Hong Kong Not for Classic Ferrari Cars | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Hong Kong Not for Classic Ferrari Cars

Discussion in 'Asia' started by FarEastFerrari, Sep 10, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SFchallenge

SFchallenge F1 World Champ

Jun 28, 2004
    Sgp, KL, HK & London
    Full Name:
    Jon Wijaya
    Hello mate, that's interesting but I went to their site & couldn't find anything small for cars or boats. Do you know where we can find more information & stockist in our area?

2. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    Good looking car, Thomas.

3. FarEastFerrari

FarEastFerrari Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    #28 FarEastFerrari, Sep 23, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 23, 2015
    Thanks. The 308GT4 is an under appretiated car. Despite its Bertone styling, it's a great driving and handling car. The engine sounds good too.

4. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Lovely car Thomas, and glad to hear bbird sorted things out for you.

5. 3604u

3604u F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Sep 27, 2004
    london/singapore/JKT
    Full Name:
    D
    Porsche prices are appreciating and even I am suprised.

Your car looks amazing and I am hunting for a 308 or a 512 BB for use under classic plate in Singapore .

6. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Lovely car. I don't know of a GT/4 that hasn't had the choke cable disconnected.

7. FarEastFerrari

FarEastFerrari Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2014
    Hong Kong, LA & NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Choi
    Could you please let me know about it? Why did they disconnect the choke? We also noticed that some of the parts for the auto choke is also missing on the car so we are trying to fabricate the parts to make it active again.

8. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    I wish that I could. All I know is that is common. When I asked my mechanics all have said I shouldn't reconnect. Not just here in warm Florida but up in cold New England as well.
    Anyone know more?

9. butcher

butcher Formula 3

Oct 19, 2008
    Castro Valley, CA
    Full Name:
    Albert
    The environment of Hong Kong and other places in South East Asia is definitely not favorable to old exotic cars, but I doubt that would stop the true enthusiast from having that type of car. Anyone who still wants to own and drive a 308GT4, Dino, or any pre-90's exotic car already has the requisite "love for the car", that the environment would not stop them from having that special old car. These owners tend to keep the car for some time and treat it very well. These owners tend to love the car independently of the brand status that a Ferrari, Lamborghini, Maserati, or Lancia has. Kudos to al of you out there doing this...

10. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    #35 abstamaria, Oct 18, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    A major, rain-laden storm made landfall North of Manila this morning. There is plenty of rain, and humidity is touching 90%. The dehumidifiers are keeping humidity in the garage to about the recommended 55%, so that gives me some peace of mind.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. abstamaria

abstamaria F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2006
    Full Name:
    Andres
    One shouldn't tempt fate. As soon as I posted that, the lights went out. A transformer blew in the storm. By morning, without electricity, humidity in the garage rose to 79%. Luckily, we have power again.

12. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio