My snarky comment of the day | FerrariChat

My snarky comment of the day

Discussion in 'F1' started by fatbillybob, Oct 3, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Sergio is not happy with Ferrari F1's failings. Kimi not even making a start after 2nd place in qualy is just rediculous. Well all I can say is now he knows how we customers feel when our F1 gearbox won't go into neutral or any number of other silly ferrari things like huge parasitic electrical drains or sticky interior parts. Sergio talks about quality. Yeah ferrari needs to step up its quality behind all doors at maranello. We customers feel his frustration too.

Makuono likes this.
  2. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    A lot of Kimi's problem has to do with park fermé regulations. They did not realize that something major was wrong until they fired the car up on Sunday afternoon.

3. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    I heard Kimi's problems relate to huge parasitic electrical drains and sticky interior parts. :D

Makuono and tonyc like this.
  4. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    I'm guessing his headers cracked and the slow down lights came on. ;) Or the team stretched out the timing belt interval to five races instead of 3. :D

Makuono likes this.
  5. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    Guess Ferrari needs to learn more from Japanese reliability. And they’re still way off with production cars but the way they are screwing up with the f1s would make Honda and Toyota proud.

Jeronimo GTO likes this.
  6. NEP

NEP F1 Rookie

Jul 19, 2010
    On Earth
    Full Name:
    Nigel
    OCTOBER 4, 2017

Montezemolo backs unreliable Ferrari car

Luca di Montezemolo has backed Ferrari, amid criticism of the Italian marque's poor car reliability in Malaysia.

Current Ferrari president Sergio Marchionne this week admitted Sepang last weekend made him angry, vowing organisational changes after both Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen suffered car problems.

But Marchionne's predecessor, Montezemolo, hailed Ferrari's step forward in 2017.

"I think everyone realises now that we are close," he is quoted by Corriere dello Sport.

"The world championship is difficult but there are still five races and with this car it is justified to believe."

And so Montezemolo defended Ferrari, even after two separate technical problems in Malaysia that prevented a likely victory last Sunday.

"The important thing is to have a fast car," he said.

"Ferrari could have been first and second in the last two races. But it is better to have a fast car that is liable to break than a reliable car that is behind."

7. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Now that there are only four races remaining, with yet another DNF, perhaps it is no longer "justified to believe" for 2017. Sigh. :(

All the best,
    Andrew.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using FerrariChat.com mobile app

8. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby

Mmmm...everyone else on the grid has the same issues. If Honda did this we would be all laughing at their inability to put cars on the grid.

9. LVP488

LVP488 F1 Rookie

Jan 21, 2017
    France
    They only learn from Japanese spark plug suppliers :(

10. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    BTW, we ARE laughing at Ferrari's ability to keep cars on the grid and in the races.

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Most aren't. They are drinking to the koolaid Ferrari is dribbling out about a "failed spark plug" like it could "happen to anyone"