Lurkers -- come out and play | Page 36 | FerrariChat

Lurkers -- come out and play

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by GrigioGuy, Feb 3, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ant348

Ant348 Rookie

Mar 26, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Hi everyone

I've been lurking for over a month now researching as mush as I can before I jumped in as I've been looking for a project to work on. I've finally purchased a 92 rhd 348 TS which had been stored for a while and am now in the process of sorting out the issues!

Cheers
    Ant

2. Ant348

Ant348 Rookie

Mar 26, 2017
    UK
    Full Name:
    Antony
    Been lurking for a while now, and I've finally purchased a RHD 1992 348 TS that has been stored for a while.

Bought it as a restoration project and this place is great for information and knowledge from other members.

3. Rfaber

Rfaber Rookie

Jun 24, 2013
    British Columbia
    Hello, semi-pro (work at it for fun and $$) wrench. lifetime enthusiast, watched my first F1 races in the 70's with my dad. always loved the sound of Ferrari ! Ive wrenched on a few, and spend most of my spare time in my garage. I am hoping to find and purchase a nicely sorted 355 spyder 6sd three pedal of course! for me its not about the absolute top speed, but the connectedness of the car and driver.
    I have lots of experience wrenching on most euro cars, and can offer some insights into the work. I also read as much as I can on the engine rebuild posts. and other restoration work. I am nearing the point in my life where I can afford to pick up an F-car and enjoy it like I should ! Im located in Vancouver, BC. so if anyone needs a passenger who will gladly pick up the coffee tab. let me know! thanx!!
    Riemer
    thanx for having us

4. Jason O

Jason O Rookie

Jul 31, 2014
    Newfoundland
    Full Name:
    Jason O
    Been lurking off and on Ferrari Chat since 2014 , when I tried to order a 458 in Canada ... It didn't go so well , but I'm happy to say I finally placed an order for an 812 . Now the wait begins. LOL

Jay O

5. Mr.b

Mr.b Rookie

Jul 4, 2017
    South Africa
    Hi,

I am Chad all the way from Cape town, South Africa. And I've been lurking about in the shadows... joined the site because I love Ferrari's, I don't own any though, I drive an Audi S5, soon in the near future I would like to purchase one... hence me being here and finding out about the in's & out's of owning these magnificent machines!

6. ChrisC

ChrisC Rookie

Apr 24, 2007
    10 years, first post, ultimate lurker. Thank you

rajagopalan_Kg and chanhphaya like this.
  7. MitchellC

MitchellC Rookie

Mar 31, 2015
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell
    Hi, I'm Mitchell! I drive my '15 Miata in all weather, which did not mean much when I picked it up in southern California, but implied a bit more exposure in the year and a half I lived in NJ. I moved to Seattle in April of this year, and have loved the gorgeous mild weather, but still look forward to mounting the snows to head up the mountain passes this winter.

8. j9fd3s

j9fd3s Rookie

Apr 12, 2006
    been lurking for quite a while. I mostly have been playing with Rotary Mazda's, with the odd Little British Sports car thrown in.

Excited to be Ferrari hunting shortly!

9. George Hernandez

Nov 2, 2017
    Full Name:
    George Hernandez
    #884 George Hernandez, Nov 2, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 2, 2017
    I suppose that is the way most things work. I'm assuming that many registered users were built over time.

My intro: My name is George and I'm addicted to Ferrari's :)

10. jcdeng

jcdeng Rookie

Aug 27, 2015
    2 year lurker here, lives nyc and my house is not F car friendly (steep driveway into garage). Need to move to a new house before I can jump in, all I can do right now is lurk I guess:(

Island Time likes this.
  11. Buck_nekid

Buck_nekid Rookie

Nov 5, 2005
    West Virginia
    Full Name:
    Jack
    LOL, if you keep posting I shall regain my throne.

