Should there be a reg about deliberately holding up another driver? | FerrariChat

Should there be a reg about deliberately holding up another driver?

Discussion in 'F1' started by itschris, Oct 9, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    So this year it seems that Bottas has been quite adept and somewhat proud that he's gotten in the way and held up people for Lewis. I know this is nothing new, but one, I'm surprised any driver would really want to play that role, but two, isn't that purposely impeding? Isn't there a rule about that?

2. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    1) He is payed to do so...and not few
    2) As long as he is not to be laped he can drive as slow as he wants...it is the other guys problem how to get by

ricksb likes this.
  3. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    He has been slow and impeding in some races because they have left him out on old tires after the Ferrari's or RB's have pitted. Ferrari has done the same with Kimi.

4. bobzdar

bobzdar F1 Veteran

Sep 22, 2008
    Richmond
    Full Name:
    Pete
    What? It's the guy behind's job to pass him if he's faster, Bottas is absolutely in his right to make it as difficult to pass as possible if it's for position.

ricksb likes this.
  5. itschris

itschris Formula 3

Sep 15, 2011
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Point taken. I think with Bottas it's been far less about him keeping the position and more about allowing Lewis to stretch the gap. Either way... I guess that's just racing.

6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    No. Too many reg already.

7. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

It's not racing but it's an accepted tactic in modern F1.

8. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    I'm more surprised that elton got away with a blatant block on massa in qualifying that prevented massa getting a clean run to his lap, yet no penalty, whereas other drivers have had them for far less

NEP likes this.