Group Buy: QA1 Coil-over Shock Bushings | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Group Buy: QA1 Coil-over Shock Bushings

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Owens84QV, Dec 24, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    UPDATE:
    Placed the bushing order with Hill Eng.
    SS clips & washers are on order.

Once I get the order confirmation with shipping costs on the SS hardware, I'll know the final price. It looks like it's going to come in less than the previous figures but not a big difference.

2. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Appreciate all of your help Verell!!

3. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    It looks like your kits will ship in late March.

Got eMAIL from Hill Eng. Bushings should ship Monday, 27th. Figure 2 weeks min. to get here & clear sustoms(sigh).

Have received the SS washers, & the clips are supposed to arrive around 10 Mar.

4. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Thanks Verell! Between my 30K service in February and replacing my CV boots this weekend, it will be nice to have several weekends off before I begin on the suspension. Appreciate the update!

5. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Got eMAIL from Hill Eng. saying they went out yesterday, so all is on schedule as long as US customes doesn't take too long.

6. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Wow!
    Hill Eng knows something Ferrari.uk doesn't. They're here! Now just waiting for the circlips to come in. Supposed to be here towards the end of the week. If so, I'll pack your kits up next weekend & they'll go out Tuesday AM via Priority Mail.

7. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Let us know what the final balances are...we need to get you paid! Thanks so much for your outstanding effort to pull this together. You are one awesome dude!!

8. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    OK,
    I've got all the pieces. Will assemble kits & ship as soon as I can.

I've got all the costs, but since I've had so many senior moments when calculating the bottom line, I want to double check my spreadsheet. Will post them soon.

9. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Your kits are all packed up!!!

Will drop them at the post office tomorrow AM on the way to my 8-6 job.

Have made up a costed out parts list, checked it twice...
    ;)

& here's your bottom line price which includes USPS Priority Mail shipping & insurance:

$183.47/4-wheel set.

Thanks to Hill Eng who made the bushings, & helped me locate a lower cost source for the circlips.

BTW, I bought enough bushings to provide 2 more 4-wheel sets at about this price, so If anyone wants one, speak up quickly. After they're gone the price is likely to be significantly higher unless you can get another group buy going.

Yes, All parts are corrosion resistant stainless steel.

10. walawdog

walawdog Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2004
    Bluefield, WV
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    So, $183.47 is what we are sending you? Or is it that amount less what we paid as a down payment?

Has this already been answered, if so, sorry, I missed it.

11. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Sorry I wasn't clear.

It's $187.47 - your initial payment.
    If you sent $65, then you'll owe $122.47

Again, my apologies for initially misscalculating the price.

They were at the post office 1st thing this AM, so you should have them by this weekend at the latest.

12. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    It's simple: 4 wheels x 1 shock/wheel x 2 bushings/shock = 16..... NOT!!!

Duhhhhhhhh,
    BWWWWAAAAAAAHHHHHH,
    WUBBAWUBBAWUBBA,
    :{

GAWD, what was I thinking.

I got 16 into my head back when the design was two top hat shaped bushings/end, also, it was the # of thick spacers for the earlier Al. design. No wonder I couldn't make the costs work out right when I did the detailed spreadsheet!!!

Unfortunately the person who checked out my final costing isn't a hands-on car person, so accepted my counts.

OK, It's clearly my fault, Of course I'll make good.

I just reran the numbers based on 8 bushings, etc. per 4-wheel set. The price now works out to close enough to my original costing that I can go with $127.00/set.

You can either:
    1) return the 2nd set (ie: half of what you received & your price will be the original $127.00 price less your deposit & less the cost of shipping the 2nd set back by USPS parcel post(i'm in no rush),
    or,
    2) you can keep both sets at the 187.47 price less your deposit.

Please let me know which way you want to go.

BTW, Anyone want in at the $127/set price?

I bought a set for my car & what I thought were 2 sets on spec. to get the group buy price down. So I've got 5 extra sets not 2, may have more if some participants go with option 1.

13. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Verell, I'll go with one set. I'll count out the snap rings and spacers that are required for a 4-wheel set and return that set to you.

I'm sure there are people that wanted to get in and didn't. You may want to start a different / separate thread to attract some attention. I would also place some ads on FerrariAds.com.

14. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    Tnx, FerrariAds.com is a good idea.

Will take a picture & post an ad there.

I think it's premature to start a new thread just yet. Let's see what turns up in the next week or so. There were several people who expressed interest early on. They may still join in.

Also, interest in QA1 conversions is an annual thing. Most likely will be able to sell them next winter if they don't go right now. I'll honor the group buy price as long as these sets last.

15. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    I've still got a few QA-1 bushing sets at the $127/4-wheel set Group Buy price. Just click on my name, then select [Send eMAIL to Verell] from the drop down menu.

Please use the words "QA-1 Bushings" in the eMAIL subject line.

16. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Last year, my list of "To Do's" may have been a little agressive (30K major, new clutch...and a R&R on the suspension system). Well, the suspension didn't get done last year. This winter, the suspension is being overhauled!

I'll let you know how it goes. I've been looking for the best prices on the ES control arm bushings. Thanks again Verell!

17. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    I did mine as an old group buy... best prices I've seen for the 3101G's are here:
    http://www.suspension.com/ferrari.htm

18. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    #93 Owens84QV, Dec 11, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    Supercool!! That's group-buy pricing!

20. mike

mike Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike

A few years ago I participated in the "group Buy" suspension/bushing purchase from energy suspension..what we later learned was that not all bushings for the 3x8 series are the same..
    Not much customer service either, they wouldn't take them back.
    check the old site.
    just wanted to pass on a little buyer beware information.

21. hanknum

hanknum Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Henry
    Actually, I think we found out all the 308 bushings WERE the same. They sold us 2 different sizes. Huge fiasco. Some got them exchanged and others did not. I was one of the ones that did not. I think ES bushings are good quality but their customer service is horrible.

Wasn't this thread for the bushings needed to convert to QA-1 coilovers, not the control arm bushings?

22. Verell

Verell F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

May 5, 2001
    Groton, MA
    Full Name:
    Verell Boaen
    That's correct, the ES bushings are a hijack... ;^)

However, for the record:
    That's correct, the correct ES bushings for all 4 308 wheels is the 13-3101G. That $15.86 price is probably as good as you're going to find.

23. Owens84QV

Owens84QV F1 Rookie

Oct 2, 2001
    Somewhere in NC
    Full Name:
    Greg
    Well...then I hijacked my own thread. Sorry about that guys. At any rate, a $15.86 price on the ES bushings is reason enough to divert the thread temporarily!

24. mike

mike Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Mike
    And I too must stand "corrected".. also I was one of many who did not get the correct bushings...and all this time I thought there was a difference. thanks for correcting me.

25. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Damn straight!!! Good find bro!

Birdman