Jim carpenter "GTO" cars | FerrariChat

Jim carpenter "GTO" cars

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by Russ Gould, Nov 4, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    Apparently there are a lot of these 288 308 cars out there. Anyone care to comment on the accuracy , quality and durability of these cars?

2. Russ Gould

Russ Gould Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2004
    Hopefully his cars are better than his responsiveness .. I bought another car waiting for Carpenter to get back to me on a car he had for sale.

Norwood had one of Carpenter's cars in his shop and he noted that the front was put on crooked, the panels were glued to the remnants of the metal panels, the wiring harness was cut in 4 places, and the long coolant hose was glassed into the chassis making it impossible to replace. May be competitive rivalry but it was pretty specific. Norwood fixed the car, as best he could, for a customer.

3. Vintage47

Vintage47 Karting

Oct 16, 2005
    Bought an engine from Jim Carpenter. He totally misrepresented the item, did not refund my money and responded to my attempts to communicate with excuses. He denies that he cheated. Trusting him and making the deal was a very, I say again, very expensive mistake.