Help!Looking for an FF service/repair manual | FerrariChat

Help!Looking for an FF service/repair manual

Discussion in 'FF/Lusso' started by asphaltca, Jan 24, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Warranty is up and dealers are 3 hours away so I was hoping to source out a service/repair manual for the FF. Might come in handy for those minor things that pop up. Can anyone out there help? As Red Green a Canadian comedian says "If she doesn't find you handsome she better find you handy." so a little help here guys.

2. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    A service manual will definitely be handy. I live 350+ miles from the closest dealership so I can definitely use one, too. Hopefully someone will point a finger towards the right direction.

3. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    I believe most modern Ferrari workshop manuals are online now, no more disc, and no more hardbound manuals.

Three hours away is an awful long ways to drive for an Oil Change!

Andy

4. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Andy any chance you know where to find the FF service manual?

5. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Unlikely it will be available for download online in the near or distant future.

6. AClark

AClark Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2017
    USA
    I was at a Dealership today and asked.

They said everything was online, they had a portal they went through to access repair documentation specifications and such.

When I asked if it was something I could access they politely said no.

You've got me to thinking though and I'm still looking around, I will report back if I come up with a solution.

Andy

7. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Thank you Andy, I look forward to your findings.

8. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    Why does everything has to be online nowadays?! A simple printed copy is all I need!

9. boostorbust

boostorbust Karting

Jan 27, 2013
    Ferrari is going to protect this info with their life. They make a killing on parts and service and it's not something they will let slip through their fingers. Typically Ferraris are not hard to work on and they know that any competent individual with a manual is a revenue killer for them

PhantomCypher likes this.
  10. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    the bigger hurdle than having a WSM is having access to a DEIS....

We've had very few technical issues with any of our cars, but those we've had required the DEIS to plug in...

11. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    #11 asphaltca, Jan 28, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I do agree but having the service manual would be very valuable as it allows for simple tasks like changing the oil correctly or dismantling the car to gain access to the parts that are in need of changing. There are less expensive scan tools that might provide a code that can point someone in the right direction but if cylinder cut out tests or in depth diagnostics are required then it would be the bullet that needs to be bitten.
    I was able to get a full service manual for my F430 from a fellow Fchat member 4 years after the model was out of production. It could have been available sooner but that was when I required one for a serious electrical up grade in the drivers zone.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    The WSMs are out there, so just keep looking. I have the GTO and F12 WSMs, and those were both from after the manuals went to MODIS. The F12 WSM is a large series of separate pdf files for each section.

13. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    I have located a 100 page FF work shop manual but the seller wants $1000. If there is enough interest I can buy it and split the cost amongst others here that are interested and send them out a full colour PDF file. I'm thinking $150.00 each if I can find 5 interested as I do not have a problem spending $250 for my copy.

PM me if you think you might be interested. Could do the transaction through Paypal just send your email address so I can send the PDF out.

Mark

14. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    I stand corrected.
    I contacted the Work shop manual provider and was told that it has 941 pages and the layout appears to be similar to the F430 manual I had. I understand these are complicated cars but being so far away from a dealer, owning a manual makes sense to me. To be able to remove and replace some simple wear items or to be able to do a service would provide a sense of satisfaction as well. Knowing the sequence for tear down and install is essential for the handy guy or his local mechanic.
    That being said, is there anyone that wants a FF work shop manual? Shared cost of $150.00 each.

15. FF4X4

FF4X4 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 8, 2016
    PM'ed you

16. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    I'm not a lawyer and I habitually violate some laws every day (mostly speeding) but thought I'd mention

1) if you buy the WSM from anyone but FNA or SpA, you are essentially purchasing stolen property, as it's licensed to Ferrari

2) whoever is selling it essentially violating Trademark, licensing and Intellectual Property Laws

3) whoever downloaded it (or, more likely, just printed it after hours in the service department of the dealership) is likely violating the dealer's franchise agreement with FNA

etc etc

Chances are about zero that you'll get in any trouble or it will ever even be known, but I'm probably sensitized to it since a lot of what I do is help our clients manage through IP theft, piracy and licensing issues

Not judging, just saying....

17. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    Thank you and understood, but if the manufacture does not want to provide a shop manual to the little people, what is one to do? If you are handy and do not want to cause damage working on your car it's a must have.
    The supply company is from a distant country and when I asked if I was allowed to share it, they said I could. Now I do not know if they are licensed to provide this info but their business is strictly repair Manuals. One would hope this would not stir-up litigation to have a copy on one's computer. All I know is when I needed a F430 manual it was shared with me from a fellow member here at a reasonably cost to off set his initial purchase. I can't tell you if that manual came from FNA or SpA but it was helpful more than once and paid for it's self on the first task.

18. Entropy

Entropy Formula 3
    Owner

Jul 10, 2008
    Understand your PoV

I do not know all the details, but IIRC FNA and/or SpA went litigious in the past year on internet posted manuals (ferraridatabase.com) and, I believe, shut them down. Other members here might have a more complete story.

Again, chances are ZERO this will affect you and yes, I agree, it would be great if OEM's would sell their WSM's, diagnostic tools, et al for a reasonable price. The VCI they sell to allow (authorized!) Challenge race teams I think retails for $10K.....for a $500 max piece of tech.

However, it IS their iP and I guess they get to decide what they do with it. I'm just sensitive as I'm in the IP business and I've seen my IP get improperly "adapted" and it irritates me.

Last, if someone is charging you $1K for it, I'd wonder who is price gouging worse, SpA or the guy reselling it to you?

19. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    941 pages is more like it. I have a Nissan factory wsm for a Nissan built in early 90's and it's 1-2" thick. 100 pages will be highly questionable as a wsm.

Is the manual published by Ferrari? Is it in English? Is it for a specific model year or for all FF's?

20. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    I believe it is a ferrari manual and in english for the FF models without a specified year.

21. CrazyMD

CrazyMD Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2012
    Southern California
    Him happy to pay $150 and ferrari can go pound sand if they don't like it. Please pm me and I'll PayPal you $150

22. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    So back to the original post.
    I have located and ordered the Ferrari FF workshop manual and have two that have spoken up and want a copy of the 941 page workshop manual. I need two more to take the sting out of the original purchase price. It would be sent to you in a PDF format.
    PM me if you want a copy.

23. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    #23 asphaltca, Feb 5, 2017
    I have received the work shop manual for the FF and it is very detail as you can imagine. I need to find a couple people looking for this manual for their cars. Keep in mind that when it comes time to do your own service on your dime this will be a invaluable tool. $150 for a PDF and once I have a couple more buyers I will release it. It came at a cost $1000 for the 941 pages.
    Here is a sample of a page I took a picture of.

DTSander and Ftechkoko like this.
  24. otakki

otakki Formula 3

Mar 24, 2016
    $150 is nothing compared other wsm's I have gotten in the past. Heck, the closest indy mechanic and Fcar dealership service are each 300-350 miles away from me. However, what Entropy has mentioned definitely has validity despite the chance being slim to zero that anything would happen.

I have been involved in two legal cases in the past 2 years and will be wrapping up the second one this year. Thus the thought of anything legally related scares me, despite my position as plaintiff in both cases...plus I can only fathom how mad as hell missus will be...

I'll need more days to think this over. BTW are there any legal fine prints in the manual that restricts the buying/selling/distribution of it by anyone other than FNA or Spa? What about any related warnings on legal action by Ferrari? Since you already have the manual in your possession, is it published by Ferrari?...If yes, via FNA or Spa?

25. asphaltca

asphaltca Karting

Nov 3, 2014
    Ontario Canada
    #25 asphaltca, Feb 6, 2017
    There is no Small print. The only thing I can find in the manual is this...