Legit check on PWCPRO785 | FerrariChat

Legit check on PWCPRO785

Discussion in 'New England' started by wheelman76, Jun 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    I am considering Kevin's 360 that he has listed here on Fchat and he mentioned that he's done all of the service work on the car during his ownership tenure. He suggested that I do this thread to get some feed back from those that know him.

I don't want to say this doesn't give me some level of pause, but I want to be openminded on buying a 360 with no dealer paper work. My other issue is I'm considering a fly in and drive it home to West side of Michigan if I go through with it (a 13 hour drive) and I want to have some peace about taking such a journey with this car. Can anyone give some insight into Kevin and the work he's done on his car while he's owned it?

2. StreamlineGT

StreamlineGT Formula Junior

Aug 30, 2010
    Marlborough, CT
    Full Name:
    Brendon
    I would say Kevin is OCD, but he's not. He's not one to wash his hands twelve times because he needs to wash his hands twelve times before dinner. He will, however, wash his hands twelve times before dinner if his hands need washing twelve times.

One word to describe Kevin is thorough. His thoroughness comes from his professional life where he is on staff of the management firm overseeing, what I would call, the most prestigious construction project ever undertaken in this country. Nothing left unfinished, no loose ends that need tying. That is his mission.

I've known Kevin my entire Ferrari owning life, about 4 years. He actually let me drive my first Ferrari, the one your are considering, because he could see I had a passion for automobiles, and a 360 of my own was on my radar. In my time knowing him, I have been to his house during a timing belt service, clutch service, and a multitude of other projects. Every time I see his car disassembled, I am in awe of what he has accomplished, as he explains to me the inner workings, the calibrations he must perform, and why he felt the need to go beyond the original scope of the project so he could feel confident in the final product.

Another word I would use to describe Kevin, is able. He is a very able mechanic, not only with his hands, but with his mind and confidence. Where his knowledge lacks, he researches. He has three ring binders of procedures printed out, along with schematics and first hand accounts of other people's experiences for reference. He makes every project look like he has done this before. He understands why he his doing it, and how it is to be done. His mechanical skill is such, that if he needs a tool, he doesn't buy it from Hill, he makes it himself in his basement machine shop.

This is no ordinary man you speak of, but a legend, even if in his own mind and of his friend's. I would have no reservations in dealing with Kevin, nor driving this car on your journey home.

Cheers,

Brendon

3. philvecc

philvecc Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Longmeadow, MA
    Full Name:
    Philip Vecchiarelli
    I would definitely trust the work Kevin has done on this car. He is a regular at our gatherings and his car is always spotless. If you spend any time talking with him you quickly realize how passionate he is about doing a job right. You won't find many 360s in the condition of both Kevins and Brendons cars.
    This is a pretty safe bet.

4. dipstick1

dipstick1 Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Peter Lombardo
    I have personally been in his garage when he was doing service work on his 360 and he is neat , clean and precise. He is extremely meticulous in his work and I would have complete confidence in his workmanship.

5. wheelman76

wheelman76 Formula 3

Feb 22, 2004
    Midwest
    Thank you for the feed back. Kevin and I have agreed upon a deal and I have tickets to fly out and pick it up with a childhood friend on the 24th. Should be an epic road trip back to Michigan.