Spotter's thread | Page 31 | FerrariChat

Spotter's thread

Discussion in 'Louisiana' started by Tifosi1, May 21, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA

Nah, I'd vote the Z06 the best bang for the buck. I have to factor looks into it, and the GTR looks like every other slammed ricer car with ground effects to me.

2. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    The Z06 is a heck of deal and with the ZR1 hitting the streets the Vette duo are tough to beat. Since the GT-R theoretically has a backseat and I have 2 kids, it better fits my needs for "best"! :)

3. DMaury

DMaury Formula 3

Mar 27, 2007
    Ponchatoula, LA
    I have FIVE kids, have a 328 and just traded my 'vette in for a 360 spider. :p I also have a silverado for the times I need to pitch in and help transport kids. Don't let those kids hold you back! ;) :)

4. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
  5. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Yeah but if you think along those lines, a Z06 looks like any other geezer or middle aged woman in a Vette :D

6. s2krazy

s2krazy Karting

Oct 15, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Full Name:
    Mike Cooper
    I agree. Corvettes are a dime a dozen... Don't you have to be an AARP member to qualify for purchase? haha

7. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

Yeah, it looked like some kind of suped up Honda to me or something. Guess I have just never taken enough of an interest in Japanese cars to know what it was.

8. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Flat Black 355 headed east on Hwy 190 by Lonesome rd in Mandeville.

9. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    Thats one of the "team riecke" cars IIRC. it was mentioned it was a really nice looking car before the flat black paint job.

I was behind his modded CL on i-12, Its the one that was taken on the bullrun. Its a nice car.

10. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Doesn't look so nice with that flat black paint job

11. s2krazy

s2krazy Karting

Oct 15, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Full Name:
    Mike Cooper
    Red Testarossa on Lonesome road turning on to Hwy 59 in Mandeville today... Very loud as it accelerated away from the light. Kudos!

12. notbland

notbland Karting

Sep 1, 2006
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Webb Bland
    Burgundy Quattroporte on Poydras this morning. I've seen two local silvers, but not burgundy; it looks real sharp.

13. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I was going to pick one of the kids up from school.

14. s2krazy

s2krazy Karting

Oct 15, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Full Name:
    Mike Cooper
    Thought it might have been you. I was behind you in the turning lane in the S2000.

I wish my dad would have picked me up from school in a Ferrari.

15. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water
    I hear it's pretty cool to get picked up from school in an F-40. I would not know- my dad didn't have an F-40.

Oh yeah- they didn't exist back then.

16. s2krazy

s2krazy Karting

Oct 15, 2007
    Mandeville, LA
    Full Name:
    Mike Cooper
    The disappointing thing is that most kids couldn't ID an F-40 if their life depended on it. When they hear Ferrari the only thing they know is Enzo. I can remember being 10 years old and drooling over pictures of a 365 GTB/4 in a magazine. I always wanted a Ferrari... Magnum P.I. drove a Ferrari.. and lets face it, Tom Selleck was cool.

Little bit of trivia: The license plate on the Ferrari featured in the pilot episode of Magnum P.I. read "56E-478"... that Ferrari was featured in the opening credits. In every other episode the plate read "Robin 1"

17. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I bet is is pretty cool to get picked up from school in a F40.

One of the kids that was waiting outside w/her also 4th grade correctly identified the car as a Ferrari Testarossa. He actually called it a TR which I will give him since he didn't say 512 TR . It looks like since she will be getting picked up in the Testarossa quite a bit after this afternoon. My 03 Accord got into a fight for space with a Merc. Villager that turned accross it's line of travel so it won't be on school duty for awhile if ever again.

Since I was able to pull the Accord off under it's own power ,despite 2 blown airbags and heavy front end damage, and the Villager needed a tow truck to remove it from the roadway I'd say the Accord won.

18. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    I read that in one episode Robin's nephew was at the estate in a green Ferrari. Any idea what it was? I don't think I ever saw that episode.

19. Ike

Ike F1 Rookie

Nov 4, 2003
    That sucks about your car. I'm sure your kid won't mind riding in the F car.

I was at EJ today in the parking garage and watched a lady plant her camry between two parked cars. In certain parking spots there are little marked spaces between them so that people have room to get out with wheel chairs or walkers. This lady thought her car could fit in there.

20. PWehmer

PWehmer Formula 3

Oct 15, 2002
    Surrounded by Water

Oh no- not the pristine 15K mile Accord that you just finished the major service on??
    Surprised the Ford didn't burst into flames & implode.

21. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    I too saw an accident today. Tomorrow is my bday and as an early gift I got the pleasure of going to the DMV today to renew my license. I first went to the DMV next to the crescent city connection only to find out that their computers were down. I quickly jumped back on the expressway to go to the main dmv. When I was approaching the Barrataria Blvd exit a long line of probably 50 cars were almost dead stopped on the offramp trying to exit. 3 cars in front of me a Ford Explorer going 70 clipped the back/side of one of the cars waiting to exit. I dodged all sorts of debris and the Explorer as it went all over the place. Luckily the Explorer didn't flip and the blow was somewhat glancing. Didn't hit me how much more serious it could have been until I had time to think about it while waiting at the DMV...a lot of time... :)

22. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Paul

How is the car treating you? Haven't seen you in quite some time!

23. Ferraribot

Ferraribot F1 Veteran

My friend's little brother used to call them Ferrari "Tester-rosters"

24. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    My sister is embarrassed by it. Go figure. :D

25. sparta49

sparta49 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Mar 3, 2001
    LA
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Enzo calls it the toastara. He likes to ride in the Fawawi Toastara.