New GT | Page 15 | FerrariChat

New GT

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by agrun, Jul 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Excellent post Superfast275! Welcome!!

2. Maciek

Maciek Karting

Jan 20, 2007
    Poland
    Full Name:
    Maciek N
    I was surprised to see this quote during the presentation in Portofino. It seems that Ferrari people really read F-chat.

3. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Again, not to be the negative ******* ... but ... this is not a good thing.

They can't design a car to look like a fresh new Ferrari with a thread of consistent Ferrari design DNA for all to see (no badging), AND they can't speak about the car in their own words??

This is why Luca left.

No originality. Focus group corporate.

4. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    I recognized that quote at the event also.

Quite an impressive launch party by Ferrari. The sheer magnitude of the event (building a barge and taking over a seaside town) and the attention to detail was amazing. First time I ever received a model of a car before delivery!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

Attached Files:

anunakki likes this.
  5. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    WOW! That's impressive!!

6. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    The other possibility is that Superfast works for Ferrari.........????

Regards

Michael

7. DavidJames1

DavidJames1 Formula 3

Mar 6, 2010
    Bangkok, Thailand
    I thought Luca was fired

8. Superfast275

Superfast275 Rookie

Aug 26, 2013
    Somewhere in Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    Hahah - I promise I don't work for Ferrari!!! I have to say though that I am honoured to hear they quoted me (at least it must mean that I did buy the car for the right reasons!).

My post was just my honest opinion on a model that received some negative reviews from the motoring press - and which from an owner's perspective I think were completely undeserved. What I have always found even more surprising is that the negativity seemed to come from them not really fully understanding what this car was actually for (which admittedly was something different to the rest of the Ferrari line up at the time it came out).

I can see how a motoring journalist, being used to putting performance cars to their limits around a track for a living (the Cali was surely not made for that) can easily miss how priceless it is to be able to drive a Ferrari discreetly to your office in Canary Wharf and then be able to take the roof off and hear that engine when you're coming back home. And in my view it is precisely that completely different perspective that a journalist and the typical Cali owner have that explains why owners love it and the press did not. Like the pointless discussion of whether it is a "true Ferrari" or not (with all due respect to the press, is that judgement really up to them - or even us customers for that matter?). Of course it is a Ferrari - it is just meant to be used in a different way to a 458, to name the other V8 of its time. From the various times I've been at the factory (Corso Pilota, factory visits etc) I know that Ferrari is actually much more proud of the California than the general public seem to appreciate. I think they had an idea about making a versatile Ferrari for a certain kind of clientele and absolutely nailed it. I know many other Cali owners who think exactly the same, hence why I wrote. Thanks by the way for all the positive feedback to my post.

To those who attended the Portofino event, may I ask you: was the quote just a verbal reference? Was it actually written on screen?

Ferrari, if you are indeed reading this, maybe a Portofino model like the one above in gef3rd's post would be a nice little detail for borrowing my words!!!
    (They also gifted a similar model at the CaliforniaT´s unveiling at the Museo Enzo Ferrari in Modena a few years ago, which I did attend).

A.

anunakki and 100badboy100 like this.
  9. 100badboy100

100badboy100 Formula Junior
    Owner

Sep 15, 2016
    Devon- U.K.
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I also really like the look of the car especially with the roof up it looks every inch a true Ferrari.

Looking forward to seeing it in the flesh.

Regards Michael

10. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    It was written on the screen. You place in Ferrari history is therefore assured!

11. ingegnere

ingegnere F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Montreal
  12. Superfast275

Superfast275 Rookie

Aug 26, 2013
    Somewhere in Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    Amazing...! Thanks very much for sharing. Big sigh of relief to see they actually replaced my original "[...] beautiful blonde by your side" with "your drive with your family" (means I can now tell my wife -incidentally not a blonde- about all this story without her asking uncomfortable questions...!)

A.

Brian L and Flo400 like this.
  13. gef3rd

gef3rd Formula Junior
    Rossa Subscribed

Jul 21, 2009
    Palos Verdes Estates
    Full Name:
    George
    Superfast275,

PM me your name and address. I will try and arrange for Ferrari to ship you a model. If unsuccessful, I will ship you the one I have.

George

anunakki and Flo400 like this.
  14. Superfast275

Superfast275 Rookie

Aug 26, 2013
    Somewhere in Europe
    Full Name:
    A.
    George, you are far too kind! Thank you very much and I will PM my details (only because you asked) but please do not even think about sending your own model. I know from experience what a nice souvenir it is and it is clearly meant to keep the memories of the unveiling event (& the trip) alive for you. Plus there is absolutely no need for you to do it! If you are ever in town please do let me know.