MT rebuild needed. Recommendations? | FerrariChat

MT rebuild needed. Recommendations?

Discussion in 'Florida' started by blackbolt22, Aug 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    #1 blackbolt22, Aug 8, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2017
    I have a 430 MT unit. I've attached a couple of thread links in case someone has a lot of time on their hands.

I need to pull the transmission and have it rebuilt/repaired. Just need someone who would be familiar with manual transmission rebuilds. I know this is an almighty Ferrari but it's still just a MT transmission. It doesn't have to be a Ferrari technician.

Everything and I mean everything has been replaced and checked. Last thing it can be is internal damage.

Recommendations welcome. I would prefer an independent over F of Ft Lauderdale but will go there if needed.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/technical-q/557308-430-mt-shifting-issues.html

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/360-430-sponsored-yellow-compass-group/532275-f430-mt-shifting-issue.html

2. eyeman1234

eyeman1234 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 25, 2006
    Boca Raton, FL
    Hi MR. ANDERSON,
    I have used Modena Eurosports (in Oakland Park) for my gated 360 and F430.
    He's a Ferrari-trained certified mechanic who worked for the Ferrari dealerships FoFL and FoLI.
    Awesome work and guy!

(A regular at the monthly Scuderia Dinner on thursdays)

https://www.facebook.com/modenaeurosports/

3. FPMODENA

FPMODENA Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 9, 2016
    Full Name:
    Dany pereyra
    Hello Mr Anderson, this is Dany President of Modena Eurosports, I have extensive experience with Ferrari and Maserati, so I'm sure we can figure it out, its hard to say what the issue is without checking the car, but you can reach me at 954-484-6262.
    We can start as soon as possible to fix your car.

Thank you
    Ill be waiting to hear from you soon!

4. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    Thank you. Will call you today.

5. anthony47

anthony47 Karting

May 15, 2005
    Hi,did you manage to cure the gearbox problem?Thanks

6. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    At the shop now. Transmission pulled. Internal damage suspected when heat exchanger failed and coolant and gear oil got mixed. I'll keep you posted.

7. oss117

oss117 F1 Rookie

Jan 26, 2006
    Plantation, Florida
    Full Name:
    Alfredo
    The other options would have been Precision Auto Care in Margate or Tim Stanford in Ft. Lauderdale.

8. papou

papou Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 18, 2012
    plantation Fla
    Full Name:
    daniel ross
    Adrian at Precision, Like Luc and Eddie at the top of the south Florida tree
    when it comes to quality..

9. blackbolt22

blackbolt22 F1 Veteran

Sep 25, 2007
    Boca Raton, FL
    Full Name:
    Mr. Anderson
    It is repaired. Add Dany from Modena Eurosports to the list of fine independent mechanics we already have. Highly recommended.

He took out the transmission, went inside, cleaned and inspected every gear, bushing, part etc. Everything was to the proper tolerances except there was a problem with the 3rd and 4th gear synchronizer mechanism. It was replaced and the problem is finally over.

It shifts and drives like a dream now.