Our First Prancing Pony | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Our First Prancing Pony

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by tomc, May 13, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tom I can't think of any other more stylish way of going shopping . More pictures I see the more I like the Avorio of your Cali and the more I miss that dropping roof.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    With temps finally cooling off here in, now is definitely the time of the year to enjoy the Cali with the top down. Fresh air, sunshine and the Ferrari exhaust symphony. Hard to beat.
    T

3. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    OMG - I love this color combo...very Classy.

4. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015

Rainy here in Houston. Sucks!

5. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thank you. It's classy and classic. I think the diamond seats are the cherry on the sundae. I owe it all to my wife, with an assist from Mario's (MDEL) wife. I want sold on it, but the ladies knew better! Now, I love it. Can't stop driving the Cali, next stop 15,000 miles.
    T

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Sure, but we get a 12 month driving season down here in Texas! Hoping for clear skies for you soon.
    T

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    #232 tomc, Oct 29, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2017
    Another milestone. 15,000 miles. 25k kilometers. Almost 10K miles on our watch. Gorgeous weather. Perfect day for a drive with the wife. Only one "Are you speeding?" from the beloved.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

While stopped, waiting for train to pass, young kid runs up, "Holy ****, that's a Ferrari!!" Crazy kids & their foul language. He's right though. It's perfect Ferrari weather, drive 'em if you got 'em!
    T

I.T. Guy and MDEL like this.
  8. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tom from the picture I can tell that skies in Texas are very blue too. Good and dry weather that's what rear traction Ferraris want and this year we've had plenty. Already 15.000 miles that's exactly the millage my Cali had when I sold it. Yesterday I passed by one and had a certain nostalgia because sometimes I miss the roof down. Great car and definitely the most versatile Ferrari.

9. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Ah! love the ciocolatto

10. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Up in Dallas, even if it's cold, it's usually sunny. Not too many cold, rainy days - happily for Ferrari owners with our summer tires!

From yesterday's drive. Proof that not everything is bigger in Texas. These little horses came up to check out our stallion while we waited for the train to pass.
    T

MDEL likes this.
  11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thank you, the brown interiors that Ferrari does - iroko, ciocolatto and terra bruciata - are all exquisite...T

12. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    MDEL likes this.
  13. MDEL

MDEL F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 24, 2016
    Southern Europe
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Tom I haven't seen you around for sometime but I'm glad you are well and enjoying your Cali with the top down in November. We've had also that same kind of weather with 20ºC temperatures almost in December but finally the first rain has arrived which is bad for rear traction Ferraris but great for farmers and hydraulic electricity production.

14. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hi Mario!

Indeed, it's a busy time of the year. Been enjoying reading your F12 adventures, & your improved results with the MPSS tires.

Glad the weather's cooperating on your end. We could use rain in Texas, been dry since summer. Today is another gorgeous driving day, currently 21 C. Was 15 C this morning.

A little before the magic moment, but this marks 10,000 miles of Cali driving pleasure. It's been a great ride. Every time I drive the Cali, it's still a pleasure.

Best wishes to everyone for a great holiday season. If you can, drive your Ferrari!

T

MDEL likes this.
  15. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    20 C today in SC Tom. Just drove my friends’ boys on some thrill rides. 1/2 tank of gas gone in no time. I refuse to check my gas mileage. Top down fun today!

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

MDEL likes this.
  16. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Down South, this time of the year is our reward for putting up with the long, hot summers.

I haven't ever been tempted to guesstimate my mpg.

Way to spread the F-car love!
    I'm sure the kids will never forget their ride in a Ferrari. As a wise man told me soon after I got the Cali - we must never forget how lucky we are to own & drive these cars!

Best wishes for the holiday season.

T

17. AD211

AD211 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 19, 2017
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Andy
    Crossed 15k today with the top down at 19C in December. A little Van Halen and some sunshine. Awesome. How about a “Show us your tops down in December” thread??

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat.com mobile app

18. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    AD211 likes this.
  19. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    MDEL and AD211 like this.
  20. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Enjoy Tom! Appreciate your keeping this thread active too. Shows everyone how a Cali can fit ones lifestyle.

21. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thanks, Eric!! Best wishes for the holiday season...T

22. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    Well damn! Either there isn't a Santa or I was bad this year. Either way no new Cali in the driveway waiting for me to come drive it. This spring it will be so, or I am still doing things wrong.

23. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Don't give up on the dream! The hunt for your first F-car is half the fun! Merry Christmas!
    T

24. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Congrats Tom Enjoy in good health

25. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Thank you! It's too cold today for driving the Cali (confounded summer tires!), but our family has much to be thankful for. Happy Holidays to you and best wishes for 2018...T