How many miles have you driven your 348/F355? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How many miles have you driven your 348/F355?

Discussion in '348/355' started by Robb, Sep 30, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GeorgeG

GeorgeG Karting

Oct 3, 2012
    Dublin, ohio
    Full Name:
    George Gianakopoulos
    1998 355 spider, 20,000 miles in 5 yrs in Ohio, ( 43k total) in nice weather only as AC has never held a charge ( nobody can find the compression leak, wife no ride in car if ambient too hot) and roof leaks so I don't let it sit in the rain

I guess I run it hard enough, red line when out in the country with looks from farmers when they hear Nouvulari SS exhaust; it just wails, thanks Glen L.

Has never left me stranded, starts every time, I'm convinced is a super reliable car although I don't drive it days when i will be sitting in traffic.
    Prev owner had engine out maint right before I bought. I had engine out maint last month, the only major expense. Well, OK, the cats died so when engine out, put new cats on with the new SS exhaust. Runs like a scalded dog.

This fall, I may send my immobilizer to Gobble as he can work his magic and extract the orig PIN, no more rolling codes on clone fob although in 5 years have just used orig fob and I don't lock anyway as sometimes the alarm would randomly go off.

The thing is bulletproof

Robb likes this.
  2. Enzojr

Enzojr F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2013
    West of PDX
    Full Name:
    Tomy
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

I just ruined mine, went over the 40,000 mark ;)
    Now it's just another HIGH miles used car.
    Maybe lost a $1 in value for every mile I have put on it, I could care less :)
    Probably spent another $1 in maintenance for every mile also, I could care less ;)
    Next year the engine out service is going to cost me a small fortune, again I could care less ;)
    I can't hang a F355 on my wall, so I have to drive it.

Robb, GeorgeG and 308 GTB like this.
  3. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I hate to break it to you Ron but Robbs math is way off.
    You drove it almost double that at 78 miles a year.
    Hopefully that does not ruin your week.

Lol

Robb likes this.
  4. tommygunct

tommygunct Karting

Dec 26, 2012
    Stuart florida
    A poster would have been a lot cheaper and renting a car when you want to go for a ride. Go drive that car. Ship it to me I will put 20k on it by April. ;--))

Bertil likes this.
  5. dparker94348

dparker94348 Rookie

Mar 1, 2009
    Houston
    Full Name:
    David J. Parker
    Robb likes this.
  6. Roth

Roth Formula Junior

Apr 1, 2016
    Pepsi Generation
    You guys in the Middle North and North East America are so lucky. Winter season here in LaLa Land is short. Now enough days for driving. Only 1,000 miles in about three years. Very disappointing. :(

7. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
  8. jjtjr

jjtjr Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2016
    Vermont
    Full Name:
    john truskowski
    Well I think that the season has drawn to a close.:( But I was able to put on 500 miles this year.:) Loved every minute!

Robb likes this.
  9. joe1973

joe1973 Formula Junior

Nov 12, 2016
    NJ
    I'm hoping to get a few hundred more miles this year. Hoping for favorable weather this coming thanksgiving or one more weekend drive to NY or CT. Love driving this car and know many appreciate seeing it on the road.

Robb likes this.
  10. SethP

SethP Karting

Jul 2, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Full Name:
    Seth Parks
    1500 miles in just over 3 months daily driving in SoCal. Love every second of it! I may have to get back in the 911 for a few days if it actually rains this winter.

Robb likes this.
  11. Way2fast

Way2fast Formula 3

May 24, 2006
    Santa Barbara County
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Ferraris don't melt in the rain

12. steved033

steved033 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Apr 12, 2017
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Steve D.
    they just leak. LOL!

sjd
    who is just being a smartass today.

13. SethP

SethP Karting

Jul 2, 2014
    Corning, NY
    Full Name:
    Seth Parks
    Hahaha, true. But it's easy to spoil it like that in SoCal so why not!?

