Red Line in CT | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Red Line in CT

Discussion in 'New England' started by mondial86, Jan 1, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ashman

Ashman Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    Hi Peter

LOL, all I did was ask that the poster provide a little information about himself and his relationship with Red Line so that we could evaluate the credibility of his six posts about how wonderful the place is. When someone just joins the board, has an empty profile and posts almost exclusively about a shop it naturally raises those questions, wouldn't you agree?

Yes, I celebrated my 10th anniversary of bringing the 400i home from California last fall. Right now it is getting serviced with a water pump rebuild and of course hoses and belts along with some other things that need attention.

Take care and best regards,

John

2. vintagemotorcars

BANNED

Apr 22, 2008
    Mesa Az.
    Full Name:
    KP
    I'm pretty sure Donal H posted he was having work done on his car at Redline. Maybe this was the first time he had something he felt was relevent to post. I wouldn't blame him if it was the last time he posted.

3. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    #28 Ashman, Feb 2, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 2, 2009
    Why would you say that? Are you suggesting that someone asking politely and respectfully if he has some connection with the shop is somehow offensive to him and would scare him off of FChat? Please go back and read the thread carefully and let us know.

By the way, this particular thread seemed to cause a number of brand new members or new posters to suddenly chime in. You yourself said some nice things about restorations that you have seen from Red Line Restorations but, since it seems there are two different shops in Connecticut named "Red Line", it would be helpful to know if you were talking about the one in Stamford or the one in Bridgeport.

This whole thing seems a bit mysterious and I wonder why Don H refused to answer the question about his relationship with the shop but did take the time to post 6 times that they are a good shop.

4. vintagemotorcars

BANNED

Apr 22, 2008
    Mesa Az.
    Full Name:
    KP
    Al I was pointing out was you asking him several times what his relationship was when he had already said he had a car being worked on. I'm wondering what your agenda is. I think you made your point the first couple posts you made.

5. Ashman

Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2002
    MA
    Full Name:
    John
    No agenda, just wanted a little more information and I find it strange that he refused to answer the question. Don't you find it strange that he devoted his first six posts on FChat to praising the shop but wouldn't answer a question about whether or not he has a financial interest in Red Line?

Look, the internet allows anonymous people to say anything ("On the internet, no one knows you're a dog". is a famous cartoon) they want. The OP was looking for some meaningful information about the shop but Don H. and others with no profile information who just signed up and made their one and only post all chimed in out of the blue. Who are those people? Nobody knows and they are unwilling to shed any light on that.

This lack of transparency from those posters probably hurts that shop more than helps them, if that was their goal. It's no big deal to me, I already have a good Ferrari shop here in CT, but he didn't do Red Line any favors by hiding his relationship. You are right, readers can make their own conclusion about Don H.'s recommendation and the point has been made.

6. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Whatever Ashman's agenda is, I'm all in. This thread is ultra shady...that is the bottom line. Come on--all the glowing reviews and all from people who have never posted before...oh and, when questioned they suddenly disappear. I don't think you have to be sherlock holmes to figure this one out. Of course, this whole thing could be clarified by the posters but mysteriously, we have heard nothing but dead air on that front.

7. vintagemotorcars

BANNED

Apr 22, 2008
    Mesa Az.
    Full Name:
    KP
    #32 vintagemotorcars, Feb 3, 2009
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2009
    Joe you missed my point also. Ashman asked Donald what his relationship was to Redline and I pointed out he had said he had a car being worked on there.

8. JoeZaff

JoeZaff F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 5, 2007
    Philly suburbs
    Full Name:
    Joe
    I got your point, but it appears that you took Donald's claim at face value. I don't buy it, and his subsequent silence appears to support our assumption that he is more than just a "customer." Some of the responses reek of infomercial IMHO.

9. 50693

50693 Karting

Sep 12, 2006
    columbus, ohio
    I had not heard of Redline untill today when I read on the Greenwich Concours website that they are one of the sponsors for the show. They will be having a tent at the show and displaying cars. Their resume is impressive on paper so it will be intersting to see. I am currently in CT so I am planning on swinging by their shop next week- to see for myself they appear to have a 250 GTO an 250TR on display, but no serial numbers listed. I'll report back with what I find out.

10. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    This IS a tough room:)

11. roccos

roccos Rookie

Nov 27, 2009
    Wethersfield CT.
    Full Name:
    Rocco Santilli
    Wow Peter, Frank and I were in Greenwich today spent about an hour in their amazing booth. We were very impressed with their work and had a great time with them. Franks family has cars being restored and customized (godzilla 500)and they are veeeeeery happy with Red Line. We also mentioned that we would like to have a cruise to their place (f-chatters). They would love to have us. After reading some of this stuff I am worried.

12. dipstick1

dipstick1 Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter Lombardo
    #37 dipstick1, Jun 6, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I agree with Rocco, I had been to the shop, The gracious owner Colton invited the Alfa club a couple months back for a visit. They treated us to a great grand tour of the facility and a nice catered lunch, super high end restoration of rare and unique ferrari's, Maserati's and other vintage exotics. I hope we can arrange a FChat visit, ( I have no connection with redline nor am I a employee or have no gain to my comments)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

13. gurslo

gurslo Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Peter, thanks for the pics, puts a reality to the thread.

Has anyone figured out the deal with the two Redline shops, are they affiliated with each other, two locations?

14. cove26

cove26 Formula 3

Nov 13, 2007
    CT
    Full Name:
    Mike
    RedLine is an amazing facility and restoration shop. Take a look at their website, www.redlinerestorations.net. But even better, stop by the shop. Colton, the owner, is very accomodating and will give you the grand tour of the whole facility and history on all of the cars in for restoration. They go through great lengths to research the history on the vehicles they restore and then complete the restoration to a standard as if they just rolled out of their respective factories. Sorry to bump a thread from 2010 but just saw it and had some first hand knowledge.

Mike

15. Jrkcat

Jrkcat Rookie

May 26, 2017
    No real question here. Call Ferrari S.p.a. In Italy and ask them?Know what they will tell you?
    "Redline Reatorations". Why? Because they work almost exclusively with Redline in CT. They have a long standing mutual relationship with each other. If your restoring a Ferrari there really isn't another place to go.

16. Sailor Jay

Sailor Jay Rookie

Jan 30, 2019
    I agree with Ashman after seeing all the rave reviews. I just did some searching online and found some very interesting information. There is a lot of background information and history on this discussion. Google Colton and Bruce Amster.

17. 19633500GT

19633500GT F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Blueberry
    Full Name:
    Muffin-Tops
    Wow. $5.6MM aint chump change.

18. BJK

BJK F1 Rookie

Jul 18, 2014
    CT
    Redline Restorations moved (2 yrs ago?) from 2316 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT (former Studebaker dealership with beautiful 'vintage' showroom, now "The Classic Car Gallery")
    to 2475 Fairfield Ave, Bridgeport, CT (only about 1/4 mile down the road). It's a much larger space (former Ford car dealership?) They did a great job renovating the front showroom to give it similar look/feel of previous location.
    https://www.redlinerestorations.net/
    scroll thru large photo gallery
    https://www.facebook.com/pg/redlinerestorations/photos/?ref=page_internal