Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread. | Page 46 | FerrariChat

Rock 'n Stroll . . . The Stroller Thread.

Discussion in 'F1' started by tifoso2728, Mar 1, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    Don't know what it's got to do with the Stroller thread, but this was clearly fraud by Glock. Wonder what he got on his bank acount for that.

2. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

Glock had nothing to do with Massa not winning the title in 2008.
    If you go back enough, you will see that Massa himself threw away a good chance to win the Singapore GP that year, because of a pit error.

3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    There were several chances that year that culminated into Massa not winning the title in 2008. To pin it on Glock and the Singapore pit error are just two chances or factors.

4. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

Exactly.

If Massa hadn't damaged his chances himself, I could understand the recrimination, but he messed up himself!!

As for Glock, I doubt very much that he was part of any conspiracy to favour Hamilton.

5. Dino2010

Dino2010 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 20, 2006
    Belgium
    The best conspiracies are those when you don't doubt at all...... :D
    Why could Vettel and Hamilton pass Glock so fast and so easily? I'd like to see the telemetry of Glock's car on those last two laps.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    He did beat Massa.

subirg likes this.
  7. subirg

subirg F1 Rookie

Dec 19, 2003
    Cheshire
    Never let a good conspiracy theory get in the way of the facts.

Caracciola likes this.
  8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    True dat.

9. greg 19425

greg 19425 Formula 3

Jan 6, 2011
    Wake Forest, NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Won't be driving for Ferrari anytime soon. Just a clown on the track.

10. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Stroll is 1 point behind Massa...good luck to him..Seb should be more careful,he is the one passing that was really dumb ,safety car,slow down lap,first corner ..what next ..of course he is not at fault lol

wjw300tt and tifosi12 like this.
  11. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Agreed to every point.

Another stupid move by Seb. If this requires a new gearbox and gives him a grid penalty he can look himself in the mirror and start blaming that person.

Ferrari 308 GTB likes this.
  12. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    I guess on the Playstation they don't have "cool down" laps??? :)

jgonzalesm6 and tifosi12 like this.
  13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  14. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    :p.....rotfl

15. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

For the simple reason that Glock had been kept out by his team gambling that he could finish the race on slicks in the pouring rain.
    Glock initially gained a few places, but then he was overtaken in the last 2 laps by several drivers who had switched to rain tyres.The telemetry would confirm that he had to slow down, just to keep his car on the track.

Of course, nothing can stop people pulling conspiracies out of thin air, for them to imagine Ron Dennis masterminding an elaborate plot endorsed by Eddie Jordan and executed by Timo Glock on the track to ruin Massa's championship chances.

Nuvolari and LVP488 like this.
  16. tifoso2728

tifoso2728 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Apr 30, 2014
    IL
    Full Name:
    DRM
    Somebody here needs to send a script to Oliver Stone. He's the only one who would buy it.

375+, Caracciola and tifosi12 like this.
  17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Stewards easy on Vettel??

19. Nembo1777

Nembo1777 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2006
    opposite lock
    Full Name:
    Marc Sonnery
    This new video very clearly shows Seb assumed Stroll would turn left towards the apex, the classical mistake, expect but don't assume, I did that mistake once, not when I raced but on a damp Parisian road 30+ years ago, assumed a chap in front of me in the middle lane of three would straighten out an S section since there was no one around as it was on a quiet sunday morning and therefore I carried too much speed for anything other than going straight on so when he turned I had to suddenly turn too and lost the rear ending up hard against a kerb and my Alfasud looked sorry after that! Hard lesson learned: never assume.
    Seb deserves to be excused after his fantastic climb back and was full of adrenaline so this small error in judgment as he was full of adrenalin can be excused, unlike his excessive Singapore swerve to the left, Kimi rocket start or not.

20. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Geez the press and F1 are against Seb. They do not want him to win.

21. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Ok...and what is about the inboard of the following car where one sees that Stroll is not taking the turn but basically drives straight on?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7-IYsIy4mzs

As with the start crash in the previous race I would not make any assumption from the inboard cameras of those involved as they clearly show a different picture than from the outside. I think the camera of the following car shows better what direction the cars are driving in the moment of the crash than the wide angle inboards

LVP488 likes this.
  22. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Seb is acting like he doesn't want to win.

crinoid likes this.
  23. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    To say that because stroll is exonerated based off this footage is ridiculous. It's still proves he's more guilty then Seb. The commentators logic is skewed. They're saying that because stroll didn't turn to the right and kept his wheel at the same angle that he is less to blame. He still has the same amount of accountability because keeping the wheel at the same angle didn't follow the arch of the curve. He should have increased the amount of left steer on his wheel. He did not and his car did not follow the line of the turn and his position on the track did shift go to the right even though he did not turn his wheel to more the right. Vettel's steering wheel does not move to the left however the bias media didn't say anything about that. This being said Seb needs to watch out for himself because others are not watching their morrors waiting to get out of his way.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Indeed.

I guess they don't want to interfere with the WDC battle which is understandable.

25. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Seb is acting like 95% of his nerves are completely shot and he isn't thinking quite clearly and 5% butt hurt that he isn't winning.

kraftwerk and tifosi12 like this.