NEW DINO | Page 2 | FerrariChat

NEW DINO

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by doccharlie954, Aug 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. andy355

andy355 Karting

Jul 18, 2004
    UK
    How much is basic list price f Cali in North America?

To me the 150k dino would likely be a 200k car when optioned. Or make it 165k base and fit it with wheels that shame the car

2. REALZEUS

REALZEUS F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2011
    Bournemouth, UK
    A cheaper Ferrari would be in Maserati's territory. I really don't know why people keep on going about such a thing...

3. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    to me the Dino does not have to be sub 200 it just should be a smaller scale mid engine V6 of some type and offer a manual .. the idea would be to increase circulation some and have a car a little easier for the corp Cafe rules.... and make a pretty cool LITTLE sports car.....

4. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    People always say that's what they want but they don't buy them.

What they really want is a GT.

If you look at 2 seat mid engine car sales in America, the number is really small. With the new mid engine Corvette coming probably under $150K, there's no room for a Dino at $200K

5. noone1

noone1 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 21, 2008
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mike
    You could have a sub-$200K MSRP Dino... if it was out right now. McLaren, Lamborghini, Audi, etc have sub-200K cars. But again, that's today. Those are out now and have been for several years.

By the time the Dino shows up, the MSRP will probably not be much, if any, below $200K. Obviously MSRP becomes irrelevant though after you add options.

6. F2003-GA

F2003-GA F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Sunbelt
    Full Name:
    Bro
    Definitely room for a 200k Ferrari plus folks will be inclined to use them more the other garage queens :)

7. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    +1 . It's not happening, full stop. How many reasons does anyone need?

8. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    And yet a Crossover or SUV is ok?

9. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Sorry, I dot see the link? No, an SUV is not OK and yet as the bottom line is the driving force, I understand the pure commercial case.

10. Brian L

Brian L Formula 3

Jun 17, 2015
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Brian
    The issue with an SUV or Crossover is that it's a truck. Buying a Ferrari is buying a race car derivative. Not a race truck. It's a death blow to the whole brand, that will take some years to kick in after the initial thrill of the product.

Why again do they need to sell more and more cars, get hit with more and more green taxes, etc? I don't see the point.

11. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I agree. Being a dinosaur, the Ferrari IPO was, to me, a disaster and I posted so at the time. This is the inevitable outcome of being a public company whose primary aim is the bottom line.

Makuono, tomc and OwenC like this.