Interest for COTA in Feb?? | FerrariChat

Interest for COTA in Feb??

Discussion in 'Tracking & Driver Education' started by Sicilian1, Nov 19, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sicilian1

Sicilian1 Karting

Oct 7, 2013
    Bethesda,MD
    I was looking for some track events in a warmer climate to get my Ferrari back on the track. Most are 2 days which makes it hard to justify the travel but found a 3 day event at COTA in Feb with On Line Registration.

Thought it would be fun to have some fellow F-Chat member join in as you never want to be the lone Ferrari. Anyone interested??

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Have you ever been to one of their events? How much track time to you get?

3. Sicilian1

Sicilian1 Karting

Oct 7, 2013
    Bethesda,MD
    I have done one event with MVP track time at Road America. Standard 2hrs per day and it was also a 3 day event. I have not seen the COTA schedule yet. Thought it was a good group of guys and very well run. I just found the 3 days appealing as it is a haul for me.

4. ByeEnzo

ByeEnzo Formula Junior

Nov 29, 2008
    Tejas
    Full Name:
    Lorenzo Bandini
    I've run there with MVP the last 4 years. COTA is an awesome track. Mark runs a good program. No nonsense. Bringing the Gulf GT4 this time!

5. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    Went last Feb and in for this coming Feb - well run event and good track time per day ...

Another plus is we won't have to stop for Bernie this coming Feb :)

6. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    MVP, Chin, Edge Addicts, they all run great events out there. Slightly different formats, but pretty close to the same track time and the same pricing per day.

Late Feb should be fine weatherwise, but still in that iffy area of winter where we have no idea what it will be like. For instance this past weekend at COTA - Saturday was rainy in the morning in the 70's and Sunday was in the 20's and low 30's all day long.

7. sws4re

sws4re Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2006
    Olathe Ks
    Full Name:
    Scott Sweat
    I will be there along with a couple of friends. We will be in a white GTR as I can't talk him into bringing his CS down there. I'll Look for you and introduce myself. Was there a couple years back with CCR and had a blast so can't wait to be back!

8. sws4re

sws4re Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2006
    Olathe Ks
    Full Name:
    Scott Sweat
    #8 sws4re, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  9. Ky1e

Ky1e Formula 3

Mar 4, 2011
    FL
    I'm going. Bringing both my McLarens. Never been to COTA and I need some seat time there before my race there.

10. ProCoach

ProCoach F1 Veteran
    Owner

Sep 15, 2004
    VIR Raceway
    Full Name:
    Peter Krause
    #10 ProCoach, Feb 22, 2017
    Last edited: Feb 22, 2017
  11. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    I get to race there in March. 50 car group should make for fun traffic and rain would only make it more interesting.

12. sws4re

sws4re Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2006
    Olathe Ks
    Full Name:
    Scott Sweat
    For what its worth we had a blast! I thought it was ran very well. There were a few failures as to be expected with any track day that caused some delays for some of the groups but still had a bunch of track time. Would recommend this event for anyone wanting a chance to drive COTA. Needed more Ferraris there as I would say it was about 70% Porsche. We got some rain Sunday but it was a great learning experience on smoothness and car control so it was all good!

13. nickd

nickd Formula Junior

Nov 20, 2006
    Landenberg PA
    Full Name:
    Nick Dunlop
    another good event again this year - didn't mind all the GT3RS :)