I am heavenly modifying a Modena 250 California spyder | FerrariChat

I am heavenly modifying a Modena 250 California spyder

Discussion in 'Recreations & Non-Period Rebodies' started by Mattie69, Nov 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mattie69

Mattie69 Karting

Aug 26, 2016
    Hi
    I bought a ferris buellers day Modena California Spyder (fiberglass) built in the late 80s I and have been doing all the body and interior modifications to get the original tail lights,door handles,bumpers,correct convertible top,windshield frame ,side vents ,headlights,rockers ,dash ,instruments,steering colum etc,,I thought about posting the progress pictures as the car is transformed and hopefully get input from members as the project progresses thru the next 4-6 months and create something interesting on this forum,but frankly after reading many of the post on recreations and replicas it seems there are so many snobs that forgot what auto sports was really about...I am knew on this site, let me know if you would like me to post progress pictures of my project....btw I have owned 8 Ferraris over the years and have dismantled over 250 for parts,just thought doing something vintage you could actually take out to dinner might be fun and affordable
    Regards Matt

2. 360modena2003

360modena2003 Formula 3

Jul 11, 2009
    Please do share! We all love build threads!

3. MikeRSR

MikeRSR Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2009
    Surrey, England
    Matt, you have to post about the car and please, lot's of pictures of your progress!

The thing about reps is if you are going to all the trouble of doing one, do it well. The devil as always is in the detail, and it's the level of detail you achieve that will dictate how successful it is in the end.

Good luck with it and as I said, keep us posted!

4. PAUL500

PAUL500 F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2013
    Start a build thread down in the special projects section at the bottom of the forum, lots more open minded people take a peek and ask questions there.

This subforum is meant for Ferrari based vintage versions so this thread may well be moved there for you by a mod anyway.

Look forward to seeing the car :) I have ongoing project in that subforum as well.

5. pcelenta

pcelenta Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Please post Matt! As I have mentioned to you in the past, I have been hording bits and pieces to do my own cal spyder "tribute" at some point. Honestly who cares what the snoots have to say. For years my 308 was poo-poohed by the snobs. Someone is always going to have something to say. Build what you like and drive and enjoy the hell out of it. I really am curious as to the mods you've made. I've looked at the Modena and so much of it is off compared to any of the cal spyders made both long and short wheelbase. The nose is wrong. The doors too big. Oddly the wheelbase is the same as a LWB spyder but the proportions are no where near the same. Look forward to seeing your mods.

6. Mattie69

Mattie69 Karting

Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks for the info ,I will post some pics in the special project forum
    Regards
    Matt

7. Mattie69

Mattie69 Karting

Aug 26, 2016
    Thanks for the info ,I will post some pics in the special project forum
    Regards
    Matt