12. AnthonyExotics

Nov 7, 2017
    Full Name:
    anthony rumeo
    Longtime lurker and tifossi since birth... watching F1 on the floor of my childhood home with my father a diehard fan for 50 years +. Followed that passion to work with these beauties. Cheers all!

13. FlyingAces

FlyingAces Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2011
    LA 2 Vegas
    Full Name:
    Joejoe
    Sold the 355 and got into a Quattroporte. Transitioned over to the Maserati forums :) Still looking for the right F car.

Ill be back

14. jac

jac Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    jack cohen
    I think I get ultimate lurker. I have been reading on and off since 2005. I came close to a black on black 512 bbi. My bid of 83k plus 10% buyers was second highest. 8 years ago at rm fort lauderdale? Should have bought it then I missed out on a beautiful 512 tr at 110 a few years back. Oops. Have been playing with other cars I guess. Have a 2008 Gallardo Spyder 6 speed gated. 2001 diablo 6.0 and a 2006 Spyker c8 Spyder. I'm thinking of moving the Diablo and getting a 599 or 458 speciale. 45 years old live in upstate ny. I have the best wife in the world. She does not care what I buy car wise and vacates the garage every summer so I can line all the cars up and drive a different 1 any day.

15. schtick

schtick Rookie

Mar 3, 2015
    Been lurking for years. Excellent group of enthusiastic members here. My toys have been Mopar muscle cars since I was a teenager. At 52 I feel the need to trade for a Ferrari. I would love to own a gated 355. Mabey it's time to trade the 'cuda in. John

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Island Time and jac like this.
  16. jac

jac Karting

Nov 4, 2005
    Full Name:
    jack cohen
    I also have a 71 roadrunner roadrunner 383 purple with white interior and vynil roof. My favorite muscle car.

17. schtick

schtick Rookie

Mar 3, 2015
    Nice!

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

18. Marco Polo

Marco Polo Rookie

Jan 14, 2017
    Cheshire, UK
    I've always been interested in cars, fast cars, and particularly Ferraris, since I was a young boy going back to the days in F1 of Mike Hawthorn, Phil Hill, Peter Collins and Wolfgang Von Trips but being from a background of modest means, have never been in a position to own one - but I still live in hope that maybe the opportunity will come. When I was 21, I owned a 1966 MG Midget - my first taste of an open top sports car, and I loved it. A few years later I got married and started a family so goodbye to the carefree days of youth! Fast forward 40 years and more, I decided to recapture some of those happy experiences and bought a 16 years old Mercedes SL500 so that I could enjoy a big powerful V8 but was disappointed that it was so quiet and soulless. I stuck with it for a couple of years before finally deciding that I wanted something with a bit more flair and traded it in . With the help of an unexpected windfall, I bought a 2011 Jaguar XKR, with a 5.0 litre supercharged V8 motor producing 510 bhp, with special factory uprated engine management and transmission, and a top speed limited to 176mph. This is probably as close as I will ever get to owning a car with the capabilities of Ferrari-like performance but I still fantasise over the prospect of one day trading up to a 458 or 488. I've been lurking here for a while now, enjoying reading everyone's experiences of owning and driving such an iconic marque.

Marco

daytona355 likes this.
  19. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert

Welcome!!

Marco Polo likes this.
  20. daytona355

daytona355 F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2009
    London
    Full Name:
    Sid Korshak

The Jag engine is a piece of work, very smooth, definately fast and can be made to sound awesome. What about a C63, the previous model to current. I had one of those and it was explosive and sounded like a Viking with a bad chest

21. datboiwill

datboiwill Rookie

Jan 11, 2018
    H-Town
    Full Name:
    Will Stoneking
    Well my first post... let’s see how this goes. Greetings from Houston! I have always had a passion for cars and have owned many lovely cars but never a Ferrari. Just recently I purchased a 599 GTO and I am very excited for what lies ahead with my new car. Feels good to finally be apart of the Ferrari family!

