Route Suggestions, Fun Roads - Balt to Poconos | FerrariChat

Route Suggestions, Fun Roads - Balt to Poconos

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by curtisc63, Aug 10, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Greetings all,

I am planning a long weekend trip from Baltimore up to the Poconos and am looking for some route/road suggestions. We are taking the 360 so don't want to hang out no the highways. Any nice two lane deserted roads I should not miss? Any routes I should definitely avoid? Any suggestions would be welcome.

Right now I am looking at heading toward Lancaster then heading north on 501 and maybe east on 895 to 209. Or something like that on parallel smaller roads. Not in a real hurry but don't want to take all day...

Thanks for any guidance!

2. mustbenuts

mustbenuts Karting

May 14, 2017
    Lancaster, PA USA
    Full Name:
    GR
    Wish I had more time to share some suggestions... fun trip to Lancaster - struggle through 95 to MD 152 N and then get US Rt 1 East (congested depending on your time but it gets better) to MD 543 N, take MD 165 N which becomes PA 74 to PA 372 (this'll cross the Susquehanna) then PA 272 N to Lancaster.

3. vjlax18

vjlax18 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 12, 2014
    Nottingham, MD
    Full Name:
    John
    The 74 to 372 route is an excellent drive!

4. turbos7903

turbos7903 F1 Rookie

Mar 16, 2006
    delaware
    Full Name:
    jon walton
    Hi Curtis. Once you get north of the Whip in Unionville PA you can make a three hour trip to the Western Poconos. Whitehaven , Jack Frost area. Take roads through Weatherly Hill climb. Western Allentown. Macungie PA . Jim Thorpe. that area. We went and had a navigator who followed along on his phone and just made spontaneous suggestions along the way. The Journey is half the fun :)
    Jon who used to own a house in the Poconos and drove that way regularly :)