Punctured tire. Recoverable? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Punctured tire. Recoverable?

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by iPlane, May 23, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    I have had this happen. The tire will make a nice spare . Do you really want to hammer the throttle and take the car up for a nice burst of speed at 150mph or so while crossing your fingers that the tire holds together. Just make sure the car insurance and your life insurance are paid up. GTS Bruce

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    iPlane... Put me in the Nervous Nellie group. You have a great & expensive car and much to live for. I'd chalk it up to bad luck, & get a new tire. It'd always be in the back of my mind when I was trying to enjoy my F-car...T

3. Celina

Celina Rookie

Sep 25, 2017
    Full Name:
    Celina
    #28 Celina, Sep 27, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 27, 2017
    Hi, I'd like to put in two cents as well. I agree with other members that it's better not to risk your safety and change for a new tyre, moreover this car deserves the best. However, you may try run-flats too as an alternative just in case of such unexpected damages. I know that it is not the way out completely but can be considered. I've found good ones previously there http://www.tirendo.co.uk/ and come across some run-flats too.
    One issue is that they don't provide you with the desirable traction, as I've heard, but it depends on your needs.
    Hope it helps a little.