Reaction to new fchat | Page 8 | FerrariChat

Reaction to new fchat

Discussion in 'Australia' started by IanB, Sep 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Who? What? Hey?

2. refarri

refarri Karting

Aug 22, 2008
    This member ' Maranello550' bought a large 355 toolkit that I'd advertised on FC , paid via PayPal and I duly sent the kit to him in New York (apparently he's a pilot and was stopping there) !
    The kit didn't arrive in time as was held up by custome who didn't like the tyre inflator ! (Was being sent from Europe)
    The item was returned to me, I removed the inflator and resent to his home address in Sydney Aus..
    He received the kit, but after a couple of weeks said he'd looked at it and decided it wasn't a large kit but a small one ?
    Obviously wrong and .said there were some other issues with it which I offered to rectify, but he promptly obtained a 'chargeback' thorough PayPal without telling me..!
    He has now refused to return the kit or pay a reduced amount that I've offered for kit to help.!
    Refuses to reply to any emails or messages on here !
    Reported to the moderators who have been v helpful but can't really do much.
    So was just letting anyone who may deal with him to be aware..is all..

3. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Why is there a 10 minute limit to edit a post? Stupid.

Especially if there are no posts after the one you're trying to edit.

4. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    + 365 & 308!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

5. Maranello550

Maranello550 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    You sent me something that was not even in your photo add. Plus it was missing tools, and the case poorly repaired full of mould and complete rubbish.I then tried to resolve this with you amicably. My emails were not responded to due to your extremely poor communication skills. I then sent you a formal email through PayPal to resolve this amicably and then had to wait a week to go through their long winded process. Still no reply so I filed a dispute with PayPal and had to send them photos, the add photos and all correspondence. I then had to wait 3 weeks for them to contact you and go through the same process. They ruled in my favour and it was only then I heard from you sending me threats via email. I don't respond to threats so as I have said to you in the past contact PayPal. I am not going to respond to any of your threatening or extortion emails. By the way I have bought many items off Fchat members, the most recent a set of fabspeed headers. All my dealings have been wonderful. I won't be responding to anymore of your slander or threats. I will say it again. Contact PayPal as they made the decision. You can't do a charge back on PayPal. You have to follow a lengthy process which was done. That's what you get for ripping people off........Nothing more to say.

6. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    I hope you don't mind,the OP originally posted this on Parts for sale(so the whole world can see),I posted this response in the same place.
    This bloke already has some runs on the board for being a bit shifty.

7. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Have you sent back what he sent you? That would probably be the right thing to do, wouldn't it?

refarri likes this.
  8. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Thanks Simon appreciate it ........

9. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    PP just waiting for the threats to stop and common sense to prevail.....Once I get the" I am sorry and I will pay for the return postage" I will drop it off to pack and send ,they can pack it and ship it and he can pay them directly.....Still waiting though.........I am sure the penny will drop eventually........

10. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Yep....can you post what you expected and what you got just out of interest?

11. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    No problem PP. I am in Paris at the moment about to fly out so I will do it over the weekend when I get back
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Here is the large kit advertised and relisted with the photo for the 355 and the one that pitched up was a much smaller one for the 456 where the tools go in sideways . Tools missing , rusty , bag glued poorly and moldy. Nothing like the photo. Tried to resolve t to no avail when he had my money. Now that PayPal has awarded the case to me he is slandering me on a public website and sending threatening emails. After what I have now read on his posted public lies I won't even communicate with him until he apologises on the parts forum.

12. Maranello550

Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 25, 2011
    HongKong
    Full Name:
    Gary
    Sorry PP was supposed to delete the first bit as I found the photos in my iPad. Off to work now.......

13. refarri

refarri Karting

Aug 22, 2008

14. refarri

refarri Karting

Aug 22, 2008

In my defence as I feel I must do..!
    It can be clearly seen from the photos above that the 2 ads are completely different !
    The one above with the photos is for a small 355 kit posted about a year before !
    The written ad underneath posted this year with no photos is for a large toolkit ( with the tyre inflator inside)
    Maybe the buyer thought that they were the same ad ? But they're not ..
    As for return postage PayPal clearly state in their terms that the buyer pays for return postage of the item..!

15. refarri

refarri Karting

Aug 22, 2008

Just for the record it was suggested to me by the moderators that I post in the forum in order to get a response !
    The 'whole world seeing' was the whole point !

16. refarri

refarri Karting

Aug 22, 2008

If you are referring to me saying in emails that I will have to resort to legal action in order to recover the kit or money than yes , that was the advice I was given by my legal department.
    There was no response via email or pm on here for a long time, so my position was that you had the item and the money and you thought that was that ! Therefore I had to resort to informing you of my only course of action.
    I gave many many opportunities to respond and sort but they never came.. ( happy to post the emails and lack of response if need be !
    I have nothing to apologise for at all and won't be doing so.
    I've done nothing wrong, I'm the one who has lost out here !
    The item needs to be returned as I'm sure all will , and seem to agree !
    The official PayPal directive is that the buyer pays for return postage !
    (Happy to copy and paste the directive here if anyone needs it )?

17. refarri

refarri Karting

Aug 22, 2008

As can be clearly seen the two ads are different.
    First one for the small kit with the pic was posted in 2016
    The second ad without pic for the large kit posted in 2017
    That's the one the buyer bought from...that's the one I sent !

18. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    That’s all wonderful.

Anyhoo,

What’s the caper with the new “PM” system?
    With the old Fchat on the very rare occasion I got one the alert was enormous, obvious, the first thing I saw when I logged on.
    But tonight I discover half a dozen “conversation” posts that I didn’t even know existed.

Can we please have something better to alert members to a PM?

19. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Again....+ 365 & 308!

20. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/index.php?threads/562040/

21. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I rarely comment on these type of threads, but based on 33 years of practicing law, I think if this matter was decided in small claims court the buyer would be ordered to ship the item back at his expense. All the other stuff is really ancillary and petty, the buyer has something that doesn't belong to him and according to PayPal rules, as I understand them, buyer is to ship it back at his expense.

22. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    That's all very nice, but if the product wasn't fit for purpose or not as advertised, why should the buyer be out of pocket at all?

23. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    + 365,false advertising is a crime in Aussie.

24. Ferraridoc

Ferraridoc F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 20, 2012
    Gold Coast, Aust.
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    For the definitive answer, I'll ask the missus

25. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Well, because the seller went through PayPal to affect his refund, and PayPal provides that he pay the return shipping. Additionally, please recall that the buyer is also requesting a public apology, and that's what I meant by the petty and ancillary Issues.