Gearbox mounting Bushing | FerrariChat

Gearbox mounting Bushing

Discussion in '360/430' started by AllardK3, Oct 13, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. AllardK3

AllardK3 Rookie

Aug 28, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Mike D
    Hey Guys,

My gearbox mounting bushing is starting to sag in my 360. I am looking to replace it and found that "superformance" sells 3 types of transmission mount that look like they should fit the 360.

Image Unavailable, Please Login Gearbox Mounting Bush
    High Quality: Superformance bushes use high grade rubber designed for maximum absorption that is bonded (not pressed) to the non rotating parts. The centre pins are ground on a centreless grinder to obtain a precise fit.
    1 required
    (360: All): (430: All) 186698
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    £48.00
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Gearbox Support Bush
    High Quality: Superformance bushes use high grade rubber designed for maximum absorption that is bonded (not pressed) to the non rotating parts. The centre pins are ground on a centreless grinder to obtain a precise fit.
    1 required
    (360: Modena, Challenge, Challenge Stradale) 186903
    £59.95
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Gearbox Support Bush
    1 required
    (430: Challenge, Scuderia, Scuderia Spider 16M) 237531

Any idea what the differences are and which one would be best for a 2004 gated 6 speed 360 coupe?

Thanks,
    Mike

2. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    I used the 430 bushing when I replaced mine and it worked great but mine was F1. Not sure if that matters but the car (now sold) shifted better once it was replaced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Ghostdiver

Ghostdiver Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 18, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    Full Name:
    Wally Hollar
    Not sure what the difference is between the two 360 mounts but I used the 430 mount as well and mine is an F1. IF you do this, be sure to get the tool to press it in. By doing it myself, I saved over a grand, but if I would have cocked the bushing and damaged/broke the mount...well, lets not even think about that.

4. ATLSIGNGUY

ATLSIGNGUY Karting

Mar 10, 2017
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    PJ Houser
    I used the last one, it's made for 430. It is the latest and best one. No more movement to my 360 tranny. Car runs and shifts like butter now.

Best of luck. Have a shop change it as a press is needed to do it right.

5. AllardK3

AllardK3 Rookie

Aug 28, 2013
    AZ
    Full Name:
    Mike D
    Thanks for the feedback guys. Any downsides with the stiffer 430 bushing like vibrations or noise?

6. cfensty

cfensty Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 1, 2008
    South Carolina
    I didn't notice any downside to the 430 mount.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk