Hanhart Ferrari DuoStop Timers | FerrariChat

Hanhart Ferrari DuoStop Timers

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by OnTheDash, Dec 11, 2011.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. OnTheDash

OnTheDash Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
  2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    They were worn on a strap around the neck for timing from the pits not dash mounted.

3. OnTheDash

OnTheDash Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    Thank you for this reply.

There are slots on the ends of the case that seem to have been designed so that the case could be mounted in a bracket (and thereby attached to a dashboard). Here is a photo showing one of these slots -- http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_DashMounted//x._Other_Brands/g.Hanhart_Two-Stop/06HHTSCornerR.JPG

You are correct that there are also "eyes" at the top of the case, so that they could be hung around the neck, on a lanyard. The timepieces would have been hanging upside-down, for the wearer, but that's another matter!!

Thanks again,

Jeff

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Those were for attaching the unit to a clipboard which timing sheets were clipped to.

As an aside if you're offering these for sale or using a Commercial Reference in your user name you should subscribe.

5. OnTheDash

OnTheDash Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    Thanks for this further information. Now, I need to find some vintage photos, showing these timers in use.

Thanks for the "aside" -- I am not offering these for sale and OnTheDash.com is entirely non-commercial . . . nothing being offered for sale on the website; it's an informational website that I operate, for Heuer enthusiasts / collectors / etc.

Jeff

6. Scuderia Dino Torino

Feb 1, 2011
    Yes, Jeff is a top name in the community of Heuer collectors of vintage watches and timekeepers and he did (and still does) an amazing job with his website to help enthousiasts around the world. He always shared his knowledge without any commercial interest or involvement. Welcome on F.C. and please keep us posted with your interesting discoveries ! Emanuele

7. OnTheDash

OnTheDash Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    Thanks, Emanuele . . . OnTheDash has been good fun, these last eight years, and interest in the vintage Heuers is currently at an all-time high.

I've got to admit that these Hanharts are baffling. We see Uni-Stop, Duo-Stop, Two-Stop and Tri-Stop; on the "Hanhart", we see block letters and script letters; some have "Ferrari" in the metal and others do not; we see black dials and white dials; large registers and small registers; simple stopwatches and split-second stopwatches; some of the red cases are marked only "Hanhart" and others also have the "Ferrari" name; we see a variety of jewel counts; we even see German and English on the dials, for a pair in the same case!!

I would have thought that with all the interest in the vintage Ferraris, and such a strong community of Ferrari collectors, someone would have written a definitive piece about these Hanharts, with lots of information about these timepieces. But I sure can't find it!! They seem to sell for good money, sometimes in the $5,000 to $10,000 range.

Maybe with some luck, we can assemble some information and publish such a weppage or article.

Thanks again,

Jeff

8. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    closing thread for sole purpose promoting website and likely commercial tie to sales forum.

9. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    after more mod discussion we're going to open this back up to see where it goes. thanks.

10. OnTheDash

OnTheDash Rookie

Dec 11, 2011
    Well, I'm still not finding much information, but I am finding some amazing samples . . . how about these three!! http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_DashMounted/x._Other_Brands/v.Various_Hanharts/ThreeHanhartPairs.jpg

as has been the pattern, there is no pattern (at least not any pattern that I can detect) . . . a crazy-quilt of combinations . . . English and German, different shades of black and white, different types of boxes, different jewel counts, Addi-Stop, DuoStop, Tri-Stop, different fonts.

but we have found something that may prove to be very useful . . . instruction sheets / brochures; I'm really not sure what they are, as they are entirely in German!!

Jeff

11. Heini67

Heini67 Rookie

Aug 29, 2017
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Waldmann