The Great FChat Cigar Pass Game! Sign up inside! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

The Great FChat Cigar Pass Game! Sign up inside!

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by DrStranglove, Mar 16, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    #26 Ike, Apr 4, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS

Glad you liked it!

3. 308nut

308nut Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 22, 2002
    NOLA/Covington
    Full Name:
    Wade
    Hey I'd like in on this. Who'd like to trade

Wade

4. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Not that it's for me to say, but it looks like you two could share with each other....

5. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    #30 Jdubbya, Apr 6, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    By the way, I'm firing up the no-lable one as I type this!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

7. Bdel

Bdel Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Hollis, NH
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    glad they arrived safely :)

8. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    I lit up the Macanudo tonight. Last of the three you sent me. It was pretty tasty. To be honest I liked the Monte Cristo the best out of the three.

The no-label one started out very spicy but mellowed out pretty quick and ended up pretty tasty. It had almost a grassy taste and aroma to it, not in a bad way though.

The Monte Cristo was just a nice smooth smoke the whole way through. Pretty mellow and almost a chocolate start to it. Enjoyed it very much.

The Macanudo was good too but it seemed maybe a bit robust for my pallet. It also for some reason seemed to draw very hard. It did mellow out about a third in and got pretty nice. I tried to soften it up a bit by rolling it a little, but the hard draw didn't seem to get much better. Still a good smoke and the stainless band is beyond cool! I was thinking about ordering some more just to get some more of the bands. Not sure what I'd do with them but I just thought it was cool.

Thanks again for the smokes Bdel. I'd be interested in hearing what you thought about the ones I sent you too. Since I'm still learning more info is always good!!

John

9. Bdel

Bdel Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Hollis, NH
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    They are sitting in my humidor. Still too cold (or always raining) here for a nice outside smoke. Actually it snowed a little on Saturday. Hopefully this weekend will be OK and I will get a chance to sample one.

Bdel

10. Bdel

Bdel Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Hollis, NH
    Full Name:
    Bruce
    The weather finally warmed up enough for me to have a relaxing outside smoke.I tried out the partagas 1845 that Jdubbya ent me. It was a fine smoke, lots of flavor, not too heavy. Nice medium gray ash and nice burn down to the nub. I usually smoke maduros, but this was a fine option.

Bdel

11. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Glad you enjoyed it. Glad it also warmed up enough for you to enjoy it outside. I did the same the other day. Days like that have been few and far between out here so far this year!

12. PlaysWithItalians

PlaysWithItalians Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2007
    PacNW
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Late to the party, however so has been the arrival of springtime in the PacNW. Think we grew one crop of moss on top of another!

Sunshine is out today, ~70 degrees, and I'm calling it quits early so I can go out and stare at my grass while I light up something from the humidor. Cigar season has started, both at home and the racetrack. Where did I put those sunglasses?

Any takers for another exchange?

13. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    70?? It only made it up to a little over 60 up north here. Was still a nice day though!!
    If nobody else steps up I'm game for another trade. I need to start slowing down though before long. Been smoking too much lately I think.

14. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Getting set to go to lunch at The Oriental tomorrow, home of the famous Bamboo Bar and Smoke Shop.

Anyone want a little treat picked up and hand carried back...?

15. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I would. Pick me out some robustos and tell me where to send the $

16. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    1st one is free.

You got a price range? You understand this it THE Oriental in Bangkok Thailand...? ;)

17. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Is anyone Else spoiled like me...
    I can't smoke anything but Cuban...

Preferably the Pinar del Rio region of Cuba..

Dominicans are just plain HARSH..
    No woodsy, leathery...aftertaste...

18. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Hmmmm, I've always found Dominicans to be too mild, for me at least.... :)

As far as the rest, yeah, Cubans are in a class all their own. :)

19. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Stay away from the behike ;)

I don't know their prices, get me a few good sticks. Can that be done under $500? I know the hotels in the US have $20 cigars priced at $60. I would guess they are something like that on markup. But I think that is a lcdh store?

20. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    There are only a few Dominicans that I like. Most are harsh/bitter, I find some to taste as an ashtray smells. If that makes sense.

I like nicaraguans, hondurans, and cubans mostly.

21. PlaysWithItalians

PlaysWithItalians Formula Junior

Sep 30, 2007
    PacNW
    Full Name:
    Mark
    John,
    Thanks for the smokes! The Gurkha went up in smoke at the track on Saturday, as a celebration of a good day instructing for Cascade Sports Car Club. Good students, great weather, and fine day at the track!

I was saving the Padron 1964 for Sunday at the track, however the day was less of a celebration than this cigar would deserve. Alfa Romeo track day event, with lots of rain. Thought I saw a salmon swimming counter-course at Turn 7 during one of the downpours! Plus two cars hit the walls, so we had a bit of cleaning up to do between sessions. I did get to instruct in a fellow FChatter's F430, and helped him smooth out his line and transitions in the wet, so it was still a good day.

The plan is to enjoy the Padron later this week after I get another home under contract.

Enjoy the package that should arrive in your mailbox!
    --Mark

22. DrStranglove

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Ike, pm me your address again! Got a little something for you!

23. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Glad they arrived safely and you were able to at least enjoy one this weekend. It was nice here Saturday too until about 6:00pm then it downpoured for the next 24 hours!? Oh the joys of spring in the Northwest!!

What did you think of the Gurkha? They seem to be OK but I haven't really found one I loved yet. I bought a sampler pack and the one I sent you was probably my favorite that I've tried so far.

Looking forward to trying out what you send.

I picked up and tried an Arturo Fuente Flor Fina 8-5-8 on Saturday. Holy cow that was a great smoke! Picked up a couple Opus X too. I've heard so much about them I figured I had to try one or two. Saving them for a special day though and hopefully some nice weather!!

24. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    PM sent.

25. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Mark sent me a package with four sticks in it. I have tried two of them and they have both been very good cigars. I have never heard of either so was very happy to try something new. The first was a GAR torpedo. Pretty earthy but very tasty cigar. I liked it a lot.

The second was a Don Benigno and it was less earthy and probably a little bit spicier, but a great smooth smoke.

Thanks again Mark and I'll let you know what I think of the other one too!