Playersrun start in NY on June 5th ! | Page 6 | FerrariChat

Playersrun start in NY on June 5th !

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by PlayersMarkus, May 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Steven_Levy

Steven_Levy Karting

Oct 6, 2003
    Westchester, NY
    Full Name:
    Steve Levy
    After a while of being lost in the city and figuring out how to get to the jersey turnpike.. I finally ended up in a pack with a Z4, red NSX, blue 360 modena, black porsche, and a silver SL55 AMG. After many miles of weaving through traffic at 90+ i think we had passed maybe one cop positioned on the side of the road. About 5 minutes later, as I was in the back of our little group, I see the red flashing lights coming behind me, the cops pulls to the side of me and starts pointing to the side of the road with one of the angriest faces ive ever seen.. I was caught almost completely off guard, and started to slow down. He went ahead to go catch up to the other cars I had been with. As i slowed, they had all gone out of view, and about a mile or so down the road, i see a cop with flashign lights on the side of the road. I went and willingly pulled over behind him, assuming if i hadnt he would have just come out after me causing too much trouble. So i parked and called a friend, and the cop came over to my car. He asked if i needed any help.. Confused, I told him I just needed to make a phone call. He asked what was going on, and i told him it was some big rally from New York to California. I think he wrote down my plate number, and then headed back to his car, leaving me free to go. I was pretty confused, and pulled out and headed to see if i could catch up to anyone. About another mile or two down the road, I passed a rest stop, and saw the group i had been with, with the cop who had tried to pull me over writing them tickets-i believe. So i just kept driving, assuming there was no sense in stopping, and all went well from there, no more trouble with the cops. Was this wrong of me to do? I thought I was pulling over for the right cop....worked out for me, i think

2. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    great pics!...damn...beautiful women there!

3. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Agreed!

I just noticed the plate on the Steel-vented Hot Rod

CHZGR8R

Cheeze Grater LOL

4. stax

stax Karting

May 30, 2004
    toronto, montreal
    Full Name:
    --
    i just got back from niagara falls
    i live in toronto, ontario ... so it is kinda out of the region for me but w/e
    Great day ... lotsa nice cars

sad to see that a ****load of cars didn't make it
    only one F40 ... only one SMARTmobile, the blacked out 360 didn't make it
    nor did the rust bucket

and the Enzo and Saleen were held up in transport, they'll join in Chicago

also, most people avoided tickets, 'cept the red NSX who had 5... most of the others just had one or two

i have some pics that i'll post tommorrow ... i gotta run now

also PM me if you want vids, i only got a couple and this was my first time, but they aren't too bad

5. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
  6. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    What happened?

You talkin' about Buttuz's car? He wasn't planning on going on the run.

WTF! Don't you get your license suspended with more than two tickets in a given day!!

PM'd. Thx.

7. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Nope.
    I was issued 6 tickets at one incident before, no suspension.
    Speeding(yes i was), no turn signal(i did use signal), aggressive manuover(maybe in his definition but normal daily driving manner for me), speed contest(don't understand how it is a contest if i am driving fast all by myself), 2 tix for non-amber singal bulb(i guess one for the left side and one for the right side, also how could he know it is non-amber if he wrote me up for not using turn singal).

Got a lawyer and had everything reduced to 3 pts and $185.

8. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Gotcha. I thought he had gotten five different tickets for speeding, at five different intervals.

9. stax

stax Karting

May 30, 2004
    toronto, montreal
    Full Name:
    --
    here are some of the cars ... i'm sure u guys know what these are

10. stax

stax Karting

May 30, 2004
    toronto, montreal
    Full Name:
    --
    they are of course in no particular order
    i also have some videos ... anybody know where i can host them
    sorry i am a NOOB at this stuff

11. DodgeViper01

DodgeViper01 F1 Veteran

Oct 1, 2003
    Great Pictures. This was a lot of fun. It was nice to see all the cars and such cool guys for the most part. Have fun tomorrow guys. Take LOTS of pictures!!!