Will

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

22. NYFAIM

NYFAIM Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 22, 2015
    Las Vegas
    Full Name:
    Howard R.
    Hi all, and hello from the wet and damp Pacific NW. Owning a Ferrari has been a dream of mine for some time, and with a little luck, it should happen sometime in the next 12 months. In the meantime I'm checking the classifieds and doing my research - pretty sure what I want (need?) is a 458, Rosso Corsa with either tan/black interior. We're also planning a move from the NW to the Las Vegas area in the next year or two since we have just sold our businesses and are ready for a little more sunshine.

Howard.

23. Raydog9379

Raydog9379 Karting

Jan 10, 2018
    Full Name:
    Ray
    Hi, I'm Ray from outside of Chicago. Here's my story....

I have been a Corvette guy for a while. Restored a 78 and owned it over the last 13 years. Bought it before we got married, spent a ton on paint/interior, etc.. and then it sat for several years with just being started every month or so and driven very little over time. Life just got in the way... work/kids, etc.. and I lost interest. This past year I really got back into it and started finishing off some projects on it. I've hung out in Corvette Forums for

So where does Ferrari come into this? Wife and I always had a running joke the last 10 years about daycare payments (and having an Au Pair for a few years) with the 3 kids essentially being our Ferrari payments. At a couple grand a month it's prob. close. So flash forward to now where our youngest is going to be hitting Kindergarten in the fall. We were visiting our former Au Pair's family in Italy over Christmas. They conveniently live on a farm about 1km from the factory in Maranello. I took the 2 boys to the museum and it was awesome. A couple days later some relative of hers knows someone and I find myself driving a brand new California T HS in the roads around Maranello with the top down (was in the 60's that day and perfect out), with my 8 year old. Merry Christmas to me :) We had the time of our lives, and I'm hooked. Wife said after that we should just start saving the difference in childcare payments and in a couple years buy one.

With that, I'm doing my homework. Something I wish I did before I bought my 78 Corvette. It ended up costing me several thousand more because I didn't and bought on impulse because it looked good. I would have also gone in a different direction car wise and bought a 69 tri power with side pipes but that's here nor there at this point.I now have a car I'm way upside down on, though it's gorgeous. When I go to buy my Ferrari, I could buy new or used given the budget. I'll have socked away $150-200k plus whatever I sell the Vette for to use on the car and could finance the rest if needed. I don't want to take a 30k soaking for just driving it off the lot, so leaning towards a year old low mileage car based on what I see so far on the forum. Though I've seen some gorgeous cars that people have configured when buying new, so could be swayed either way. Practicality and cost wise I'm probably looking at the Portofino. I'd imagine it would be easier to drive around for normal use than a 488 in terms of being able to go to the store or whatnot and haul a kid or 2 in the back if needed. Though I'd imagine the "normal use" I'm talking is like 1-2k miles a year tops. But the 488 is drop dead gorgeous.

So there's my story... I'll be lurking around, but doing so to join the club soon and make the right purchase vs. an impulse buy.

24. rampar

rampar Rookie

Nov 1, 2008
    Phx, AZ
    Full Name:
    Ramin Mahmoodi
    I feel I can post here, I've been lurking for almost a decade now! I have a couple posts but went off the radar while working on my career, so didn't really have a car. Family and I were living in San Francisco for the past few years, but we're back in the Phoenix, AZ area...

Currently have an 09 R8 and 15 991.1 GTS (love this car) but wife said she was ready to move on. So now we're looking at a 458 Spyder...waiting to find the right one. It helps when the wife loves sports cars too!

I'll still be lurking but hoping to be more active in the FChat community and Ferrari lifestyle. Going to check out the subscription options...I feel after all these years just pulling down bandwidth from this site it's the least I can do ;)

25. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    welcome to community! I just got my first Porsche, a 991.1 too and loving it. Ferrari is my first love though.