have a very good friend who has lived in CA all his life. Attended high school on Catalina Island when his father was police chief there. The family lived on the first floor of the Wrigley Mansion there at the time. Have been there with him walking and listening to him talk about the island. He has a brother who against all odds, mostly financial, has now won I think four 1st places in Gold Class in his event at the annual Reno Air Races. Those races are a millionaire's sport for the most part, yet he and his wife have done the impossible on a shoe string budget out of dedication and determination. Yes it took a lot of money to put this B-29 in the air again. There was someone there who cared to see that it was done.

Ask me some time when I took a train out of London to view the Duxford air museum and I had to ask where it was as there was nothing there but a field in front of me for miles that I could see and nothing at all in the opposite direction either...

(When I was going to South America on a regular basis doing crazy business down there, I was at a military base looking at an Albatross Seaplane that had lost an engine and had to make an emergency landing there. There was a big deal about a drug loaded plane that had been confiscated in the news in that country. Well the damn thing was sitting in the same hanger as the seaplane. I wanted to take a picture of it in the worst way but there were armed guards standing there with me all the time. I got wind (I think it was BS still now) concerning a couple of B-17s that were still down there in the country. I had the contacts here financially to make it happen, I told Carol if those planes exist and we can get them flying, you know I will have to be on the first plane flying back to the States if goes down or not during the trip. (There was a squadron of P-51s and a police force all with Harley's that came back too when no one cared.) My wife appreciates and has put up with me so much. Like the drive from London to Mongolia in 2011. She had resolved to herself that I may not make it back and told friends the same. 50 years in June this year. Such a wonderful person to have the fortune to have ever met. Ask me some time how we met. Talk about less than a minute making the difference. Feel I should mention here the song that I would liked to be performed if possible at our anniversary celebration this year. It sort of sums it all up in my opinion... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AV-MHB03F24 ) [Feel in defense of the style and tempo of the way this song was originally written and intended to be performed, I will also post the same.... [ https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g-Xws-lbjs ]

In any field of interest, those few who step forward to make the difference for such things being done have to be appreciated so much. I had and have the same feeling of those who posted comments. These are wonderful moments to be shared and will be appreciated by those who everyone shares them with.

6. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel

Or the "Wave" that I had the privilege to speak with some years ago now. She told me that her divorced mother told her and her brother that she could no longer support them and that they had to go out in the World on their own. That is how she (proudly) enlisted in the military during WWII. So many of these stories that I have had the privilege to have experienced listening to first hand from them...Sort of a personal thing...Such a better understanding now today concerning life and events....

7. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    #7 norbert, Apr 3, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 3, 2017
    Some of these historic rescues do not end well. When I first viewed this video several years ago, I just was not feeling that great the rest of the day. How it must have been that day for those who struggled with this work for so many months. The principle with this spent everything he had to try to make it happen too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpR2S_gu5I8