Hose routing question | FerrariChat

Hose routing question

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by syata, Oct 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    I have a 1988 Monfial 3.2 CAB.

I noticed the rubber hose that is connected to the air intake plenum slightly back if the oil filter runs over the oil filter and touches the oil filter.
    Is this normal or is this hose routed incorrectly? I am concerned that the oil filter gets too hot and may melt the rubber hose.

2. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    In general I do not think the oil filter will melt the hose. Could you add a picture? It would make it easier to understand your problem.
    /Peter

3. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Here is a picture of the hose. I rigged it up with zip ties to keep it for touching the oil filter.
    The 328 has the same set up but this hose is routed towards the rear of the engine and is clear of the oil filter.
    Thanks for any advise.

4. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
    Ok, I don't think that is of any problem. Leave it on top of the oil filter or in front of it if the hose is long enough.
    /Peter

5. Pero

Pero Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 22, 2011
    Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter R
  6. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    Thank you Peter.

7. moysiuan

moysiuan F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2005
    Canada
    Here is my original stock hose set up, I think if you put a tie on the hoses where they both route down into the body, your hose on the filter can be raised Image Unavailable, Please Login up a bit.