Local passing | FerrariChat

Local passing

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by Chelle, Apr 21, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    FYI, Skip (Craig) Williamson (DaRolls) passed away. He was needing another heart operation and I don't yet know the details but he has passed away. I'll share them details when i know more. I know as his health declined, he burned some bridges and was constantly being banned, but I thought some might want to know...

I've had his 308qv for the last 3 years.. so now a daily reminder that he never got healthy enough in the last 3 years to go for that last ride he wanted to take.

2. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    May he Rest In Peace.

He and I corresponded regularly when he was on the board, and during bans.

He was passionate about cars and was a nice guy.

I hope he's in a better place.

Mike

3. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Thanks for sharing and sorry to hear about his passing. Hopefully he's enjoying car heaven

4. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    RIP Craig. I also exchanged some dialog with him.

5. Dave Bendl

Dave Bendl Formula Junior

Dec 7, 2003
    Chicagoland
    Full Name:
    Dave Bendl
    Thanks for posting Chelle. I'm sure he is in good hands. Bill Rosen is with him.

6. Chelle

Chelle Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 6, 2003
    N. burbs of Chicago
    Full Name:
    Michelle
    #6 Chelle, Apr 21, 2017
    Last edited: Apr 21, 2017
    The service is only going to be for immediate family. Dave, I tried to call you but your VM was full. You knew Skip in the real world even longer than me so I wanted to make sure you knew. I have his sister's number if you need it.

Skip really did love the cars, and his car friends, just a week ago we talked about his desire to drive the 308 if possible after his pending surgery. He said he was sincerely worried he wouldn't make it to the surgery. I don't know if he did yet as I'm trying not to push his sister too hard. He passed on the 18th, which was the date he told me he was likely to have surgery. A few years ago he had a quintuple bypass and heart valve replacement and during the surgery he lost a lot of his vision. The new surgery was going to be to replace the other valve. He sold the Rolls a few years ago and was largely stuck at home the last couple years with his pets (a parrot named Roger, a Ferret named Mittens and a cat named Misty). Haley, Kim, and I are taking in his pets so they won't have to go to shelters.

I'll update more when I know.. it's nice to know there are still members who remember him fondly here.
    Bill, Skip, and Dave were among the first Ferrari people I met when I came onto the Chicago scene 18 years ago.. so many wonderful memories

7. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    R.I.P.
    Had some interesting PM exchanges with him.

8. Daytona Rick

Daytona Rick Formula 3

Jan 23, 2005
    Windy City
    Full Name:
    Rick
    Sorry to hear the news. RIP Skip!

9. Dino V

Dino V Formula 3

Sep 21, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Dino
    Sorry to hear, RIP Skip. Years back, he had brought out his Rolls to one of my events.

10. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    #10 tifosi12, Jun 12, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Uh, oh. Didn't see that until now.

Very sad to hear.

RIP Skip, you'll be missed. You were a gentleman Ferrari owner and your meticulous 308 is testimony to that.

That said I know you enjoyed your time on Earth and as Dave said so poignantly I hope you have a party with Bill up there now.

Chelle and Haley and Kim, thanks for taking care of Skip's pet companions. Glad they are in good hands.

Skip did not have an easy time on here and I came to his defense many times (which probably didn't endear me to my fellow mods). He will never be forgotten, the brief time we shared was spectacular in Ferrari terms and I have plenty of great memories.

Good bye my friend, until later.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    Rest in peace. He seemed like a nice guy. I have 3 ferrets, if you need someone to take care of Mittens, I'd be happy to adopt another