lamborghini reported stolen after i bought it | Page 5 | FerrariChat

lamborghini reported stolen after i bought it

Discussion in 'LamborghiniChat.com' started by 360spider, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    What's really unfortunate is that it was the fault of the original leasing company to fedex the clear title to a scumbag who netted $50k, fled the country, and the end result is probably going to be several hundred thousand in legal fees spread across all the players, part of which will be paid by insurance companies, and the rates for everyone else's business and personal insurance goes up due to such a "petty" fraud case that could have been avoided in the first place if the leasing company had taken the measures Roy originally mentioned.

2. Five

Five Formula Junior

Jun 15, 2006
    Silicon Valley, CA
    Oh my God, I just cut an artery in my leg and I'm bleeding badly.

Should I call a doctor?

I looked at www.doctors.com but I don't know who to call. Should I call "ophthalmologist" or a "pediatrician"?

Hey Mork from Ork, are you a doctor? Can you help me out here?

3. Mark from Ork

Mark from Ork Formula Junior

May 29, 2007
    Miami Biatch
    Yes, what is the point of THAT? I mean the guy made what? $50K? Unless he was consecutively doing it and taking the money from one deal and using it as the down on the next deal. Maybe he used the Gallardo money to lease a Murci, and pulled the same crap. I suppose if he put $100K down on the Murci and then sold it for $200K he might be a 'millionaire' in whatever foreign company he escaped to, probably South America somewhere.

To shift focus to the leasing company for a moment, I mean really, who sends the title out like that? I've leased alot of cars in this type of manner, over the internet deals from dealers many states away, and they always handle the registration.

In some states you need to do a 'out of state vehicle inspection' whereby before a company can register a car in that state by mailing it in from outside the state, the car has to be physically inspected (NOT emissions) and a form filled out attesting to the fact that the car is physically actually inside the state. Some people could use this to monkey around with stuff, but most leasing companies know to simply ask the leasee to go get the car inspected when they get it ,and mail back the form to the lessor, who then completes the registration by mail as normal.

What is also probably a certainty - the leasing companies insurer had the heartiest of laughs when they tried to file a claim, and told the rep that they sent the title out to the leasee...and subsequently, to add to the destruction levied by this criminal, someone or multiple someones lost their jobs at the leasing company too.

4. Craigy

Craigy Formula 3

Mar 19, 2006
    Louisiana
    Full Name:
    Craigy
    Well good then there's no problem.

5. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex

My friend is a great attorney and also an ex-car dealer!. Tell him Alex sent you and your situation. He will be happy to help you.Call him!
    Tim Combs
    714-658-2044

6. js430

js430 Formula Junior

Mar 9, 2005
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Jerry Kahane
    You can't skip the links in the chain. Each buyer needs to sue the seller, and the original leasing company needs to recover from their business insurance or eat the loss.

mksu19,
    what is your beef? Quit nitpicking.

7. alexkam

alexkam Formula 3

Mar 14, 2007
    Sunny CA
    Full Name:
    Alex

I completely agree. It goes all the way down the chain.

8. Cartmangio

Cartmangio Karting

Oct 1, 2005
    Cali
    Roy should reimburse Spider 360 and take it up with his insurance.
    As far as Mksu19, simply ignore him.
    He is a dumbazz and most of his posts are worthless anyways....

9. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler

Why should Roy give 360 his money back right away? The proper process is to have 360spider sue Roy and therefore Roy's insurance company can foot the bill, not Cats Exotics directly. Roy previously stated that this is just what he is waiting for.

This entire thread is a joke and nothing will be resolved. Why the OP decides to drag this out on the internet is unknown, and quite childish. Everyone now knows the situation... take it offline and come back with an update.

I feel bad for 360spider. But from his online persona he comes off like a foolish kid.

And as the age old saying goes: "a fool and their money are soon...." you know the rest.

I don't see what is so wrong with his posts (?)

10. Skyler

Skyler Formula 3

May 31, 2004
    Canada
    Full Name:
    Skyler
    Bingo. Well said.

11. pdisme

pdisme Formula 3

Oct 9, 2006
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Dave
    ROFL, I remember those threads!

12. jimangle

jimangle F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2003
    Haverford
    Full Name:
    James
    Just a thought,

Maybe this guy is a Con Artist, actually stole the car, and he's posing as the real owner who is out of town, and has a phony title made up, and is claiming that it's really his car.

You never know.
    Jim

13. pdisme

pdisme Formula 3

Oct 9, 2006
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I'm still trying to figure out how the purported mastermind behind the whole thing knew that if he dumped $50k into the leasing company he'd be able to get the title to sell the car; seems like a lot of cash to put out with a limited return and chance of success.

14. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    #94 posts before someone got it right----The OP has to deal with Cats to start the process of retrieving money or the vehicle--His contract was with Cats and Cats alone...

15. I am guessing that 360 paid for the car in full, just imagine the mess if he took out a loan on the car, and another bank had a lien on it now!

16. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Word (Werd)

Let's see Roy. I buy a car from you. The car does not have clear title. You refuse to refund my money and suggest I sue someone else than you? BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

Note to self: "NEVER BUY A CAR FROM ROY"

IMHO besides suing Roy I think 360's Lawyer should show Roy's post to the WA State Attorney General and DMV Dealers Division.

