Marques d’Elegance at Paletta Mansion on Lake Ontario August 19th 2012 | Page 14 | FerrariChat

Marques d’Elegance at Paletta Mansion on Lake Ontario August 19th 2012

Discussion in 'Canada' started by marioz, Apr 28, 2012.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #326 marioz, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #327 marioz, Aug 28, 2017
  3. MS250

MS250 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Thanks for sharing Mario ! Looks like you and fun !

Glad to see the weather held up for at least one day this year.

4. TurboS

TurboS Karting

Jul 1, 2007
    Toronto ON
  5. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
  6. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    Hey Mario,
    I am not one to comment normally, but quite honestly he's right about that video. If that was representative of the event in general then they should have changed the name of it from Marquees d'Elegance to "Sunday afternoon car swap".

7. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    He did say amazing & stunning cars & he was right about that.
    He did get some cars make wrong though & said he did not like Ferrari & was not too kind on the Maserati brand so as an owner of both I have to disagree with him there.

8. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    I was just commenting on the video that was posted, not anything else.

9. TurboS

TurboS Karting

Jul 1, 2007
    Toronto ON
    #335 TurboS, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
    i said two things. First the video was ****, second it looked like Marques de Walmart.
    You did not refute either of those two points, but instead decided to change the subject and mentioned that I am a Porsche owner. That is the the truth, well done Sir!

Back to the subject at hand, the video sucked and the cars from Walmart.
    Either you agree or disagree, its really very simple Mr. Ferrari.

PS I was at Mosport today with my Porsche, did you venture out to the bakery, or was it too cloudy or windy.....:)

10. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #336 marioz, Aug 30, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2017
    You are a hoot Eschel & I know too well to get offended by what you say.

The comment "This is from a Porsche owner. Just had to shake my head. Typical?" was not ABOUT you (so don't get your shorts in a knot) BUT at the guy that made the video that I posted. (a P> owner)

His video was not that great either & some of his comments were?? & I commented on what he said See post 333:

"He did get some cars make wrong though & said he did not like Ferrari & was not too kind on the Maserati brand so as an owner of both I have to disagree with him there."

He was right about one thing though "He did say amazing & stunning cars"

Most cars were the best of the best though & some you do not see every day (the video did not show all the cars) & believe it or not have never been to Walmart.

You also do not see that Bugatti at Walmart every day.

I agree that the show was meant to entertain the public and it did that.

PS you going to Walmart tonight??

11. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    LMAO! This is getting to be too funny!

12. TurboS

TurboS Karting

Jul 1, 2007
    Toronto ON
    Nothing I said was offensive Mario, I was merely stating the truth. Is the truth offensive? Unfortunately in todays
    politically correct world where Excellence is rewarded in degrees of failure, it seems to be. The video was crap, and the event was not as touted or advertised.

Yes I will most likely be at Walmart tonight with my son, he is enamoured with the muscle cars and some of the exotics. He has an eclectic taste in cars and music.

13. tifosi_

tifosi_ Formula 3

Sep 24, 2013
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Clyde
    Eschel I am surprised your son is not a devout Porschefile like you, does he not like your GT2?

14. sopopopo

sopopopo Karting

Jul 27, 2007
    Mississauga
    As the expression goes, "opinions are like a** holes, everyone's got one" so nobody should get worked up that you don't like the quality of the video. Personally, that video you posted didn't do it for me either but at the same time your track day videos can get pretty repetitive too so should you care about my opinion now? I hope not. If you're happy making them, then so am I, for you.

Saying that the cars are from Walmart however is where you start to lose me. This statement is less opinion and IMHO disingenuous. True some of the same owners who enjoy showing their cars at Walmart came to this show however since some cars had to be trucked in how can you make such a blanket statement? Furthermore, if you enjoy going to the Walmart show.... where's the problem? Clearly you see some value in spending your time there... if it isn't for the cars then what? I doubt it is for rollback prices.

The main thing that I have trouble with is not your opinion as to whether or not the show was to your personal taste, to each his own, but rather your motivation. I enjoy teasing Mario as much as the next guy but when you go out of your way to find a poor quality video of an event you didn't attend just to trash the show reflects more on your motivation than the show. Perhaps this is the real issue, not the show itself.

Let us agree that the show has room for improvement, those who attended appeared to have had fun, Mario is wrong about Porsche and that the production value of some of the videos on YouTube sucks. See you at Walmart?

15. Nuvolari

Nuvolari F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2002
    Toronto / SoCal
    Full Name:
    Rob C.
    Best post today :)

16. TurboS

TurboS Karting

Jul 1, 2007
    Toronto ON
    I'm not asking for anyone to get worked up by my post or if you do or do not like my videos, don't really care, merely stating my opinion.
    As you said "opinions are like a** holes, everyone's got one" but especially if they are given by a** holes.....

What exactly is my hidden motivation, please enlighten me. Are you implying that I am somehow vying for the job at Marques de Walmart, unfortunately sir you are sadly mistaken.

But, Was at Walmart tonight, my son loves the T shirts.

17. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/2017-marques-delegance-smashing-success-thomas-douglas

An article on Marques d'Elegance weekend. Thank you so much to Thomas Douglas from The Guild for the great review on the event and it is because of the hard work and dedication of our team with Felice leading the way that it happened. I am humbled by his kind words and hopefully we put a smile on all the spectators & participants that were part of the event. This makes it all worth while. Thank you Dave, Thomas & all the great people at The Guild for being part of this.

18. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    #344 marioz, Aug 31, 2017
  19. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    Mario, is that the hulk green ? Is it metallic flakes ?

20. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    That's real carbon. That's 3 mil sitting there.

21. of2worlds

of2worlds F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 6, 2004
    ON
    Full Name:
    CH
    Malcom Forbes would approve but that McLaren needs gold wheels!

22. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
  23. MS250

Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Full Name:
    Avvocato
    I figured it may have been carbon, but wasn't sure. Do you know the name of the green they used?

It's a very vibrate on that car, the lines look appealing to me in that green. Even without the gold wheels ;)

of2worlds likes this.
  24. marioz

marioz Formula 3

Nov 21, 2003
    Cedar Mills,Ontario
    Full Name:
    Mario
    No idea on the green Rick but the car looks great up close.