Senate approves Income tax hike | FerrariChat

Senate approves Income tax hike

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by amenasce, Jul 4, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Madigan told WICS-TV of Springfield after the vote.

"My expectation is that the bills that the Senate just passed will become law and we will have taken a huge step toward correcting the financial imbalances of the state of Illinois."

How long before this state's middle class is destroyed?

I think we are out of Illinois by 2019.

2. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

I had a boss who lived in Chicago back in 1997. I would be out in the area on business quite often and loved the city. They may raise taxes, but compared to NYC it cost like 40% less for the same housing, parking and to join a club, so it probably is not really that bad.

3. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Texas. Nevada. Florida.

No state income tax. No snow either. :)

4. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Yep, I'm heading to FL when my wife retires in a few months. But no great roads where we have a place in Vero Beach. :-( I'll more than likely be Ferrariless.

5. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    TX or Florida...We have given ourselves a year or so to get out of here.

6. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I guess you like humidity! :)

7. amenasce

Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    I dont but i prefer humidity to freezing and depressing weather for 5 months of the year and then ever increasing taxes/violence and to be honest, nothing really amazing around.

We are also looking in North Carolina, Arizona...I like CT but same as IL, weather and high taxes.

8. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    We left ILL-annoy 4 years ago and have never looked back!
    Austin is great... rarely humid.
    Too bad my mom and in laws still live in ILL-annoy....
    if those a holes think raising taxes is going to help restore any sort of normalcy.... or more importantly if the voters think that is even remotely true... well, they will get what they deserve.
    $15,000,000,000 in unpaid bills (yes, HALF A YEAR'S WORTH of "revenue"), worst pension mess in the country, upper income people leaving in droves.... its really a death spiral.

9. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    A quarter TRILLION in unfunded public pensions...holy cow. Powerball/MegaMillions may drop the games from the state if the state can't pay up to lottery winners. That place is out of control. I looked up how many other states have large unfunded public pensions and it was alarming. Never delay today's income for a future annuity like a pension imo...way too risky.

10. spikes360

spikes360 Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2013
    Niles, IL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I've lived in the Chicagoland area all my life, I've never seen or heard of a more corrupt city and state! Constantly raising taxes for more cops, pensions, schools that just suck! Giving away more and more entitlements to people who constantly complain that they are not getting their fair share. I wish I could leave but I have a wife that has to stay near kids, grandkids, & family!

11. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I have a story of Chicago when I was a teen. We went back to Chicago to visit family in the late 60's. We were going to a Cub game when a cop pulled over my Uncle's Cadillac.

My Uncle gets out of the car and walks over to the cop. A minute later and he gets back in the car and grumbles:

"Its a sad day when a fin isn't enough to stop a cop writing a ticket!"

12. Jo Sta7

Jo Sta7 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 13, 2015
    Scottsdale/Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Jon
    Austin is a great place.

13. Renman57

Renman57 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 26, 2014
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Reynolds
    North Carolina is a great place too! Lived here all my life, been to many other places too. Current Legilature is all about reducing taxes and attracting investment.

14. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    I would go to Florida or Arizona if I were you. Charlotte N.C gets more snow than they like to admit and they have a hard time cleaning it up, unlike Chicago and New York who don't even slow down. Everyplace has a downside, and I love the downtowns in Chicago and New York, something you don't get in Arizona and most of Florida other than Miami.

Chicago machine politics needs to go. Tired of the crooked democrats from Cook County running the state into the red. They try and make the governor out to be the bad guy, and we know he isn't.

15. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Just back from NC were Carol is now living there permanently while
    i sell the albatross up here. With all the discounts for old age and being brainless plus an appeal here and there our real estate taxes are just now under $12K. With more spent, much more than our roofed structure here, our taxes are like near $12K here and, sit down please, less than $2,600 in NC. (Please pass the Valvoline here!!!)