Rhode Island state inspection | FerrariChat

Rhode Island state inspection

Discussion in 'New England' started by vjd3, Jun 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    Any Rhode Islanders know somewhere good to take the car for its biannual emissions inspection? I did it at Maserati in Warwick last time -- they share the space with the Porsche dealer and I know those guys pretty well -- but Inskip/Penske sold that off and it's just Bentley now.

2. vinny

vinny Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    R.I.
    Full Name:
    Vincent Pitocco
    You can still go to Inskip. Doesn't have to be Ferrari/Maserati dealer as its a state inspection

3. vjd3

vjd3 F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2005
    Massachusetts
    Full Name:
    Vic
    I did know that, but not sure how familiar those guys would be with the Ferraris if all the Maserati techs are gone, they used to take care of a couple Ferraris in service but not sure if they do it anymore. Trying to avoid the "how do you start this thing and put it in gear?" scenario. Just hit the start button before the check lights are all lit and its apt to throw a bunch of weird errors.

I don't know how the new Maserati dealer in Providence is but one of the owners does have a red California.

4. vinny

vinny Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    R.I.
    Full Name:
    Vincent Pitocco
    Ok, I understand now. Sorry I'm still old school with the 348, wasn't thinking along them lines..

5. TM328

TM328 Karting

Jul 26, 2004
    New England
    Inskip takes in ferrari trades all of the time.
    The test is not brand specific and all new luxury cars are pretty similar in their operation.
    I'm sure they would be ok. I would be more concerned taking it somewhere they would be careful with it and not leaving it outside for long. Those instructions should be explained clearly anywhere you go.