How Many Lamborghini Countach In Malaysia? | Page 3 | FerrariChat

How Many Lamborghini Countach In Malaysia?

Discussion in 'Asia' started by MHZ, Apr 4, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Jingjok:

Yeah, the bureaucracy as far as the local ROV/JPJ/Customs is downright fantabulously reeediculous, but don't let that deter you from staying on over in MY..:)

As the poster above me says.."needs something.."..:p Then again, your agent should have connections to get these things done.

Thing is in MY, dufusses at the abovesaid departments are so single minded that they refuse to acknowledge anything else besides the ordinary/recorded numbers, no matter how legitimate and logical the claim is. Eg : your engine number belonging to a motorcycle. Not sure about Lambo numbers... but numbers being numbers...it can actually match a friggin' Hondayamakwakazuki and your agent needs to make the point that the numbers on your CT motor originates from lamborghini Spa. and records to prove just that..

There is someone who has been selling exotics in MY for many years and he has the experiences and 'contacts' with JPJ/Kastam Eksais diRaja. He sells Lamborghinis now. His initials are RL and if he's not your agent, maybe you could drop him a line and get him to help you go around the birokrasi..:)

Great going on the Cannonball Run mate...and hope to see the CT wearing MY plates soon...

Note : You've got PM

2. sc80

sc80 Rookie

Apr 27, 2008
    yeah...i think RL can do the job....i got his number with me...do PM me if u need so...
    wish u good luck...

3. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Well done. I was @ the factory last Summer as well, it was a memorable trip. The event wasn't pretty 1/2yrs back with some high speed crashes in the Thai highway. So please be careful.

The Countach is one of my fav "pin-up" car along with the 512BB. Was looking @ UK cars but prices have been rising steadily :(

There's at least one unregistered unit here in Singapore & it was being kept under cover @ the Ferrari dealer's warehouse. I was very tempted to get the Diablo 6.0SE then export it to MY last year but timing wasn't right & I don't have that much cash anyway.

Anyway, hope you get things sorted out soon & we'll be glad to meet up when you're done. Cheers!

4. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D

Dude. the series 111 land rover is a gem to drive, i use to drive a red one here, and I also had a ligh weight. Landies are great ,, and I believe so is your Countach.
    As a kid, and even now.. i still like the countach. and yours is a fine piece. Hope to see it in Singapore.

5. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Great news Mark! The Countach is at last a 'Malaysian' now..:D Thanks for adding a rare 'un to our roads...

6. iam2cute

iam2cute Formula Junior

Aug 19, 2006
    Kuala Lumpur/China
    Full Name:
    Alan
    #56 iam2cute, Jun 20, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 20, 2008
    Saw your baby countach picture at Meguiar new showroom at Jalan Templer :D Very nice car......

7. nicholastan

nicholastan Formula Junior

Jun 10, 2006
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Nicholas Tan
    Congrats! thats a nice looking countach!

why does ur car have blue underbody neon lights?

8. PorscheDesign

PorscheDesign Rookie

Jun 20, 2008
    What this car came to Spore ?

too bad never get to see it.. :(

Beautiful pixs... is this pic taken from Spore?

9. Jingjok

Jingjok Rookie

May 11, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    The blue lights are LED strips fitted by my teenage son in the UK. Gilding the lily I think, but so what? When a car is this ridiculously flash already, it's probably impossible to overdo it :) I heard LED body lights were illegal in Singapore so I didn't drive about with them on much.

Yes, these are my own pictures taken by me four days ago, outside the National Museum. A photo shoot was being done for Top Gear magzine, so I stayed on and did a few of my own. It certainly entertained the car park guys. I'll put some more up on site later. But it does seem odd, what with this being a FERRARI forum and all :)

There's a picture of my car at the Meguiar showroom? I did not know that. It was sent there by the local Lamborghini dealer (who is hugely helpful) for detailing, after it had suffered the deprecations of ocean travel.

I've had a few PMs saying they saw the car. People may also have noticed the two very fed-up looking passengers sweltering in the hot cabin with a failed aircon fan! Next time I drive the beast to Singapore I'll let the forum know, so maybe we can have a meet up at some bar or other: take pics of each others' cars, annoy the passers by, and so on.

Right now I'm back in KL. Going down to fix the air con now...

Regards to all

Mark

10. mahwon

mahwon Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2005
    NYC-Shanghai
    mint! looks superfly. very nice, happy motoring.
    btw the wing can suport that much weight??

