Max Verstappen | Page 28 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    You are right...because of the bigger picture he should have drove to the right, park the car and let everybody by to avoid contact at every expence...;)
    They are racers and drive to win...for years now it was pointed out that this is the difference between Lewis and Nico, that Lewis is the racer and Nico gave in too often at the start...and now all of the sudden the very same characteristic is called dump when it is Seb...Maybe one day you guys should decide and not switch opinion every now and then and forget about what you said yesterday.
    But I guess it is "let´s bash Seb" month, he is responsible for everything, even when Stroll drives without looking...Ridiculous

NEP likes this.
  2. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    'Dump' is Kimi territory no?

3. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    But Pete would your sentiments be the same if it had been Hamilton, that had been doing these, (for want of a better word) "questionable/controversial" moves of late" ;)

tifosi12 and Ferrari 308 GTB like this.
  4. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    I think all three drivers had their share in the Start Crash and Vettel is not to blame for the Stroll/Vettel crash...I doubt that my opinion would have been different if it was Lewis but I can imagine what Group44 would have posted if it was him...
    As I said: If Lewis is aggressive at the start he is a racer, if Seb is he is dump...And the Seb bashing of the guy above you including calling him names is ridiculous...

Just look at the British press now: after having an engine failure last year they basically wrote the WDC was robbed from Lewis and now when he is taking profit from a crash and an engine failure of his opponent they call it his most deserved and most earned WDC...pathetic

daytona355 likes this.
  5. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    I don't subscribe to bias news feeds, I make my own mind up whether that be right or wrong, and I'am happy to admit when I was wrong, I really try to take a impartial view, my feelings on Vettel of late, is that he has made some questionable decisions in his racing, and it appears to me that red mist can quickly descend on him, blurring his perspective.

6. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    The only "red mist" moment I agree with you that I remember is Baku...I do not see what defending his line at the start has to do with "red mist"...Nore overtaking Stroll on the outside after the race (what reportingly Lewis did with Max as well but Max did not crash into him).

PS: "Red Mist"...as we are in the Max thread: does Max only crash into red cars? ;)

NEP likes this.
  7. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    LOL fair enough, well I think Hamilton has wised up to Max's antics, and was more than happy Max was sat next to Vettel at the start in Singapore, he absolutely exploited the situation...;)

8. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Tropical
    Strangely enough ,when Lewis passed the winner ,Max, on the slow down lap ..Lewis did not turn ito Max and crash..... it is called being careful.Vettel should take note if he want to be WDC again..

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It was so bizarre, clearly a lack of concentration and focus. MS did once a similar thing: IIRC it was the warm up lap to the Chinese GP and he just drove into one of the backmarkers.

10. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Exactly...just ignore the footage of the car behind and say without any evidence that Seb turned into Stroll....Says all about the credibility of your opinion. But at least you found a new buddy "+44" ;)

11. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    Yes, it was simply a lack of concentration and focus...but I guess Stroll might still learn ;)

12. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

4:27 Via SKY F1

Red Bull’s drivers are set to take one more grid penalty apiece in the season’s final four races, according to Helmut Marko.

The on-form team took grid penalties for fifth engines of 2017 at the Italian GP in September, but Marko, Red Bull’s advisor, concedes Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen are going to need one more engine each to complete the final four races.

“We still have an engine change with both cars,” he told Auto Motor und Sport.

“That means starting from far back. We will take the motors at different races so that we are at least with one car at the front.”

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Neither did you....

14. ricksb

ricksb F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2005
    Montclair Village
    Full Name:
    B. Ricks
    Pardon the comparison, but it reminds me of Schu at Jordan when he was pursuing Senna (not saying Max is Schu or Hamilton is Senna, just the pursuit is reminiscent of Michael's ascendance)

RobertJRB and vinuneuro like this.
  15. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hopefully it will be certainly very interesting watching the battles unfold between Max and Lewis..I figure they have similar driving styles, see a gap and there in it :) Of course it will depend on whether Lewis will still have a fierce desire to keep winning, if so then I'am sure he will be thinking hard on how to deal with him.

16. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    What does that even mean? lol

Not that this couldnt happen but that article is garbage

17. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    At least it gives us hope: Max deserving a car of his talent and Lewis a teammate he can't just dominate. Max and Lewis at MB is going to be the remake of Prost vs Senna at McLaren. Guaranteed. Or in other words: Merc has to be crazy to do this. Then again: Maybe by 2019 Lewis will have had enough and retire.

vinuneuro likes this.
  18. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    +1

Didn't see this before my post in the other thread; like minds.

Funny, Lewis as Prost in that scenario. It'd be full circle after 2007. His race style has also become Prost like (though thankfully he still qualifies like Senna). Who'da thought.

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Couldn't agree more. He has hugely developed as a racer. More than Seb, who still hasn't full control over his emotions.

20. P.Singhof

P.Singhof F1 Rookie

Apr 19, 2006
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Peter Singhof
    That is one way to see it...the other is that he has no team mate who is challenging him anymore. I doubt that Lewis has developed since the last race of 2016 the way you said, he simply was not in the same situation anymore. I would like to see Max against Lewis and I am sure the carbon fibre will fly and the mindgames would be as bad as last year. Although he always says that he wants to challenge the best I highly doubt that he will go against Max in the same car...Max would have nothing to loose but he has all...

21. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
  22. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
  23. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales
    yup, pay up or shut up.

24. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Be interesting to see if they can keep Max by getting on with next year's challenger - https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/132461/red-bull-brings-2018-car-development-forward

Red Bull brought forward the development of its 2018 Formula 1 car relative to last year in a bid to avoid another slow start to the season, says Daniel Ricciardo.

In recent years, Red Bull has left it as late as possible to complete the design of its new car each winter to allow for maximum development time.

But it failed to hit the ground running this year and though the team now believes it has the best chassis in F1, it has come too late to challenge for either championship.

Max Verstappen has said a less ambitious approach by Red Bull in launching its new F1 car as late as possible could help it make a strong start to 2018.

Ricciardo said: "I always feel our starts to the season have been slow particularly since I've been with the team but it's, as far as I'm aware, not planned.

"I'm not sure why exactly. We definitely get stronger - it's a nice trend to get better and better but we'd like to start better.

"I still don't really know the answer to why that is.

"We always feel like we start on next year's car early enough but maybe what we think is early isn't early enough.

"I know for next year it's been brought forward more than it was for this year."

25. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak
    Red bull wanting drivers signed for 2020 may be a red herring, lots of things point to red bull either getting a factory engine backer, or they will leave at the next change. Their time as a mere customer team hasn't been profitable, and they are a team that are used to winning, i wouldn't be hanging my hat on them staying, certainly in the format they are today.

Max and ricciardo would be better served trying to get into Mercedes or ferrari for now, they are likely to be the two teams that will be able to win most in the near future, with Mercedes for the remainder of this period of rules unlikely to lose their dominance, but ferrari certainly able to make the most of a rules change, whether they will or not is another question, a rather large one. Trouble is, both teams have their 'top driver' in elton and Seb, both of whom won't be comfortable with either of the bulls in the second seat. It will take strong management to get the bulls into the car and not lose their star man at the same time.

Elton for all his ******** won't stand for a strong second driver, when they were replacing Nico, remember that he frequently repeated that he has a veto over teammates, and ended up with toto wolfs man in the second car, undoubtedly with a contract (for one year at a time, to press the point) that says elton is to be number one, and Seb we know likes to be number one, just like Michael was (nothing wrong with either of them in that sense, I totally think there should be a main driver and a rear gunner, able to pick up points for the WCC, and take up the reins when there is a problem for the first car)

NEP likes this.