14. vdettore

vdettore Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2017
    Georgia Coast
    Full Name:
    Vince
    Qavion and ernie like this.
  15. FrederickWhite50

Feb 22, 2018
    USA
    Full Name:
    F. White
    My prior 355 ('98 GTS gated), I bought with 38k and did another 12k on it...2 majors during that time, not a single issue, ever (reg maintenance and had an exhaust put on it)

16. bjwhite

bjwhite F1 Rookie

Mar 17, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Brian White
    As well you should. I love it!

Me? About 500 km in 9 months.

17. taz355

taz355 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 18, 2008
    Indio Ca/ Alberta
    Full Name:
    Grant
    I had a busy year so less than 3k
    I hoping for a better year in 2018

18. Weekend warrior

Dec 9, 2016
    Weymouth MA
    Full Name:
    Robert DiStasio
    i think i did 7000 miles when i bought my 355 2 years ago. then the ticking noise it was making when i first bought it started to sound like something caught in a bicycle tire. Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. Weekend warrior

Dec 9, 2016
    Weymouth MA
    Full Name:
    Robert DiStasio
    notice the amount of oil around the valves. i bet you havent seen that on a ferrari before. thats what happens when you are a sucker and pay $30,000.00 to the wrong company to rebuild your heads after you throw a belt and are too stupid to stop driving the car. had to replace 2 valve seats, 5 valves , complete head rebuild, 1 piston, complete set of rings, waterpump, belts, bearings, tensioners, throttle cable, and all the usual stuff. i'm hoping to put the same mileage on this year so that i can break her back in right.

20. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    I could only manage under 500 miles in my one year of 348 ownership. At this rate, I can go another 10 years before having to do the 30,000 mile service.o_O

I did just get a CEL for the five through eight bank of cylinders. Pulled the 1211 and 1212 codes, so I switched the the oxygen sensors’ plugs from one side to the other (You don’t have to physically unscrew the oxygen sensors; there is enough slack in the wires to swap the connectors from one side to the other), which correspondingly switched the CEL to the one through four bank of cylinders. Whew. $150 for two new O2 sensors, and I should be good to go.

21. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    Seen that before? Sure I have. Who,was the company?

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. DarkHorseTerence

Oct 25, 2012
    I don't drive my car because:

1) It melts in the rain
    2) The engine is made of chocolate
    3) The electrics never work
    4) If I put any miles on it, it would be worthless
    5) I cant afford to service it
    6) Stone chips destroy the front
    7) Its too fast for my limited driving skills
    8) The neighbours don't like the sound it makes
    9) Its too slow compared to modern hot hatches
    10) The gated shifter is intimidating

:p:D:D

Have i missed anything?

Weekend warrior likes this.
  23. Weekend warrior

Dec 9, 2016
    Weymouth MA
    Full Name:
    Robert DiStasio
    autosport gallery in kansas.
    i bought the car in chicago at chicago motorsports, and drove back to boston with my 12 year old son in what i would describe as an epic road trip. we had what appeared to be an amish gentleman in a silver mclaren offer us a race (declined) as we were coming through an amish area of indiana. The next morning we raced out of youngstown ohio with a snowstorm 15 minutes behind us. nothing like a ferrari at dawn going through the poconos with a reason to go fast.
    Despite the motor problems that got worse, my brother and i had a blast tearing down the motor and rebuilding it. the dealer kicked in $4k which went a long way to getting everything i needed. Special thanks to everyone on this site that posts so much valuable information as well as dan at ricambi america. i still have a couple of bugs to work out, like the dashboard i need to reupholster, but i already have the correct leather and i am an upholsterer by trade. i also need to reprogram the seat position now that the seats are reupholstered and back in. i will look up my leather source and post it later as i am sure many people have trouble getting the correct leather

24. Weekend warrior

Dec 9, 2016
    Weymouth MA
    Full Name:
    Robert DiStasio
  25. Weekend warrior

Dec 9, 2016
    Weymouth MA
    Full Name:
    Robert DiStasio
    i forgot to mention, in the invoice it shows that the customer complained it wasnt running properly so they gave the car 2 cans of seafoam and sent him on his way!