Parking lights stay on | FerrariChat

Parking lights stay on

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by m_plechaty, Oct 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. m_plechaty

m_plechaty Rookie

Oct 21, 2011
    Oroville CA USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Plechaty
    The parking lights on my 456 have taken it upon themselves to stay on even when the light switch is turned to OFF. While I always keep the car on a float charger when parked at home in my garage AND there is a manual electrical shutoff switch to use to power everything down, so it is a minor inconvenience, does anyone have any suggestions what to look for? Thanks.

2. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I believe my TR has a parking light switch that by-pass the headlight switch. Typical European cars have a switch for parking lights that don't light all the same bulbs when parking is selected from main headlight switch? I believe it is some kind of European thing? Are you sure that is not the case. I switched out a relay once and it did weird things like that.

3. hessank

hessank Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 8, 2005
    Canada, Florida
    Full Name:
    Fred
    David is talking about this switch. My 360 has one also. Drove me nuts and forced me to read the manual (duh!)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

4. m_plechaty

m_plechaty Rookie

Oct 21, 2011
    Oroville CA USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Plechaty
    That sounds logical (?) or as logical as an F-car gets. Maybe I turned something on that I shouldn't have...so to speak. I'll get the manual out (again) & see what I can find. Thanks for the suggestions.

5. m_plechaty

m_plechaty Rookie

Oct 21, 2011
    Oroville CA USA
    Full Name:
    Michael Plechaty
    You guys were right. There is a button to press. Right at the rear of the center console next to the side mirror adjusters. I must have pressed it when trying to do something (?). Thank you for letting me learn something *else* about the Italian mind.

6. vincep99

vincep99 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 8, 2009
    You are not alone! I did it on my TR and again on my 360! Live and (not) learn.