11. Jingjok

Jingjok Rookie

May 11, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What!? 'That much weight'? Ha Ha, I bet you wouldn't say that to the young lady directly!!

Think of the downforce generated at close to 300Kmph - heavier than most women I think. Except of course maybe in America :)

12. DrPitchard

DrPitchard Formula Junior

Apr 4, 2008
    Malacca/KL/Colombo
    Full Name:
    Jack
    Haha....Asian women...lol..... ><" Featherweight....
    It ain't a Wira or Aeroback wing aniway....it's for real...haha....

13. AC6

AC6 Formula Junior

Sep 14, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Justin
    #63 AC6, Jun 21, 2008
    Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
    LOL Good one.

I was shocked when I first saw the lady on the spoiler, but what you said is true though, I never thought of it from the downforce @ 300kmph angle.

Awesome car mate. Nothing is more respectable than driving a supercar all around the world, let alone a countach!

14. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK &amp; London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Good lord! Mark, you should've informed us about your trip here :(

Would love to see & hear a moving countach. Did you drop by the dealer here? I'll bring you over next time & I'm sure they'll be thrilled to see your car. We have a cocktail party for the LP560 launch on 8 July, it'll be nice to see you here (of course with the countach)

I'm in KL quite often lately & in fact just been offered a 25th anniv Countach from KL. Heard it's one of the only two there. I'll be in KL next week & might just take a peep.

Btw, congrats on getting everything settled.

Isk, I'm back home. Had lots of seafood there. Unfortunately, I couldn't visit the mysterious hill where things defy gravity. The place has been closed for road widening for a year! I might just drop by again in Autumn or winter ;)

15. Jingjok

Jingjok Rookie

May 11, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #65 Jingjok, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017

16. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Mark,
    It's evident that the/your Countach still have got what it takes in the looks department compared to the 'new kids' in the picture...:)

Jon, the 25th Anni CT should be either in blu pearl or rosso. Seafood only huh? Autumn is great there, fine weather and lots of 'visitors' from up north. Better brush up on yer Par Russki....;)

17. mahwon

mahwon Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2005
    NYC-Shanghai
    haha sorry that came out wrong, she doesn't look a lb over 115.
    i always thought downforce pushing the rear at high speed, isn't the same as put physical weight just like that on the wing though.

18. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK &amp; London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Damn! Should've PM me. Is that in Sg??? They had a Sunday morning drive recently.

Isk, I had some live abalones! No kidding & went for one of those famous bath as well. Not bad. I like the city, 6 lanes trunk roads, lanky gals, beautiful houses, nice beaches :D No wonder you're staying

19. Jingjok

Jingjok Rookie

May 11, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #69 Jingjok, Jun 25, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2009
    Yes, in Singapore, morning of 15 June. We were invited as guests, which was supremely kind of them. I promise to PM next trip! Are all the car clubs in Sg friends?

Ha Ha! flattery, flattery! I love it :)

Yes, these old classics still hold their own with the younger crowd, both in looks and performance.

I'm tempted to add 'just like the owner,' but modesty forbids :)

OK, and honesty forbids it too.

Well, I've passed on your assessment. The correct figure is 45kg (99 lbs) of 'static downforce' :)

You might well be right about the dynamic/static load/point load thingie, but I find when it comes to a choice beween flattering pretty women by allowing them to treat my car as a chill-out lounge, and cold physics, physics has no chance!

Ferruccio would have understood.

20. mahwon

mahwon Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2005
    NYC-Shanghai
    mate, women never tell the truth. or maybe the scale needs to get fixed :p

21. mahwon

mahwon Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2005
    NYC-Shanghai

wats mysterious hill and where is it?
    and ditto on the seafood.

22. Tifosi66

Tifosi66 Formula 3

Nov 30, 2004
    Jiang Jia Jie
    Full Name:
    Li-Ge
    Dalian. Liaoning province.

23. SFchallenge

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK &amp; London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    +1 that definitely doesn't look like 45kg & she don't look short

She wouldn't get a chance to lie on mine :(

24. Jingjok

Jingjok Rookie

May 11, 2008
    UK
    Full Name:
    Mark
    #74 Jingjok, Jun 27, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Well gentlemen, I leave you to your own assessments.

So tell me, what's her real age?

I know what she told me... but what do you experts think? :)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

25. mahwon

mahwon Formula Junior

Dec 1, 2005
    NYC-Shanghai
    oh in china. i thought he was talking about malay.
    what's special about mysterious hill?