Selden Motors experience? | FerrariChat

Selden Motors experience?

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by RedlineG60, Sep 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedlineG60

RedlineG60 Formula 3

Dec 25, 2003
    Simpsonville, SC
    Full Name:
    Andy Thomason
    Greetings from the south!

Has anybody had any dealings with Selden Motors in Conshohocken outside of Philadelphia? I'm interested in an Audi that they currently have in their inventory. However, I have read a lot of mixed reviews from people that have bought from them in the past.

I realize you can't please everyone but I wanted to reach out and see if I should look into pursuing this car or not. Carfax looks good but just trying to do due diligence!

Thanks!

2. BigRig3

BigRig3 Rookie

Oct 13, 2014
    King of Prussia, PA
    I went to look at a car there a couple months ago (I live/work ~30 mins away). I went on a Sunday because I was only casually interested. The photos made the car look like it was in excellent shape, but in person it was not. I don't think they were being deceitful, but the car had clearly been stored outside for years and all of the rubber & trim was dry rotted, the paint was in rough shape, the antenna was hanging off, tires were worn, etc. It also had some customization (most of it chrome) that wasn't to my liking, but also wasn't easily seen in the pictures. The asking price was for a 9/10 car and this was a 5/10 at best.

This is a purely anecdotal example related to one specific vehicle, so take it with a grain of salt. Feel free to PM me.

3. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    That's kind of par for the course for them from what I have seen and been told from friends who have checked cars out there. I think they just may not be very discriminate about their inventory.

4. TonyK

TonyK Karting

Mar 7, 2011
    Which Audi are you looking at there?

5. TJsBeer

TJsBeer Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 10, 2016
    Valley Forge, PA
    Full Name:
    Jeff Miller
    They do not have a good reputation.