Is it time for gun control in Washington? | Page 51 | FerrariChat

Is it time for gun control in Washington?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Aircon, Sep 17, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I hate that section of fchat, had it deleted from my profile many years ago, stress levels dropped dramatically :)

2. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    +355F1

I pulled a neck muscle from shaking my head so much the few times I've looked in there.

3. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

I don't even like to go in there to moderate it.

I signed out of that forum maybe 6 or 7 years ago, but with Rob asking me to help with the new software, I'm seeing it 24/7 on the homepage.

They are out of control. It makes you guys seem positively civilized when you talk politics. :D

D

4. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Not all of us have had our souls sucked out by the illogical arguments put up by the 2A guys. I have however, had my soul crushed on occasion by the guys who pass themselves off as flag waving patriots in the P&R section who are, in fact, doing their best to repopulate the John Birch Society.

Don't be fooled, the sentiments expressed there are not the same as a large portion of Americans. You're skimming off the top, er bottom, of the political opinion barrel with the thoughts of many there. It's NOT a reflection of a larger societal problem, although the proliferation of guns in pursuit of a "well regulated militia" is.

D

5. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I think it should be deleted Dave

Before it existed many, many years ago there were lots of genuinely nice guys I enjoyed bantering with and they were very helpful for Ferrari related stuff.

Then you see these SAME great people become raving lunatics , bombastically demonising other members purely because they don't share their beliefs in the political world.

What they don't realise is that NO amount of words will ever change someone's attitude in the political shere, you're either a godless, parasitical leftie, a money-grubbing right wing nut job or , like me, someone that weighs up the argument from both sides and gets called a fence sitter.

Normally the overbearing right are just plain rude and obnoxious while the bleeding heart lefties (liberals in your speak) want everyone else to pay their way through life.

The truth is somewhere in the middle, there are people who have made it all on their own via hard work and many years of working for very little and long hours and then they are generous with their money and help out lots of people and don't expect to be praised for it.

Same with the lefties who have grandiose ideas but no idea how to fund it other than to tax the people with money, I hate this option as the money they take is not used wisely so they come back for more !!

Then there are people who are disabled through no fault of their own and need assistance through life .............. this would be the participants in the P&R section :p

6. dirtdog

dirtdog Karting

Jul 31, 2005
    #1256 dirtdog, Oct 9, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 9, 2017
    Well I thought I might add my thoughts and experience to this thread. Guns...I have a few for different reasons, mainly for pest destruction on farm and clay target shooting. Pest destruction is mainly foxes and if you have ever seen a lamb with its face bitten off in front of its eyes and still walking around or a lamb with its tongue taken and still bleating for its mother you have a certain distain for the cunny red fox. The "indian minor" is another pest. It's never a nice feeling to have to take the life of an animal but sometimes there is a certain amount of justification. Anyone who eats meat has to accept this reality but that's another thread on another forum. Another reason I find it necessary to take some control over the fauna which inhabits my farm is to protect the native species of birds, lizards, goannas, ducks and a host of other creatures threatened by introduced species. I can't fix the ills of the past but I try to help keep a balance in favour of our native species. Clay target shooting is my hobby which I enjoy.
    Australian gun laws are an example for a lot of other countries to follow. Initially I thought they were too harsh but I now believe that they are as good as we can get with a bunch of politicians making the laws. There are some anomalies but basically getting rid of any military style of weapon is a good starting point for any countries looking to reform their gun laws.
    Seat belts..no argument..use them or suffer. We lost a 23yo daughter in a car accident because she was not wearing her seat belt.( Please no comments as it can't be changed and only those who have been there really know).10 years ago. Changes what's important in life. Having a Ferrari dropped of the bucket list, well maybe went to the bottom.
    Anyway that's my thoughts and hope it helps to give a view from the hill to some contentious issues that wont be fixed by us Fchatters taking shots(better choice of words would have been better!) at each other.
    Graham. (In hindsight my user name was not the best but dirt and dogs are what its all about)

7. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I don't think anyone has a problem with farmers having a gun or 10, TBH.

8. Horse

Horse Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2005
    Brisvegas
    Full Name:
    Jon
    I would have no problem with Wes owning 10 guns. ;)

9. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Leave wes alone. He knows what he's doing.

10. FazzerPorscheman

FazzerPorscheman F1 World Champ

Jul 28, 2010
    Piz Gloria
    Full Name:
    EnzoFerdinand
    #1260 FazzerPorscheman, Oct 10, 2017
    Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
  11. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
  12. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
  13. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    I love this guy

1. 26 replies187 retweets793 likes

2. Image Unavailable, Please Login Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump 10h10 hours ago
      I was recently asked if Crooked Hillary Clinton is going to run in 2020? My answer was, "I hope so!"

14. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    In a country where a dog poo can get over 1000 likes :rolleyes:

15. simon klein

simon klein Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
  16. Aircon

BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    Probably the best president ever.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Donald J. Trump‏Verified account @realDonaldTrump
    Unemployment is down to 4.1%, lowest in 17 years. 1.5 million new jobs created since I took office. Highest stock Market ever, up $5.4 trill

17. Steve355F1

Steve355F1 F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 26, 2011
    Adelaide, South Aust
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Definitely. Can we borrow him for a while?

Aircon likes this.
  18. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Fake news

19. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Aircon likes this.
  20. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    day 309 of the year and 307 mass murders by shooting in the US, I'd say that's pretty well controlled to less than one per day ......... well done you ****ing clowns

Aircon likes this.
  21. kerrari

kerrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 22, 2004
    Coolum Beach AUSTRALIA
    Full Name:
    Karen H.
    Actually I think that is correct - problem is that the mental health issue isn't with just one nutter, but a large section of the community who think ordinary people need guns to keep them 'safe'. Did you see in the P&R section re this event the guy who feels good because his CHURCH includes undercover armed security in their services...talk about fallen down the rabbithole!

22. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    I'd feel a lot safer if I saw some guys on my flights with fully automatic weapons "protecting" us o_O

I hear they're changing the P&R to N&L (nutters and losers) :p

dm_n_stuff likes this.
  23. simon klein

Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 25, 2009
    North Qld
    Full Name:
    simon klein
    Yes re the church security comments .

It WAS a semi automatic assault weapon that he was not actually allowed to have,given his history.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/06/us/texas-shooting-church.html