Max Verstappen | Page 27 | FerrariChat

Max Verstappen

Discussion in 'F1' started by CRG125, Aug 12, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Mercedes "half way to signing" Verstappen for 2019
    Mercedes are "half way to signing" Max Verstappen for the 2019 season, according to former motor racing correspondent for The Times , Kevin Eason.

The German outfit have won three consecutive Constructors' Championships.

Eason added that Verstappen's current employers, Red Bull Racing, "need a winning car damn quick” to keep their Dutch driver.

Verstappen, 20, became Formula 1's youngest race winner with victory in Spain last season.

And speaking of Verstappen's win in Malaysia last weekend, Eason said; "with every lap that passed I could see his price going up".

This clip is from 5 live Sport on Wednesday 4 October 2017.

Release date:
    4 October 2017
    Duration:
    44 seconds

2. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    OMG OMG OMG

<cue in Sprockets:>
    I'm excited like a little girl. Zis is where we danze.

3. jgonzalesm6

jgonzalesm6 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2016
    Corpus Christi, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Joe R Gonzales

Now this.....is.......without a doubt......a force to be reckon with. Mercedes power and Max's race-craft. My GOD. Then Max stay's for the new PU into 2021. Jeeeeeeezzzzzuuuuusssss! :eek:

4. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    After Max took out the Ferrari's I figured he would be rewarded by Mercedes and it looks that he is well on his way.

NEP likes this.
  5. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    After Seb took out the Ferraris you meant to say.

6. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    No, I don't.

7. vinuneuro

vinuneuro F1 Rookie

May 6, 2007
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Vig
    Max at Merc with Hamilton and Ricciardo at Ferrari with Vettel would be fun. That or a championship contending RB along with Merc and Ferrari.

8. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

So, you didn't watch the same race as everybody else then ...

tifosi12 likes this.
  9. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

It would be fun, but also a lot of trouble for Mercedes and Ferrari, I think.
    Maybe that would be allowing a complete outsider to beat them all !!!

10. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Seb had position over Max and so did Kimi. Max should've backed out. Every polesitter has defended their position in a similar manner at one point or another. It is a legal and legitimate move.

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    If the Ferrari's weren't screwing up last weekend Max would have been 3rd. Max owes Ferrari a big "thanks".

crinoid likes this.
  12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not just Sepang. You might as well add Spa last year to it where Seb basically did the same thing: Torpedoed Kimi. And I'm sure I'm forgetting some others.

Caracciola likes this.
  13. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Nope.

Moving over and defend your position while you're in front is legitimate. Seb screwed up his start and was already falling back. At that point he was just squeezing the other two guys.

Caracciola likes this.
  14. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    You're arguing Seb's emotion and that doesn't matter. He and Kimi were in front of Max. This is an irrefutable fact. Max continued to drive into a closing gap. These are the words of F1 driver John Watson.

15. WPOZZZ

WPOZZZ F1 Veteran

Aug 22, 2012
    Honolulu, HI
    Do drivers get anything from the race organizer for winning a race?

16. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes, but you could argue Vettel in closing down Max whom is not his WDC rival this year, opened the track up for his main WDC rival to sail straight to the front .
    Had he not done that, it is fair to say, Max may not have collided with Kimi, and more certainly Hamilton would have been behind him, with a buffer of Max or Kimi maybe both.
    IMO Seb made a poor start, and poor choice of trying to recover his lead, especially in those conditions.

17. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    You can argue that however my point is that although it might not have been the best decision making Seb ultimately didn't do anything illegal out or of the norm and he did not make contact with anyone. The person who made contact did not have track position by a half car length and proceeded consciously to drive into a closing space. I see it as a racing incident. I don't think Max should be punished though I think he has more accountability than Seb. Seb has accountability as well. If another driver like Palmer was in Max's position and did the same he would have been punished or loose his seat like Danny K did.

18. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Fair enough, a racing incident agreed.
    However I still think Vettel suffers from red mist moments, and on a few occasions this being one, he was not thinking long term of his WDC hopes.

19. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

I know, and the officials ignore that move until ... contact !!!!! Vertappen wasn't going to yield, and I don't blame him.

I don't see "defending your position " after the start by cutting across your rivals any different than swerving on a straight line, which is prohibited.

What's legitimate about it? At least Vettel paid the price for his aggressive move.

20. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

I think Vettel will find that winning a title at Ferrari will be a lot more harder after the privileged time he had at Red Bull.

kraftwerk and tifosi12 like this.
  21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    So, aggression should be removed from racing. Cool we can have a very expensive parade. Everyone can take turns being the parade leader.... :|

22. Caracciola

Caracciola Karting
    BANNED

You may not agree with my opinion, but don't misquote me, please. There are times and places to show aggression in motor racing, but swerving violently across the track at the start to block an opponent isn't a smart move when you have 18 other cars charging behind you. It's a recipe for disaster. I think the practice should be banned, just like swerving was.

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Agreed

It was the dumbest thing he could do. Especially when every point counts.

24. kraftwerk

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Yes true enough, and as a rule I wouldn't have put the word dumb and Vettel in the same sentence.