How far in advance did you get reservations for a factory tour? | FerrariChat

How far in advance did you get reservations for a factory tour?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Copasetic222, Oct 12, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Copasetic222

Copasetic222 Karting

Jan 25, 2009
    I asked my dealership in August to make a reservation for a factory tour next May. I was told that they were told by Ferrari to contact them in October.

I followed up in October and was just sent this response that my contact received from his fatory rep:

Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Doesn’t make it easy to do any advance planning. Have those of you who have visited had the same experience?

Also, I was told back in the August the maximum number of clients per party is three. There are four of us traveling.

Are these “normal” responses?

paulchua likes this.
  2. paulchua

paulchua Cat Herder
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 1, 2013
    Menlo Park, CA
    Full Name:
    Paul Chua
    Mine was 2 months, but I went during a slow season. They shut down for a long time for the holidays so this makes sense. It's true they don't release the schedule until after New Year's.

3. Shinigami

Shinigami Formula Junior
    Owner

Aug 2, 2005
    Gland Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Heikki
    I knew which month I wanted to visit, and contacted my dealer roughly 4 months in advance to see which day in that month could be allocated. Worked out fine in my case. I do think the largest 'party' when I went there, was indeed 3 people (two adults, one child, and in the other case, an adult with two children).

4. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    We submitted our request in Feb for a tour in Sept/Oct.
    Then had to wait until they published the schedule for our Dealer to coordinate our tour.
    Luckily, it all worked out as requested.

5. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    I first contacted my dealer on March 1 and was able to secure a date a few weeks later for my trip in May. I was by myself, but everyone else on the tour had one guest, if I recall. Still, I know that was a slow time of year for travel in Italy. If I had wasted the summer or early fall, I would have had to wait longer for confirmation.

6. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    Children are not allowed on the tour. I believe age 16. Italy shuts down in August, so don't expect much then!

7. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I've never heard of a limit on the size of your group, but I never tried to book for more than my wife and I. I would think if you have children over 16 then it wouldn't be unreasonable to want them to accompany you. My experience is booking is best done about 4-5 months in advance. I've never seen this response before but it doesn't mean its not normal. I would just be persistent and also polite. I'm sure it will work out.

paulchua likes this.
  8. ago car nut

ago car nut F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 29, 2008
    Madison Ohio
    Full Name:
    David A.
    I believe there is a limit of three adults.

9. killer58

killer58 Formula 3

Jun 30, 2010
    CA & DC
    That’s what we were told by our dealer and FNA.

10. Copasetic222

Copasetic222 Karting

Jan 25, 2009
    Thanks for the information. Very helpful. BTW, how long does the factory your last?

11. Rossocorsa1

Rossocorsa1 F1 Veteran

May 14, 2017
    About 2.5 hours.

12. vandevanterSH

vandevanterSH Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 27, 2005
    AR
    Full Name:
    Stephen Van Devanter
    The wife and I went last May, and the final dates from Ferrari were very late in being announced. Made it difficult to schedule lodging but it worked out OK. The wife like the factory tour so much that she wants to do it again next year and combine it with Monaco GP. Lucky me!!

Steve

13. proggero

proggero Rookie

Apr 18, 2013
    San Francisco
    Full Name:
    Paul Roggero
    Just back from travel in Italy and a factory tour on October 17th. I started working on the confirmation dates in May. I originally attempted to start the reservation process in February, but was told my the dealer representative that Ferrari had not yet released dates for the later part of 2017. The tour lasted about 3 hours and 15 minutes. I was only allowed a single guest. There were about 16 total people who were present for the tour that I went on. The group was separated into two smaller groups. Before we left to start the tour, everyone was stopped because some people on the tour brought two children with them who were left in the reception area. One on the children's parents needed to stay behind with the children or the parent's group was going to be denied entry. The confirmation letter specifies that business casual clothing should be worn, however, most of the guests were in blue jeans and sneakers. They do verify the identity of guests with their reservation list.