Langlet 250GTO | FerrariChat

Langlet 250GTO

Discussion in 'France' started by bitzman, Mar 8, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bitzman

bitzman F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 15, 2008
    Ontario, CA
    Full Name:
    wallace wyss
    S'il vous plaît excuser mon Google Français
    Je vous écris un court article sur la Ferrari 250GTO détenue par un facteur français ( nous appelons facteur ) nommé Langlet . Je souhaite connaître son premier nom et ce que les rumeurs sont qu'il a acheté pour , et ce qu'il a vendu pour . On m'a dit qu'il a vendu parce qu'il craignait qu'il serait volé , mais ne pouvait pas se permettre de le mettre sur la route .
    Je vous remercie pour tous les détails .

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I think that you would probably stand a better chance to find that kind of information by a direct contact with the French enthusiasts of the GTO…(among which I certainly cannot be counted, because it is one of the few Ferraris that I do not like; not by snobbism, but because I don’t find it pretty; so sorry, but I do not have any interest for the 250 GTO).

This type of information cannot be known outside a small group of individuals who are, precisely, “in the know”: there is nothing publicly available about this history other than that the car was impounded by the french customs in 1970 when Lenglet (first name unknown…) tried to bring it to France, and it stayed under the customs' custody until 1986 when it was sold to Henri Chambon. This is the generally admitted story, but who knows? It might even be wrong, or uncomplete...

But someone really interested in the GTO might know the full history, or perhaps even have magazines, etc…from this time with the information?

Rgds

3. Pierre Coquet

Pierre Coquet Rookie

Mar 3, 2005
    F - 21340 Baubigny
    Full Name:
    Pierre Coquet
    I full agree with Nerofer, time is going and memory together…
    Lenglet (not sure his first name was Jean ?) was not ‘’facteur’’ (postman) but typograph. He was a true Ferrari enthusiast owning initially a 212.
    What he bought his GTO for in 1970 and what he sold it in 1986 is not important.
    Indeed, he had some problems with French customs when importing his car from Spain only by the fault of the seller but the GTO was soon released and stayed 15 years in Lenglet’s garage in his house from a suburb of Paris … together with his 250 SWB competition … until he sold both cars to Jacques Montanari (not Chambon).
    All the rest belong to those who lived those ‘’old good days’’.
    Best regards

4. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Lenglet:
    Jacques Alexandre Lenglet, resident at 31 bis, Avenue de Verdun in Romainville (Department Seine-Saint-Denis), Paris.
    Also owned 0116 A (from 23 November 1960 on and before Bardinon).

Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini