is this s Schedoni luggage set? | Page 14 | FerrariChat

is this s Schedoni luggage set?

Discussion in '308/328' started by Albert-LP, Oct 3, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ME308

ME308 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Michael
    the description is worth noting ... :)

the seller says, the set was kind of a barn find after more than 15 years of storage in his parents house - he inherited the schedoni set from his grandmother who`s second husband bought it somewhen in the eighties although he drove a Porsche and never a Ferrari - at that time, the family thought that those cases where simply merchandising stuff like all the other "red suitcases with yellow badges" that where offered everywhere...

the seller saved them literally from "beeing thrown away", only because he liked the old leather and the obvious classic looks as well as the elegant appearance
    only recently when google-ing, he suddenly found out about the originality and the potential value of this schedoni luggage set

the cases are described "as new", missing only the keys
    he cleaned off the dust but sofar did not use leather care or anything else because he did not want to harm the leather and leave the appropriate TLC to the next owner

the seller is willing to send more photos (even showing the daily newspaper in the pic ;)
    he plans to spend the proceeds on a journey for his parents who alway wished to visit Canada and whose 50th wedding day is coming right up ;)

the way the auction is described, the story sounds plausible and credible enough -
    price is without reserve and about fair market

we´ll see :)

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Yes; I read the description, my German is still good enough for reading (speaking in German is getting another matter nowadays...); after all, the story could be possible, why not?
    But the starting price is rather stiff , nevertheless...

Rgds

3. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    #328 VetroresinaNL, Jun 30, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  4. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    Auction was last month and set shows as unsold

5. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    From what I can see it's an incomplete set.

6. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    Well yes, of course it is incomplete: it is missing its shoe box (= the one with the curved side).
    Even if the add calls the cubic vanity case "shoe box", the real shoe box is missing. Furthermore, as it is of a rather rare color (I would say "tan", but certainly not "cream", which, in Ferrari parlance, is much lighter, rather off-white) the odds of finding the missing shoe box, or one in a matching tan, is about one in a zillion.

Rgds

7. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Speaking of colours, does anyone here know how many different leather colours Schedoni made for the 308/328 luggage set. Was it available in all the matching interior colours of the actual cars?

8. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    No, not on catalogue, but it could be matched to the interior leather were you ready to wait and pay extra when ordering it: I have seen a set or two in "crema" for instance.
    There were only two available colors for the luggage set when ordering the car, Brown or Black, although the colors of the hides for "Brown" do indeed vary on a large spectrum from "light honey" through all shades of "tan" to "dark Brown".

Rgds

9. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Yes, Bruno is correct: as they were custom produced sets, you could have them in any color, through a special order.
    But here the most common was the brown (cuoio) color.
    Special color sets are very rare and very hard to match if they are incompete. for what i saw (I saw many...), I think at least 90% of them were brown.

ciao

10. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Schedoni make some very beautifully shaped luggage!!

11. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    #338 nerofer, Aug 11, 2017
  12. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #339 Albert-LP, Aug 11, 2017
  13. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    It's from an early "Turbo" set, Alberto, isn't it?
    I have one more or less of the same dimensions, from a "Mondial T" set I think, in tan, but not exactly the same pattern of opening and handles. I use it with the two small bags of the 328 set, because it is much more convenient than the two large cases of the original set.
    (and I have also one in Black...)

Rgds

14. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    That's one of my favourite pieces too.

15. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    It's actually bigger "in the flesh" than you think it would looking at the pictures; I have one as a piece of decoration in my living room here in Paris, and it is much admired by visitors as a beautiful luggage piece.

Rgds

16. VetroresinaNL

VetroresinaNL Formula 3
    BANNED

Oct 25, 2012
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Vetroresina
    My wife does not allow me to show any Schedoni luggage in the living room!!

17. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    #344 Albert-LP, Aug 11, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 11, 2017
    Yes, Bruno: That's the early 208 turbo big suitcase. Just 23 units of that model were made, then they changed badge, opening and leather. While there are 399 F40 luggage sets.

Ciao

18. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    #345 nerofer, Aug 14, 2017
    That's the one I actually find the most useful: I think it comes from a "Mondial T" set, but I'm not sure. Exactly the same dimensions as the two large thin cases of the original 328 set, but much easier and more convenient to use (plus that one is not flaking inside...).
    I have one in tan (here) and one in black.

Rgds
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    This is very close to the 208 turbo (1983-1989) Schedoni branded big suitcase. This was produced in much more pieces

Ciao

20. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Schedoni experts, do they still make fitted luggage sets for all the current range of Ferrari vehicles and if so do they still produce a brochure to see the range?

My friend has a 488 Spyder on order and would be interested in some fitted luggage.

I went to the website but I couldn't see the current range listed, only random examples of luggage they have made.

Is there a current product range list available somewhere?

21. Albert-LP

Albert-LP F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Sep 1, 2010
    around Modena, Italy
    Full Name:
    Alberto Mantovani
    Yes, of course: He should ask to the local Ferrari dealership

Schedoni today produces all the luggage sets for actual Ferrari, Lamborghini, Pagani, Rolls Royce, Bentley and others

Ciao

22. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    For anything branded "Ferrari", Schedoni sells exclusively through the official Ferrari network. The agreement they have with the Ferrari factory does not allow them to sell directly.

Rgds

23. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    Thank you guys. Do you know if they produce a catalogue of their current products?