IMHO Ferrari Chat Does Not Need Sponsor's who would not immediately refund the money payed for a car they sold that had defective title for what ever reason period.

Roy what part of:

"Each state has their laws governing licensed car dealerships. Licensed car dealerships cannot sell stolen cars, or fraudulently obtained or fraudulently titled cars."

don't you understand?

17. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    The question that I hinted at earlier was why Cats is at the epicenter of so much controversy with alarming frequency.

I know Cats is not in wrong on this one, and I understand his reasoning behind ignoring his customer and refusing to issue a simple check for 115K if he's worth $150 million and calling it insurance fraud issues...fine, I can deal with that.

But what's with the perpetual onslaught of drama that CATS attracts?

It's always something. Kit car parts called aftermarket. Accusing owners of insurance fraud when clearly there was none. I could list more, but there is an epidemic surrounding Roy that is ignored or more properly labeled as needing to be moderated by the powers that be that run this site. I appreciate the slow moderate approach; it gives a balance to an issue or issues when balance is needed.

I just think that a quality site such as F-Chat is better off without with CATS as a sponsor.

18. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    which car was this ?

19. Joe360

Joe360 Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2007
    Germany&Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Tell me, if you really care so much about the quality of Fchat, why don't you help by getting subscribed?

20. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    This is how I see this, if I purchased a car from anyone and this happened I would go ballistic.

Andrew

21. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    OK,so Roy is not "technically" guilty of selling a stolen car.
    Netherless,he is the final dealer who sold the car to its current owner ,so he should be sued for full refund.
    Then he(Roy) can go after whoever sold that car to him.
    It is not the responsibility of the poster to find the guilty party,he purchased the car fair and square from Roy and that's where the responsibilty of Client/Dealer belongs.

22. elpadrino

elpadrino Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2005
    Bogota NJ
    Full Name:
    Gabriel

Honestly Lets put the same situation in another context and see how everyone feels---I dont know roy but have had several conversations with him and he is a straight up guy --

Lets say you have a dog, it bites a child - the child goes to the ER has plastic surgery the whole 9 as result- then there needs to be compensation- Is that child (family of course) going to ask you DIRECTLY for the money ? are you going to write the family a check to cover their medical bills and then ask your insurance for a reimbursement ? OF COURSE NOT ! you will apologize - give the number to your insurance company and let them handle it - HOW is this any different?

In no way ever should ROY just GIVE someone their money back in a situation like this- let them go through the insurance company just like EVERYONE else would make him do- If i get hurt at work you think my boss is going to give me some money out of his pocket and then call the insurance company for reimbursement

I swear some people should not have money until they pass a logic and iq test.

Roy has done everything reasonable to help this joke - let HIM get HIS money back-

23. Countachqv

Countachqv Formula 3

Apr 25, 2007
    USA/France
    Roy has made a good clear description of this matter. Both of you got taken but no one was negligent. It will be interesting to know how this ends up. There is no way that anyone would have know of this at the time of the sale to the poster. not even with the buyer doing due diligence. That is what is so scary.

My opinion is the poster will get his car or money back and the leasing company should lose with a good lawyer. Clearly the whole issue is the the leasing co made a stupid mistake and then tries to recover at someone else expense. A common sense judge would look at this in a bad light.

All parties involved in the car transaction will get checked out for misleading statement or negligence. but this case is not a stolen car issue it is a fraud due to the leasing company.

In fact one could say this: the leasing company could be on the scam with the non US citizen to defraud the final buyer or someone else! Think about it. 2 parties making a seamingly stupid deal and then going after someone else for it. What is this company background?

I'll say the poster goes after the leasing co. It is not clear to me they are a victim at all or someone in there is on on the scam. Too stupid to be clean.

All other are simply wihtnesses.

24. absent

absent F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 2, 2003
    illinois
    Full Name:
    mark k.
    Again,it is really very simple,you buy the car from a legitimate dealer,you find out the car is stolen,you go after dealer who sold you the car.
    You don't care how he got it.

25. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I mean what more really needs to be said. I think it’s clear that Roy (don’t know him from Adam) did nothing wrong during the sale process he was also not aware of the title issues, he was also caught in a very bad situation. However AFTER THE SALE as I learned in business, when a customer has a problem like this you take care of it right away. I said it a few posts back, If I ever bought a car from a dealer and that happened to me I would go BALISTIC if it was dealt in this maner post sale. The dealer sold him the car that has a bad title END OF STORY (and made a nice PROFIT). If The dealer took care of it right away it would have been a title problem that the dealer took care of. I fully understand the situation that Roy said and understand the context of him saying sue me, however a good business man would have never taken it this far – You make your customer whole and deal with the insurance people yourself. If I was sold this car and the dealer told me to “go get a lawyer” as he even said on this thread "go get a lawyer" are you kidding me!!!!!! I would be SO pissed I would make that dealer pay as much as my lawyer thought we could get just because I was so FURIOUS.

And I am not a big fan of lawyers.

Andrew